Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered a chocolate slipper for CRT on June 23rd. She gave me the choice of milk or white chocolate. Went for the milk. :banana::thumbsup2

I now am thinking of getting two mini wedding cakes for each girl from the Boardwalk Bakery. Since this would be to go, is it possible to get Happy Birthday on the plate like you can get at restaurants? Is there seating outside to eat them? I am worried about transporting them back to Pop Century.

I'm sure they can write on the plates if you request it. There are metal tables and chairs in front of the bakery and all along the BoardWalk where you can sit and eat. :thumbsup2

Just called the cake hotline and listened to the automated info until I got the info for 1900 Park Fare. The lady who answered had no clue about when I asked for the 2 tier mini wedding cake. She said they were $30. I thought they were $25. She said they raised the price. Is that correct?

Didn't understand anything I asked about. Are they covered in fondant? Her..no. It was a mess, so she transferred me to someone who took my order and will get it to the bakery. They will call me to confirm.

She kept wanting me to have the chocolate mousse. I didn't even mention that....

how much $$$ was this cake???

Sorry, I don't know and DH doesn't remember. For some reason, probably because he got me an appliance for my 40th birthday, money was no object for my 50th birthday. He and I spent a whole week at Disney World, the last 3 days he brought my kids down from Atlanta and Kansas City, we did the Deluxe Dining Plan and he gave me a diamond tennis bracelet. It was wonderful and I felt very spoiled and loved!:love:

The index is absolutely fabulous!! Thank you so much for all of the hard work that went into assembling it, as well as all of the contributors who've made this thread so full of information. :love:

Just called the cake hotline and listened to the automated info until I got the info for 1900 Park Fare. The lady who answered had no clue about when I asked for the 2 tier mini wedding cake. She said they were $30. I thought they were $25. She said they raised the price. Is that correct?

Didn't understand anything I asked about. Are they covered in fondant? Her..no. It was a mess, so she transferred me to someone who took my order and will get it to the bakery. They will call me to confirm.

She kept wanting me to have the chocolate mousse. I didn't even mention that....

I don't think that the Mini Wedding cakes are covered on Fondant. The ones that are in the index all look like buttercream to me. Smooth buttercream, but buttercream.

Hopefully the person who calls to confirm has more (and better) information for you.

The lady who I was transferred to said they can be covered in fondant or buttercream.

I'm going in September- how early do you think I should order one?:goodvibes

I had read no more than two weeks or so. Our lunch is the 23rd so I went with the 'or so'. :cutie:

It was very easy to schedule; just call the number on the first posting and act like you know what you are ordering. She did ask for my ressie #, which I didn't have, but she was able to look it up.

I really wanted to order a cake after following this thread so many months but I signed up for Wishes Dessert party instead and this slipper. :rolleyes1

I am interested in ordering a chocolate slipper for my mom's birthday when we are there in december. She wants to eat her birthday dinner at Kona but from what I understand, you can only order chocolate slippers for GF restaurants or CRT. My question is can i order a slipper and pick it up from the GF and transport it to Kona before the dinner and then have the server bring it out after we are done our meal? thanks in advance! :upsidedow

The lady who I was transferred to said they can be covered in fondant or buttercream.

Were you ordering one covered in fondant? If you were, maybe that was the difference in price, $25 for buttercream or $30 for fondant.

It's also entirely possible that the price just went up. Disney's cakes are not really uniformly priced. I've seen junk for close to $100 (I think it was a Grumpy cake) and absolutely amazing cakes that were half the price. Who knows what they're thinking when they price.

I am interested in ordering a chocolate slipper for my mom's birthday when we are there in december. She wants to eat her birthday dinner at Kona but from what I understand, you can only order chocolate slippers for GF restaurants or CRT. My question is can i order a slipper and pick it up from the GF and transport it to Kona before the dinner and then have the server bring it out after we are done our meal? thanks in advance! :upsidedow

No, you cannot order a cake at the GF and then pick it up. You have to be eating in one of their restaurants or staying there.

There is no 'actual' bakery where you can go and pick up a cake.

Were you ordering one covered in fondant? If you were, maybe that was the difference in price, $25 for buttercream or $30 for fondant.

It's also entirely possible that the price just went up. Disney's cakes are not really uniformly priced. I've seen junk for close to $100 (I think it was a Grumpy cake) and absolutely amazing cakes that were half the price. Who knows what they're thinking when they price.

I really didn't get that far. I said mini 2 tier wedding cake and she said $30. I couldn't understand her and she couldn't understand me, so I think she transferred me out of frustration.

I really didn't get that far. I said mini 2 tier wedding cake and she said $30. I couldn't understand her and she couldn't understand me, so I think she transferred me out of frustration.

I'm glad she transferred you to someone who could help you.

Hopefully you only get charged the $25 :goodvibes

Some guests have been charged $30. and some have been charged $25. for the 2 tier mini wedding cake. Who knows why.

Here's one that was $30. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33446569&postcount=90

Also, I thought I read awhile ago that the mini wedding/castle cake at the GF was now $30??

No, you cannot order a cake at the GF and then pick it up. You have to be eating in one of their restaurants or staying there.

There is no 'actual' bakery where you can go and pick up a cake.

Thank you! I guess I'll have to try and convince her to change her mind where she wants to eat LOL!

My dh and I had a different type of wedding cake (at home) an open book with a castle coming from it to say we will have a fairytale life. Anywho, we are going for our 12th anniversary and are doing our anniversary dinner at CRT. Who do I call to get a cake there and do you think they would do an open book?

I am sure this has been asked a billion times on this thread, but could two people eat off of a mini castle cake? I was originally going to order a chocolate slipper for my DD's birthday dinner at 1900 Park Fare, but she is already going to be out of her mind excited, so I am thinking just a regular cake would be better.

So would this be enough for a couple of people to just nibble on, or just one 4 year old?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter