*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

If you really have your heart set on BOG, don't give up. If you keep checking back frequently eventually something may open. I tried that a few years ago and was able to get in after about 3 weeks. Good luck.

Oh, I'm planning on checking back later, just in case. This is just a quickie surprise trip, though, so I'm truly not sweating the small stuff!

A little concerned, just for kicks I was searching for ADRs a week prior to our stay (even the day that would be my 180 mark today) and the times I am getting are scare and not optimal to say the least, or none at all. Could they possibly be all booked, I wouldn't think so? Am I missing something? My 180 is Thursday. Anyone know how early I can log on to make the ressies on 180 day?

If you're staying on site at Disney, you can book all of your dining at 180 days for the length of your stay. Dining opens at 6am online; 7am by telephone.

A little concerned, just for kicks I was searching for ADRs a week prior to our stay (even the day that would be my 180 mark today) and the times I am getting are scare and not optimal to say the least, or none at all. Could they possibly be all booked, I wouldn't think so? Am I missing something? My 180 is Thursday. Anyone know how early I can log on to make the ressies on 180 day?

On Thursday, log on a few minutes early, about 5:45 AM EST. Be sure that you are logged on to your account, have a credit card on file (this will save time later), and go to the page of your most challenging reservation to get. When the clock hits 6AM, refresh your page and the reservations will open to you.

Please add us Aug 13-20 @the Polynesian.
Made all our ADR's including fav Ohana, Be our Guest and trying Kona Cafe for the first time!
Can't decide if we should drop Chef Mickey's this year since we won't have a dining plan... (unless free dining comes out and we switch our reservation... unlikely though)

We're planning a trip Aug 4-11. Haven't booked yet but pretty sure we'll be staying at POR.

Now that we have a pretty good crowd here, and many are getting into their 180 day window, is there any interest in a Photopass Share for this August?
We'll be there Aug. 16th to 26th and would be interested in a share!

Booked a bounceback offer last August and we will be back August 22nd - 28th at Port Orleans Riverside. We have free dining and park hoppers!! Very excited to see the changes at Animal Kingdom with Pandora. NOT looking forward to the humidity of August, but its the only time we can go that isn't attached to a holiday. Last year the weather was HOT, but almost no rain at all. Hoping for the same this year.

Well, our plans for August 2017 have changed. We had booked a bounceback during our trip in September. But it looks like it's not going to work out for us afterall. We're pregnant with Baby #2 and due 4 days after the trip was scheduled for. LOL. Now I'm looking towards summer 2018. :)

I hope everyone enjoys their trips & happy planning!!!! :goodvibes

Well, our plans for August 2017 have changed. We had booked a bounceback during our trip in September. But it looks like it's not going to work out for us afterall. We're pregnant with Baby #2 and due 4 days after the trip was scheduled for. LOL. Now I'm looking towards summer 2018. :)

I hope everyone enjoys their trips & happy planning!!!! :goodvibes
Congratulations on the baby! Same thing happened to me with baby#2-we had planned on taking oldest to Disney for her 5th birthday-she got a baby sister instead LOL! Trip got pushed back by year and half.

We'll be there Aug. 16th to 26th and would be interested in a share!
Duly noted. That is 2 families, plus mine. 2 to 3 more will be perfect. At this point, I think it is a pretty good probability that I will get enough to put together a share.

Now that we have a pretty good crowd here, and many are getting into their 180 day window, is there any interest in a Photopass Share for this August?
What is the difference between photopass and memory maker? I've never used either. This will be just my son and I on this trip, so I am interested in sharing so we can have pictures with the two of us in them. We will be at Disney Aug 22nd - 28th. How does sharing work?

Last edited:
Oh, I'm planning on checking back later, just in case. This is just a quickie surprise trip, though, so I'm truly not sweating the small stuff!

Just thought I'd mention that I had a great experience with the touring plans reservation finder tool. It scored me both BOG and CRT ressie's for our trip this past November. You have to be a member but it was worth the $10.45 just for that. You plug in your date, time, and restaurant and it emails and texts you when there's an open reservation.

What is the difference between photopass and memory maker? I've never used either. This will be just my son and I on this trip, so I am interested in sharing so we can have pictures with the two of us in them. We will be at Disney Aug 22nd - 28th. How does sharing work?

Photopass is simply the name of the service, so it covers the photographers taking your picture, you getting a Photopass card (or it being linked to your Magic Band) and the photos being available to view online. All of that is free, and is part of the Photopass system.

There used to be a product for sale called Photopass+, which was a set of CD's with all of the images that had been taken by Photopass Photographers. That product is no longer available, and has been replaced by Memory Maker. Memory Maker allows you to download the high resolution version of all of the images taken by the Photopass photographers, as well as pictures, and videos from rides, and character meals / meets.

The way the sharing works is everyone pays a portion of the total cost of the Memory Maker. They each send their payment via PayPal to the person organizing the share. That person purchases Memory Maker, and links all of the shared families to his / her account in My Disney Experience. Everyone takes their trip, and gets their photos taken. Once the last member of the share has finished their trip, all members are able to edit their photos, and then download. When you download, you end up with every picture in the share, so you will have to delete those from other families once downloaded. Memory Maker is typically a $150 purchase if bought in advance. By sharing, the typical price per family is around $25 to $30.

Got all our ADR's booked this morning! Got all but three for the for the exact times we wanted and the three we didn't are within 10 minutes so no complaints there!
Rose and Crown
Via Napoli
'Ohana
Tonys
Sci-Fi
San Angel
Skipper Canteen
Whispering Canyon
50's Prime Time
Be Our Guest Lunch
Be our Guest Dinner

SSR came through-will be there 8/9-8/14 with all of us (DH and oldest DD will be there starting the 6th-but I am booking him an offsite hotel til rest of us get there LOL).

I'm excited I got all the ADR's we wanted including CRT and BoG! I haven't been since '98 and my best friend's never been, we're keeping our fingers crossed that MNSSHP starts while we're there it looks like a lot of fun.

Anyone heard anything about ROL dining packages for August yet? That's the only thing I'm really looking to switch - my TH breakfast to TH breakfast ROL pkg. Still haven't seen Cape May online, but after getting strawberry soup at Palo on DCL this past week, I'm perfectly content with 1900 Park Fare :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter