*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Apparently I am about 14 months late to the thread. Thankfully, I know enough that I have been planning since at least that long ago (actually since we returned from our last trip in May of 2015). We, DW, DD(6), DD(4) and myself will be staying at BLT Dec 10-17. ADRs are booked, FP+ booked, touring plans and schedules are made for the most part.

What remains to be done is this:
1. Pick a night to do the "sleigh" ride at fort wilderness. Originally this was going to be on our DHS day, but the addition of JBJB has created a conflict (Yay for Disney adding experiences)
2. Decide whether the newly announced Christmas Tree trail at Disney Springs is worth giving up our evening on the boardwalk to see.
3. Finalize my AK day. Like others on the thread I have been waiting (not so patiently) for the change in park hours and official word and reviews of RoL before locking in my AK schedule.

For those of you waiting with me, some reliable looking evidence over in the Rumor and News board yesterday and today points to a soft open of RoL TONIGHT! We shall see. Hopefully, if true that will speed along the hour extensions and schedule announcements.

Apparently I am about 14 months late to the thread. Thankfully, I know enough that I have been planning since at least that long ago (actually since we returned from our last trip in May of 2015). We, DW, DD(6), DD(4) and myself will be staying at BLT Dec 10-17. ADRs are booked, FP+ booked, touring plans and schedules are made for the most part.

What remains to be done is this:
1. Pick a night to do the "sleigh" ride at fort wilderness. Originally this was going to be on our DHS day, but the addition of JBJB has created a conflict (Yay for Disney adding experiences)
2. Decide whether the newly announced Christmas Tree trail at Disney Springs is worth giving up our evening on the boardwalk to see.
3. Finalize my AK day. Like others on the thread I have been waiting (not so patiently) for the change in park hours and official word and reviews of RoL before locking in my AK schedule.

For those of you waiting with me, some reliable looking evidence over in the Rumor and News board yesterday and today points to a soft open of RoL TONIGHT! We shall see. Hopefully, if true that will speed along the hour extensions and schedule announcements.
Just wanted to point out that I recently booked a sleigh ride at FW. There wasn't a whole lot of availabilty so you may want to consider booking sooner rather than later. Have a great trip!

Just wanted to point out that I recently booked a sleigh ride at FW. There wasn't a whole lot of availabilty so you may want to consider booking sooner rather than later. Have a great trip!

Thanks, I went ahead and booked what I think will be the best fit right now to be sure I get it. If something changes I'll try to switch it, but at least I'm guaranteed of sometime since it is a very high priority for the wife.

For some reason, I haven't been getting my thread alerts at all since Friday, I'm so behind! I will add in our newcomers in just a bit :-)

I had to go grocery shopping today, and our walmart has completely switched over to Christmas overnight...I have to admit, I LOVED seeing it! The trees and the basic decoration row has been up since the beginning of October, but now it has spread throughout the store. It makes me even more excited for our trip.

I can't remember if I posted here or on my PTR, but I did go ahead and switch the days of my Candlelight Processional. Now our final park day will be morning at MK until the party crowds start coming in, and then our Yachtsman dinner, and off to Hollywood Studios for a Fantasmic fast pass.

The bulk of the planning stress is finally OVER and now I can concentrate on how much fun we'll have!

For some reason, I haven't been getting my thread alerts at all since Friday, I'm so behind! I will add in our newcomers in just a bit :-)

I had to go grocery shopping today, and our walmart has completely switched over to Christmas overnight...I have to admit, I LOVED seeing it! The trees and the basic decoration row has been up since the beginning of October, but now it has spread throughout the store. It makes me even more excited for our trip.

I can't remember if I posted here or on my PTR, but I did go ahead and switch the days of my Candlelight Processional. Now our final park day will be morning at MK until the party crowds start coming in, and then our Yachtsman dinner, and off to Hollywood Studios for a Fantasmic fast pass.

The bulk of the planning stress is finally OVER and now I can concentrate on how much fun we'll have!

Having the same issue with alerts.

I wasn't getting any of mine either! I was watching your PTR and had to get caught up on that the other day! I don't know what's going on with them!

:welcome: to our newcomers!! First page updated :-):-)

Hey there!!

I'm a little late to the party but DH and I will be flying down on December 11th doing a split stay at OKW and GFV. We booked the trip to meet my DSisters and their significant others. We have our FP picked and ADRs for Liberty tree, citricos, and morimoto Asia.

Happy to be planning with all of you!

You're not late, you're right on time! You missed out on most of the scary stressed out posts and now you can hang out with us for the fun stuff!!

Apparently I am about 14 months late to the thread. .

No, no, you're right on time!! Welcome!

Having the same issue with alerts.

I wasn't getting any of mine either! I was watching your PTR and had to get caught up on that the other day! I don't know what's going on with them!

I'm glad it wasn't just me! I was so confused, LOL!!

I'm excited to see all the Christmas things in stores too. I want to go to Big Lots and get the Christmas bulb necklaces. I saw a post on fb that Dollar Tree was selling Christmas themed ear headbands and Frozen themed ones. My DT didn't have them but I'm hoping they have them this weekend since Halloween is over.

Not sure why I have multi-quote issues but:

When I seen the Christmas decor out at Walmart and Lowes- This may be the first time I didn't complain it was too early :)

I'm excited to see all the Christmas things in stores too. I want to go to Big Lots and get the Christmas bulb necklaces. I saw a post on fb that Dollar Tree was selling Christmas themed ear headbands and Frozen themed ones. My DT didn't have them but I'm hoping they have them this weekend since Halloween is over.

Ok there we go-

As I sit here in my hotel for the evening (I travel for work) I can't help but being really really excited that my countdown is at 40 days! Really hoping that they fly by... I need this vacation so bad!

We can do it!!!

Not sure why I have multi-quote issues but:

When I seen the Christmas decor out at Walmart and Lowes- This may be the first time I didn't complain it was too early :)

I usually complain when it's this early too.

We are going to put our tree up early since I love having the tree & we'lol be missing a week of it while in Disney.

Good morning everyone!

Did anyone else see the time lapse video of the MK Halloween decorations being taken down and the Holiday decorations going up?! It is super cool and got me really excited!!! :hyper:

Good morning everyone!

Did anyone else see the time lapse video of the MK Halloween decorations being taken down and the Holiday decorations going up?! It is super cool and got me really excited!!! :hyper:

They OWN that process. Great transformation-Love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter