Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

The AP rate is not always available.
Only a select number of rooms and types qualify for the ap discount booking rate.

Room needs to be booked in advance

You do not need an AP to book AP rates. You need your AP to show the front desk before you checkout. You need to call to have the AP rate applied to your ressie,if it is available. Universal is easy to call. There are not endless questions before you get connected. A real person answers almost immediately. Only 1 person in the room needs an AP.

True you can book an ap rate room at UO but you need to have the active ap In order to keep the ap booking rate before you check out of the hotel.

AP rate for February President's week was previously sold out, but I checked today and it was available for all the nights I needed! Ended up saving $120 on my PBH nights. Not too shabby! I had a good discount but the AP discount was better :-)

Just FYI, all the Express Pass hotels were showing as available from Feb 13-17 so if anyone has been not able to make a reservation (like I was earlier), looks like you can now!

True you can book an ap rate room at UO but you need to have the active ap In order to keep the ap booking rate before you check out of the hotel.

This is something I've been trying to figure out. We have tickets from a secondary sellers that I would upgrade while there. Problem is, our arrival night is late and ticket windows will be closed. So, if I book an AP rate, I can still check in under the AP rate as long as I upgrade before we check out? Is that how this works?

Barb969 beat me to it!
Lol

it’s exactly like she posted

you will be fine as long as you show the ap before you check out of the hotel

Your booked rate will be valid.
No worries!

Barb969 beat me to it!
Lol

it’s exactly like she posted

you will be fine as long as you show the ap before you check out of the hotel

Your booked rate will be valid.
No worries!

Thanks - this is exactly what I needed to know. Now all I need to do is watch the site and see if they ever actually offer any. Given that we are travelling on Spring Break, I'm not entirely optimistic.

How far in advance are APH rates released? Seems like last year when I booked it was about 2 months in advance but I can't remember. I'm looking for rates for late May. Thanks!

How far in advance are APH rates released? Seems like last year when I booked it was about 2 months in advance but I can't remember. I'm looking for rates for late May. Thanks!
Late May, including Memorial Day may not be a big discount, especially on the weekend. Haven’t monitored it for some time. In the past noticed rates & crowds over that holiday period weren’t as high as other major holiday periods.

in the past it would vary somewhat but you could see patterns fo rm on release dates, etc. if you studied the annual rate threads. Often APH rates were released in groups, earlier than two months.

you never know, things may morph back to those patterns, or not.

might want to look at 2019 & 2020 sticky for your dates & see rates others found & keep checking

I have been considering taking a brief trip either at the end of September or beginning of October. I have never considered APs until someone mentioned it on another thread. It looks like the cost of a seasonal pass would be about the name as a 2 day, 2 park ticket.
I have skimmed this thread. Please tell me if I understand this correctly.
1. The AP goes into effect the day you first use it, not the day you purchase it. So, if I were to purchase it soon, but not actually use it until October 1, it would be good until September 30 of next year?
2. I can use it as often as I want as long as it isn’t on the blackout dates.
3. I can book a hotel AP rate before I actually purchase the AP, just need proof of AP purchase before I check out.
4. Hotel AP rates can change, so I should keep checking even after I book the room.

Is there anything I am missing?

2 other thing:

Everyone in the room does not need an AP.

You can buy discounted tickets from vendors like Undercover Tourist. Then convert to an AP and receive credit for the amount you would have paid buying from UO.

I am booked for the end of March 24-27th. I see passholders rates drop it quite a bit but they only show up for the night of the 24th and 25th. I can't find any passholder rates beyond the 25th so I believe they aren't posted yet. Do I wait or do I book 2 reservations? The passholder drops it by quite a bit for the first 2 nights. Seems like we are getting kind of close.

Do I wait or do I book 2 reservations? The passholder drops it by quite a bit for the first 2 nights. Seems like we are getting kind of close.
I would book 2 reservations now. They are refundable. If AP rates come out for the whole week, you can always book one single reservation then and drop the others.

I have been considering taking a brief trip either at the end of September or beginning of October. I have never considered APs until someone mentioned it on another thread. It looks like the cost of a seasonal pass would be about the name as a 2 day, 2 park ticket.

Just a quick side note - that time of year is our FAVORITE time to visit. Yes, it is hot, but the crowds are usually low. The only thing you have to be aware of is Halloween Horror Nights, which may make the parks busier/hotel rates higher on the weekends. And the Studios side closes early (5 p.m.) on HHN nights. If you don't want to do HHN and come during the week (we usually do Sunday thru Wednesday), you are golden.

Also, consider joining the UO passholder Facebook page to find out more about passholder special perks. Warning: it can be a bit snarky at times, but most of the people mean well.

IOA park does not participate with hhn, so many move over to that park when the Studios closes at 5 to the public.

The ap will allow you to park hop.
Switch parks when the Studio closes on hh nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter