Official inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler thread. September 29, 2012

Well, here's my race outfit...
Already commented on FB, but it's so cute I have to here, too - lovelovelove your outfit! I'm commissioning you to design my next one. :thumbsup2

I just looked, and it's currently 78 oF at WDW at 11PM (87% humidity)... eww.
You mean some people don't think 78 is a cool temp? :confused3 :rotfl: See below... ;)

The problem with all the wipes is that I can't stand the smell (particularly those ones after the DL1/2)! I'm pretty sure the camping ones are scented, but maybe there will be some sort of baby ones that are fragrance free.
There are! :thumbsup2 My DS has had super sensitive skin since he was a baby and I'm highly allergic to most scents, so I've only ever used unscented wipes. My grocery store sells them in its house brand, but I believe Huggies makes them, too, as does Seventh Generation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, it has nothing to do with the "terror" race theme and it's not technically a costume, (though I do feel a tad circus-y in it, lol!), but here's my race outfit:

7999647975_5246d3862d_n.jpg

The colors didn't photograph quite right: the top is a royal blue with aqua text and the Team Sparkle skirt matches the aqua. Sadly, my shoes are bright PINK, so not matching at all, but certainly noticeable, lol!

In other news, last night's short run was done in a nice, cool 84 degrees! Yes, I said "cool"... compared to the mid-90s I've been running in for months, 84 felt great! Didn't even have to wring out my shirt before going home. :yay:

Is there any running water in the changing tents, or would I need to go to the restroom to wipe-down before changing post-race? I just can't imagine being a sticky salty mess until 4AM. Anyone have any advice on ways to accomplish this, from experience (previous Disney night races)?

Old Spice used to sell wipes for this reason also. The boys in my house loved them! I found a small 5 pack of wipes for $1.00 at Five Below in their travel section. I need to double check their size. If they are too small, I plan to buy a pack of baby wipes and just use them. I will also have a small deodorant and a small "shammy" to dry me off with. The ones at Dollar Tree work well, so I will just cut one of those to a smaller size.

Tell DH & son they'll look out of place w/o a costume; all the cool kids will be wearing them. ;) Plus, group costumes get fun attention!

I DID tell them that they will be out of place!! My son has agreed to be a dalmation. :banana: My husband on the other hand said NO WAY!! I still have time to try and convince him. I may have to resort to bribery. :laughing:

We are not staying at a host resort and are planning on taking a cab to and from. I know we cannot get dropped off at the Studios but can we get picked up there after the party or do we have to take the shuttle to WWoS and get picked up from there.

So there is for sure a drop off area? My BF and I are running and my little sister and her BF will be attending the party with us, but not racing. I figured they could just drop us off since we are staying at a non-host resort (Coronado).

We are staying at Coronado as well, but we have a rental car. We will be driving to POR (host resort) and using the race transportation from there. If you end up without a plan B we could always take you guys with us in our rental car. :hippie::goodvibes

Im not sure if there is water...I kind of doubt it, but don't really know. But, if you plan to check a bag at the race, bring along a travel sized pack of baby wipes to freshen up with..not as good as a shower, but they do the trick! You could also stop in the restroom inside of the park, but I imagine they will be packed with people doing the same thing for quite a while.

This is my go-to plan for any race. They do have unscented baby wipes for sure. For the Princess I didn't end up checking a bag, I actually put some wipes in a small ziploc and laid it in the waistband of my run tights. I am a layering fool when I run, so I didn't even notice it in there. It was great to have them on me at the finish. This time DH and I will be checking bags for sure so we will just leave our wipes in there. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Just completed my online check-in!!! :cool1: It's fast approaching!

Yesterday United Airlines called my BF to say our flight out next Friday is overbooked and would we consider taking a flight 2 hours earlier or flying out the next morning, for a $200 per person voucher. As much as I could really use that voucher, we really can't take any of those options...but I sure hope they find enough people to accept...I'm nervous now...we cannot get bumped!!! I'll make sure we get checked in online exactly 24 hours prior so hopefully if they have to bump, they'll go by who checked in last! :confused3

Hey - sorry if this has been asked and answered before - is there a bus that will take us from the Disney resorts to the Expo? Usually we have our car but this time we're flying. I've never paid attention to this particular detail before.

Hey - sorry if this has been asked and answered before - is there a bus that will take us from the Disney resorts to the Expo? Usually we have our car but this time we're flying. I've never paid attention to this particular detail before.

Only host resorts will have transportation to and from the Expo...or you can always take a cab!

Hi! Checking in...been lurking awhile. :wave2:

All the outfits look great! I haven't decided what I'm doing yet...I'm about to run out of time though.

Has there been mention of any food vendors being open for the Villain's Bash? For the Princess, they gave us snack boxes at the finish, but I'm going to want REAL food!

Does anyone know if the changing tents will have some privacy? Or are they open? I heard people talking about using the restrooms instead...but I'd rather avoid the crowds there if I can.

Thanks!

Hi! Checking in...been lurking awhile. :wave2:

All the outfits look great! I haven't decided what I'm doing yet...I'm about to run out of time though.

Has there been mention of any food vendors being open for the Villain's Bash? For the Princess, they gave us snack boxes at the finish, but I'm going to want REAL food!

Does anyone know if the changing tents will have some privacy? Or are they open? I heard people talking about using the restrooms instead...but I'd rather avoid the crowds there if I can.

Thanks!

I've wondered this about the tents as well...I saw them at the W&D last year, but didn't go in. we ended up only staying at the afterparty long enough to wait in line to get our medals engraved...it was just super crowded and we were exhausted! I honestly don't even remember now if there was a separate mens and womens tent either :confused3

This is my go-to plan for any race. They do have unscented baby wipes for sure. For the Princess I didn't end up checking a bag, I actually put some wipes in a small ziploc and laid it in the waistband of my run tights. I am a layering fool when I run, so I didn't even notice it in there. It was great to have them on me at the finish. This time DH and I will be checking bags for sure so we will just leave our wipes in there. :goodvibes:goodvibes

If I check a bag, I put in a washcloth from the hotel in a baggie. If I think there will be a bathroom, I put it in dry, and if I think there won't be a bathroom, I put it in wet with a little liquid soap on it. That way I can wash up, then stash the washcloth back in the baggie. (I like real soap and water better than wipes.)

I'm going with the baby wipes. Using them for this reason, will be a first. I know cyclists use them, so it has to be good.;) I'm still torn about checking a bag or having my DD put items in a locker. I have decided, to go to TOT merchandise first, then packet pickup.

How crowded is everyone expecting it to be at the bash after the race? My kids and DH have tickets too. They plan to arrive right when the park reopens to get in a few rides before meeting me at the finish. I'm beginning to worry that this will be a big mess based on reviews from the Wine and Dine after party. Any idea? :confused3

es45 said:
How crowded is everyone expecting it to be at the bash after the race? My kids and DH have tickets too. They plan to arrive right when the park reopens to get in a few rides before meeting me at the finish. I'm beginning to worry that this will be a big mess based on reviews from the Wine and Dine after party. Any idea? :confused3

Honestly, I think it will be fairly crowded, especially the big ticket rides. But, if they try the rides as early as possible, it might be ok. If it helps, DH and I will probably head back to AoA after the race since ME will pick us up around 6:30 AM...2 less people to worry about!

es45 said:

I'm sure it will just crowded enough that I still won't be able to ride Toy Story Mania. Each trip recently it's been packed with 90 minute waits and no more fast passes available. :(

I would expect it to be fairly crowded. We are planning on getting our medals engraved which can take as little as 20-30 minutes or as long as an hour. Then we will wander around and check everything out. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter