***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by mamaofsix, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Seeing him was a highlight of our trip!

dedesmith32 likes this.
  2. theostwalts

theostwalts DIS Veteran

Following. Also is the package price a set price? Or is there any discount for tables in Wonderland?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. sharonabe

sharonabe DIS Veteran

Package price is a set price, but it's different at each restaurant and breakfast will have a different price from lunch/dinner at the restaurants that offer it.

5. Raven01

Raven01 Mouseketeer

Is this a good use of two TS credits? It seems you can get in standby without a problem.

Would there be a FP for this?

My trip is December 5-10, so In theory less crowded.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  6. kpd6901

kpd6901 Mouseketeer

If you pay oop for the package, instead of using credits, what are the logistics? Is it just like getting a bill at a restaurant or do you prepayment in advance when you book? If you pay at the restaurant, how do the staff know itsi for the package rate as opposed to just eating standard fare? Does that make sense?

7. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

If it works as it has in years past, there is no pre-payment. You pay at the restaurant. They will likely confirm the package when you check in at the podium and your server likely will again. If they don't for some reason, you should mention you're doing the package. After your meal, you will get a badge/sticker to put on your shirt that allows you entrance to the theater. I think all restaurants might handle slightly differently - for example two years ago I got the sticker/ticket right from my server at the end of the meal but last year at Via Napoli they had me visit the podium again with my receipt to get the sticker/ticket.

kpd6901 likes this.
  8. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Use of credits depends on your restaurant, and what meal you chose. It's a toss up IMO.

As to stand by, that also depends on which narrator, what seating, what day, the mood of the crowds, and the sun the moon and the stars. If I want to see the show I book a package. If I am ambivalent I do not. FOr instance, I want to see Trace Atkins. I am booking a package and getting into the line plenty early. If my family wants to dawdle, they can do so, I'll catch them at the end of the show. That line is going to be long, no matter stand by or dinner package.

I will probably stop by one night and just watch from outside, and that night I will not care if I am in a seat because the Lorne was short enough, or if I see the show from teh outside, and just enjoy the music. You need to decide what you really are interested in, and if the narrator that night is popular, then determine the value of a package and your time. The time is key: you make a commitment to dinner, and a line.

9. Zoies Mom

Zoies Mom Earning My Ears

My mom and I will be there from Nov. 23 to Dec. 2 our very first time for Christmas and we are so excited. We are planning on doing Teppan Edo for dinner and hoping to get tickets for CP for the last show of the day.

So Im watching this thread like a hawk lol

mamaofsix likes this.
  10. lambdabeta

lambdabeta DIS Veteran

I'm in. Going Nov 25th to Dec 5th. Not 100% sure what day we will book but looking forward to it.

mamaofsix likes this.
  11. mamaofsix

mamaofsix Mouseketeer

2xcited2sleep likes this.
  12. CynBeth

CynBeth DIS Veteran

I hope packages are released earlier than usual.

TotallyMinnie83 and Nancyg56 like this.
  13. CJN

CJN closet redhead

14. mamaofsix

mamaofsix Mouseketeer

Touring plans has Illuminations listed at 9:30p.m. for Thanksgiving, so I think you might be right...

CJN likes this.
  15. Rickat96

Rickat96 DIS Veteran

nice- following

16. TotallyMinnie83

TotallyMinnie83 Remember Dreams Come True

Me too! Although I would settle for just the schedule of narrators. I can't wait to find out who is there during my trip!

runnermama78 likes this.
  17. dedesmith32

dedesmith32 Mouseketeer

When are the packages usually available?

18. nicynot

nicynot Mouseketeer

That's how I do it!

19. CynBeth

CynBeth DIS Veteran

The end of June or beginning of July.

dedesmith32 likes this.
  20. disnyfan4ever

disnyfan4ever Earning My Ears

Following!! popcorn::

21. jemlover

jemlover Mouseketeer

Planning to go on November 28 and am hoping for a Garden Grill breakfast package. Does anyone know how quick the breakfast packages sell out?