Official AK Moonlight Magic Discussion

Got my email, also! (RCI inbound exchange ... staying at SSR but not using my points nor booked through DVC.) YEAH!!!

Just got the email with link to try tomorrow. Hope it works and we’re able to go on 8/22! Good luck to everyone trying tomorrow!

Uhhh I have to work tomorrow and am in a meeting at 9:00. DH is not computer literate at ALL. I am leaving our fate in the hands of my autistic teen. Any idea how complex the new booking system is? We did one last year, but it was before they improved it. I had to sit and refresh 1000 times last time. I’m leaving him my laptop that’s already got my password stored. Plus the link in the email they just sent.

Did every member get the email that just went out about the event? Or I am to assume they know we have a cash reservation? We got the email. We are booked at AKL on a passholder discount not on DVC points.

Uhhh I have to work tomorrow and am in a meeting at 9:00. DH is not computer literate at ALL. I am leaving our fate in the hands of my autistic teen. Any idea how complex the new booking system is? We did one last year, but it was before they improved it. I had to sit and refresh 1000 times last time. I’m leaving him my laptop that’s already got my password stored. Plus the link in the email they just sent.
Make sure he has your member id number. This new system you don’t refresh the page. It puts you in a queue and when it’s your turn it take you to the page. Your spot in line countdowns every 20 seconds or so.

No email for me either...we are staying at SSR on points. Is there a disadvantage to not receiving the email?

The two earlier events, 7/18 and 8/8 are both from 9:30PM to midnight, the one on 8/22 is from 9 to midnight. I always thought the events were three hours, just wondering if the AK ones before were 2.5 hours? Not a big deal, but just curious.

The two earlier events, 7/18 and 8/8 are both from 9:30PM to midnight, the one on 8/22 is from 9 to midnight. I always thought the events were three hours, just wondering if the AK ones before were 2.5 hours? Not a big deal, but just curious.

I noticed that too, they have all been 3 hours, so I am not sure what is up with that, kinda frustrating. I just looked and on the 8th AK closes at 9 but on the 22nd it closes at 8:30....so hopefully hours will change

I did get the email, but it went to my husband. Soo funny because I was sitting at my laptop gripping about not getting the email and he was like "oh I got that - I assumed you did too"....Ummmm no! So annoying! I am the one that does all the planning and booking of all things Disney. I wonder if I can call and get my emial switched to the primary contact. Anyway, I know it doesn't matter if I got the email or not but I wanted it since its my first trip home and as silly as it is, I wanted to feel ligit. Disney has us all hooked :laughing:

I did get the email, but it went to my husband. Soo funny because I was sitting at my laptop gripping about not getting the email and he was like "oh I got that - I assumed you did too"....Ummmm no! So annoying! I am the one that does all the planning and booking of all things Disney. I wonder if I can call and get my emial switched to the primary contact. Anyway, I know it doesn't matter if I got the email or not but I wanted it since its my first trip home and as silly as it is, I wanted to feel ligit. Disney has us all hooked :laughing:
I completely understand ... I'm often in the same boat. Every reservation is under his name while I'm the only one who does the planning. At least we know where to go looking for the email messages, right? My husband is well trained to forward anything of interest "just in case." :)

I completely understand ... I'm often in the same boat. Every reservation is under his name while I'm the only one who does the planning. At least we know where to go looking for the email messages, right? My husband is well trained to forward anything of interest "just in case." :)

Don't worry, we had a chat about how and DVC emails are VIP and should be treated as such. Hopefully, he can also be trained .:)

We are staying at AKL on points, did not get the email. Hoping to get into the August 22nd one, first time ever!

New DVC members here, staying at PO-FQ (cash, obvs) the week of the 8/8 event. I'm in the virtual queue now and will check in the morning, but I'm kinda worried since I didn't get the email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter