*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

I also watched the time lapse! Sooo excited to say we are officially going next month! pixiedust:

It's been a whirlwind because we also close on a new house December 1st, so we're DOUBLE excited about things! We have still managed to hide WDW from the kids..somehow! :santa::santa::santa:

The time lapse video was fun to watch! I was able to stop at big lots today and bought the Mickey Santa hat and 2 Christmas bulb necklaces for $11 total. Winning! If any of you are going, make sure you go on their website first and sign up to get the $5 off $15 coupon. I got an email for it today and ran over to get my stuff.

Hello, I guess I'm a little late to the party. I've had this booked since Spring but was so busy planning my other trips that I didn't get a chance to give this one some love. We will be arriving at Saratoga Springs Resort, staying in a studio villa Dec 23-29th. We are DVC. This is my 4th trip for 2016 and the 3rd for my husband and 14th year old daughter. My first trip in January was with my sister and a girlfriend of ours. We will be celebrating Hanukkah this trip. I"m interested in finding others who will also be celebrating Hanukkah.

Anyone ever been happy to get stricken with insomnia? Me neither. BUT, this past Saturday night, I couldn't sleep so I got up and watched TV in the living room. I was bored, watching TV and fudging with my IPad. So, on a whim, went to see if, maybe, just maybe, Disney had opened up anymore Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party openings. And sure enough, there it was, and on the day that I hoped. So, on 12/10, BDLsgal and I will be going from dinner at Minnie's Hollywood & Dine, and then heading into the Dessert party to take in the projection show. I really hope they have some of the "adult" drinks that they had for the Frozen Dessert Party during the Osbourne Lights (God, I miss the Osbourne lights).

I'm already psyched and I am still 5 weeks away.

PS: I also will have to check out the time lapse video.

Anyone ever been happy to get stricken with insomnia? Me neither. BUT, this past Saturday night, I couldn't sleep so I got up and watched TV in the living room. I was bored, watching TV and fudging with my IPad. So, on a whim, went to see if, maybe, just maybe, Disney had opened up anymore Jingle Bell Jingle Bam dessert party openings. And sure enough, there it was, and on the day that I hoped. So, on 12/10, BDLsgal and I will be going from dinner at Minnie's Hollywood & Dine, and then heading into the Dessert party to take in the projection show. I really hope they have some of the "adult" drinks that they had for the Frozen Dessert Party during the Osbourne Lights (God, I miss the Osbourne lights).

I'm already psyched and I am still 5 weeks away.

PS: I also will have to check out the time lapse video.

Ok- I laughed, congrats

Insomnia isn't all bad. I found one or 2 ADRs thanks to mine. I'm currently on teepublic looking at tshirts. I wasn't going to buy one for myself but now I'm starting to change my tune.

@Mindy5767 I don't celebrate Hanukkah but I did hear something on the dailydisfix that there will be Hanukkah songs and stories performed at Disney Springs and they are running during your trip.

Hello, I guess I'm a little late to the party. I've had this booked since Spring but was so busy planning my other trips that I didn't get a chance to give this one some love. We will be arriving at Saratoga Springs Resort, staying in a studio villa Dec 23-29th. We are DVC. This is my 4th trip for 2016 and the 3rd for my husband and 14th year old daughter. My first trip in January was with my sister and a girlfriend of ours. We will be celebrating Hanukkah this trip. I"m interested in finding others who will also be celebrating Hanukkah.

There is a Hanukkah show in the American pavilion at Epcot

There is a Hanukkah show in the American pavilion at Epcot
I had heard that they do that but I didn't hear any details. I'll have to be on the look-out for it.

@Mindy5767 I don't celebrate Hanukkah but I did hear something on the dailydisfix that there will be Hanukkah songs and stories performed at Disney Springs and they are running during your trip.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I heard Ryno mention the Hanukkah songs and stories at Disney Springs. He didn't give times, so I presume he didn't have them yet. I'll look for that as well. I really hope there is more than a glorious rendition of Dreidel Dreidel.

We have been to Disney in December before mid month, and also have been on Christmas day and the day after once, but never when it was actually Hanukkah while there. So this part will be new. The first night of Hanukkah is Christmas eve. We have AK planned for that day, and on Christmas day we have EPCOT planned with dinner at Nine Dragons. Last time we were there on Christmas day (when it wasn't also Hanukkah) we ate at Nine Dragons.

Adding my details here with only 38 days to go!

Staying Dec 11-16 at POR, Candlelight Processional on Dec 12, MVMCP on Dec 13, excited about JBJB show at HS, and crossing my fingers for ROL one night.

Paid off the remaining balance today! I talked to a super friendly Disney agent on the phone (and heard the MK Welcome music while on hold!! squeee!), added room requests, confirmed magical express...

Things just got real. :cool1:

We're finally past Halloween so I can really focus on December!! :earsboy:
Getting so excited to head back to Magic Kingdom. Just over a month til our first MVMCP December 18th! :santa:

We will surprise our DD (6) by doing a Mickey Christmas puzzle after thanksgiving. Upon completing the puzzle we'll ask where we are going to celebrate Christmas?!?
Here's a link to puzzle:

https://www.disneystore.com/puzzles...nd-friends-holiday-puzzle/mp/1414223/1030901/

Gotta share a funny story.

I just sent the link to the MVMCP merch page to BDLsgal (she's in the bedroom watching the CMA, I'm in the kitchen watching the World Series). So I go in and have her look at the stuff. After a few oohs and ahhs, she gets in a huff. "It's not fair that they are selling this stuff in November. They'll be sold out when we get there. This is BULL***T!!!"

After reassuring her, I busted a gut laughing.

Adding my details here with only 38 days to go!

Staying Dec 11-16 at POR, Candlelight Processional on Dec 12, MVMCP on Dec 13, excited about JBJB show at HS, and crossing my fingers for ROL one night.

Paid off the remaining balance today! I talked to a super friendly Disney agent on the phone (and heard the MK Welcome music while on hold!! squeee!), added room requests, confirmed magical express...

Things just got real. :cool1:

YAY!!! We will be there 11th-16th too. We are at CBR and going to MVMCP 12/11, Candlelight Processional 12/12 :), Fantasmic! 12/13, JBJB Dessert Party 12/14, ROL AK 12/15 and a final day a MK on 12/16. :) Spending a night on 12/10 and a night on 12/16 at Disney Springs too. :) I completing shirts and surprise planning and have been working on our packing list. :)

We're finally past Halloween so I can really focus on December!! :earsboy:
Getting so excited to head back to Magic Kingdom. Just over a month til our first MVMCP December 18th! :santa:

We will surprise our DD (6) by doing a Mickey Christmas puzzle after thanksgiving. Upon completing the puzzle we'll ask where we are going to celebrate Christmas?!?
Here's a link to puzzle:

https://www.disneystore.com/puzzles...nd-friends-holiday-puzzle/mp/1414223/1030901/

That puzzle is adorable! That's a great idea.

My trip was paid off today and I purchased Memory Maker this morning. So glad that's done. I don't know why but I was worried I'd forget to do it. I didn't buy shirts from teepublic because we may be going in on custom tshirts with my coworker who is going the week before us. My dh has a couple of designs saved and coworker's wife has some too. We're calling screen printing places now and trying to figure out if we should just make them ourselves or have them printed somewhere.

Oh my other coworker that just got married in Disney a couple of weeks ago, brought my daughter home the Cinderella carriage popcorn holder. It's really cute. I might use it to start our 30 day countdown. I was thinking that our elf can hang out of it and i could set up a scene with the Hallmark castle ornament I bought. Just not sure I want the elf out that early. I have a love/hate with that guy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter