"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from our MVMCP on 11/27. Had a great time. Myself, teen daughter, CM daughter and her CM bf. We wandered in at about 6, did not have a huge agenda. Here are some of the things we did:
- Rode Small World (we sometimes do this to kill time during the transition from day guests to party)
- Rode HM
- Columbia Harbor House (frosted gingerbread cookie/hot cocoa)
- Pinocchio Village Haus (choc chip cookie / cocoa)
- Checked out 7DMT but line was too long, so we passed on that.
- DD and I went to do the photo with Goofy dressed as Santa (by Barnstormer). Wait was not bad, but later in the evening the wait was only 5-10 min. DD2 and bf rode Space Mtn.
- Watched stage show at the castle
- While waiting for DD2 to get off Space Mtn, we watched the singers who were performing at the stage in Tomorrowland. They were really good.
- At 8:25 we checked in for the Plaza Garden Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace. Alcohol was served as usual and treats were Holiday themed. Got a table and had about 10-15 min before we saw the parade entering the hub. Kids ran down to Main Street to watch the first parade. I stayed at the table. They rejoined me after parade. I did not time it, but I felt like the parade was about 15 min long.
- Watched fireworks from the Plaza Garden Dessert Party area. Great view. The Christmas fireworks show is excellent. As someone already mentioned, the sky was heavily overcast on 11/27. High pyro was not visible, but instead, illuminated the cloudy sky with color. I have never seen that level of overcast before. The show has plenty of lower fireworks, bursts, lasers, projections and a great soundtrack, so it wasn't a total loss, just different.
- After the fireworks, my CM DD and her bf called it a night. My DD2 and I spent the rest of the night riding rides (almost all of which were walk on or nearly walk on). We watched the 2nd parade, and she gathered cookies to bring back to the resort. Cookies are individually wrapped. Toward the end of the night they were handing out multiple cookies at each stop.
- Rode 7DMT as a walk on at about 11:20 or 11:30. It was posted as 15 min, but it was a walk on. After that, my daughter rode Space Mtn again as a walk on, and that was the end of the night.

I will say this - we were at a MNSSHP a couple of months ago. At the MVMCP on 11/27, I kept saying "this party seems way more crowded than our MNSSHP party". My daughters agreed. I have no proof and can't point to anything specific. When I think about, the rides, treats, parade crowds didn't seem that different. And yet... I felt like this Christmas party was more crowded. Of course, this was Thanksgiving weekend, a very busy time. All in all, we had a great time.

I am curious how to catch 1st parade with dessert party check in at 8:30 as well as parade. Do we watch parade and then check in, or check in and hope we get to Main Street for parade.
Or are we better off just catching 2nd parade. Decisions decisions

If anyone attempts both dessert party and 1st parade, please post your experience. :) TIA
We did this on 11/27. Checked in to Dessert Party at 8:25. There was no line/no wait. Got our wristbands and table. Got some drinks/treats. About 15 min later we saw the parade enter the hub. Kids ran down to Main Street (by the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor) and watched the parade. They said they got seats on the curb. I stayed at the dessert party and could see the floats at a distance. After the parade (about 15 min long, estimating), kids rejoined me at the dessert party.

We had more than enough time to sit at the dessert party before fireworks. At one point the kids went off to do a couple of photopass photos that are close by (one really nice castle view spot just past the purple wall and one "Merry Stitchmas" frame over by the old Stitch ride). They thought about doing Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - they definitely would've had enough time to do that, but they opted not to.

I watched the later parade - walked up and got front row on the rope in Frontierland about 5 min before the start of the parade.

We did this on 11/27. Checked in to Dessert Party at 8:25. There was no line/no wait. Got our wristbands and table. Got some drinks/treats. About 15 min later we saw the parade enter the hub. Kids ran down to Main Street (by the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor) and watched the parade. They said they got seats on the curb. I stayed at the dessert party and could see the floats at a distance. After the parade (about 15 min long, estimating), kids rejoined me at the dessert party.

We had more than enough time to sit at the dessert party before fireworks. At one point the kids went off to do a couple of photopass photos that are close by (one really nice castle view spot just past the purple wall and one "Merry Stitchmas" frame over by the old Stitch ride). They thought about doing Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - they definitely would've had enough time to do that, but they opted not to.

I watched the later parade - walked up and got front row on the rope in Frontierland about 5 min before the start of the parade.
Thanks so much for your follow up report! You covered both my possible plans. Where about in Frontierland did you find your spot? I am hoping for 1st parade but Frontierland for 2nd was my back up. Did you do anything in between fireworks to parade spot? Just trying to get an idea of our timing. :)
Thanks again!

Thanks so much for your follow up report! You covered both my possible plans. Where about in Frontierland did you find your spot? I am hoping for 1st parade but Frontierland for 2nd was my back up. Did you do anything in between fireworks to parade spot? Just trying to get an idea of our timing. :)
Thanks again!
Sure thing - here's what we did: After fireworks, we hung out in the Plaza Garden area for awhile waiting for crowds to clear out. Took a bunch of really great castle photos. Tip: Listen for the "jingle jingle jingle" that sounds like reindeer bells. As soon as you hear that, look at the castle to see it magically transform to a Christmas castle. It looks great in photos. After crowds disbursed, we headed to Liberty Square. Got some hot cocoa at Columbia Harbor House then strolled down for some photos of the Country Bears and Chip & Dale in their festive scarves/hats. They're wandering around in front of Country Bear Jamboree area. My daughter rode Splash and BTMRR (both were walk on). I got some popcorn (parade tradition) from the popcorn cart by the Splash Mtn bridge/overlook, across from the Town Hall building. There was no wait whatsoever. The popcorn cart by Splash itself had a small line. I stood on the parade rope at the end of the Splash Mtn bridge/overlook, looking directly across the street at Town Hall. My daughter finished Splash and BTMRR and walked up to join me. She missed out on the first float, but she didn't mind, as she'd already seen the earlier parade. After the parade passed us, we followed it up through Liberty Square and into Fantasyland, which was pretty empty. Rode Peter Pan, got cookies and hot cocoa at Pinocchio Village Haus (they handed us 4 each). Walked on 7DMT. Could've walked on Pooh, but my daughter wanted to run for one last ride on Space Mtn. She went at a brisk jog and made it on at 11:55pm. Got more cookies at Astro Orbiter (they had cider and not cocoa there), then wandered on out of the park. So: Dessert party, parade, fireworks, Splash, BTMRR, parade, cookie stop, PP, cookie stop, 7DMT, Space Mtn, cookie stop.

Sure thing - here's what we did: After fireworks, we hung out in the Plaza Garden area for awhile waiting for crowds to clear out. Took a bunch of really great castle photos. Tip: Listen for the "jingle jingle jingle" that sounds like reindeer bells. As soon as you hear that, look at the castle to see it magically transform to a Christmas castle. It looks great in photos. After crowds disbursed, we headed to Liberty Square. Got some hot cocoa at Columbia Harbor House then strolled down for some photos of the Country Bears and Chip & Dale in their festive scarves/hats. They're wandering around in front of Country Bear Jamboree area. My daughter rode Splash and BTMRR (both were walk on). I got some popcorn (parade tradition) from the popcorn cart by the Splash Mtn bridge/overlook, across from the Town Hall building. There was no wait whatsoever. The popcorn cart by Splash itself had a small line. I stood on the parade rope at the end of the Splash Mtn bridge/overlook, looking directly across the street at Town Hall. My daughter finished Splash and BTMRR and walked up to join me. She missed out on the first float, but she didn't mind, as she'd already seen the earlier parade. After the parade passed us, we followed it up through Liberty Square and into Fantasyland, which was pretty empty. Rode Peter Pan, got cookies and hot cocoa at Pinocchio Village Haus (they handed us 4 each). Walked on 7DMT. Could've walked on Pooh, but my daughter wanted to run for one last ride on Space Mtn. She went at a brisk jog and made it on at 11:55pm. Got more cookies at Astro Orbiter (they had cider and not cocoa there), then wandered on out of the park. So: Dessert party, parade, fireworks, Splash, BTMRR, parade, cookie stop, PP, cookie stop, 7DMT, Space Mtn, cookie stop.
Wow, such good info! Thank you so much!
Did you watch the stage show? We saw it last year at the AH event, but may try to see again. Curious which show fits in with dessert party.
Thank you, you seem to always have such helpful posts for everyone. :)

Wow, such good info! Thank you so much!
Did you watch the stage show? We saw it last year at the AH event, but may try to see again. Curious which show fits in with dessert party.
Thank you, you seem to always have such helpful posts for everyone. :)
Glad to help! Yes, we caught the 7:40 stage shows. It was completely by accident. We had not planned to see it. What happened was we got cookies/cocoa at Pinocchio and were heading out of the Fantasyland area. One DD and CM bf insisted on riding Space, even though the wait was 20 min. My other DD and I did not want to ride, so they ran off to Space and we wandered around and happened upon the 7:40 stage show. We watched that, then went to see Santa Goofy by Barnstormer. We then went to meet our riders at Space, where we lucked into the singers at the Tomorrowland stage. I didn't even know about them. Not saying I'd go out of my way for them, but they were good. They were not the Dapper Dans. They were some other more "hip" a capella group. I'm not sure exactly what time that was. Right after those singers were done with their 10-15 min long set, the riders got off Space, and we walked over and checked in at the dessert party. I am not sure of the other stage show times, but I'll say this - after the fireworks, ride, photo, and cookie wait times drop to nothing. So, if you want to catch the stage show, maybe try to do it earlier, when wait times for rides and everything else are higher.

Does anyone know if you can leave the park once you are inside for the party? We have tickets for 12/13...some friends of ours who we haven't seen forever want us to go to dinner with them at Kona Cafe in Polynesian at 6:15...are we able to go to the party at 4, leave for dinner at Polynesian and then come back after dinner? Just wasn't sure if re-entry was allowed? Thank you.

Does anyone know if you can leave the park once you are inside for the party? We have tickets for 12/13...some friends of ours who we haven't seen forever want us to go to dinner with them at Kona Cafe in Polynesian at 6:15...are we able to go to the party at 4, leave for dinner at Polynesian and then come back after dinner? Just wasn't sure if re-entry was allowed? Thank you.

Not sure of this answer but I do see there is a party of 4 available at Kona at 5:05pm if they want to change it to give you more time at the party later in the day lol

For clarification, did you add one person to your existing party group or, did you purchase tickets for your entire party that day?

Dec 23rd is not a party day. After the final party, the parade and fireworks in the MK change to the ones shown at the party for a few days but that is all. There are no cookies or hot chocolate or other party offerings, just the parade and fireworks. Disney has done this for many years.
My family had tickets and a local friend purchased a ticket for her son so that he could go with us.

Anyone have any good parade/fireworks viewing spots they are willing to share from the beginning of the parade/back of the castle area? Last time we were on Main Street and we might try a different way to party this year and looking for suggestions on how to still catch some of it, but with a little less priority! TIA.

Also for DAS, last we went during a party, we went to the CM at the ride and they usually routed us to the exit lane. Can anyone share their MVMCP DAS experience post system changes? Thanks!

Last edited:
Is sleepy hollow ONLY serving Santa Mickey Waffle Sundae (Red velvet Belgium Mickey Santa waffle served with mint chocolate chip ice cream drizzled with caramel, candied pecans and powdered sugar) or are they also serving their normal fair during the Christmas party? I'm trying to figure out where I should be planning to eat dinner. I know Casey's serves their normal food so trying to decide between there and the sweet/spicy chicken waffle :cutie:

Thanks for all your tips! We attended last night for the first time and had a great time!

We had our young 3 year old with us and didn't know how he would do, though he did late nights on the Disney cruise without issue (and he is a night owl like his mama!). At 11:50 he was dancing in the snow on Main St :confused3

Since we're frequent AP visitors, I'm not sure we'll fork out the $$ again soon but maybe.

Loved the overlays, fireworks, short lines, and cookies. Didn't love how crowded the parade was, but it was okay. Interestingly, I snagged a perfect spot for fireworks 10 minutes prior and had plenty of space to move around. How refreshing!

Dec 1st Party - blessed with amazing weather; had a perfect night for us. My back was bothering me a bit, so we opted out of the big rides... really there to celebrate my dad (he passed away last year, his birthday is Dec. 1 - he loved Disney, Dopey, Kermit, Ariel and carved carousel horses)... the evening went a little like:

3:55 p.m. Boat from Wilderness Lodge
4:10 p.m. - No Wait at Gate, Into Park
Picked up free ornaments (road behind Main Street)
1 - Tiki Picture Frame Picture - No Wait
2 - Pirates - No Wait
3 - Haunted Mansion - 15 Min Wait (posted 20)
Liberty Tree Tavern - food excellent, a little disappointed no Christmas trees or lights (wish we had booked Diamond Horseshoe - same food and it has many pretty lights up)
Shopping on Main Street
4 - Stitch Picture Frame Picture
5 & 6 - Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (twice, we like to compete!) - No wait
Iced Sugar Cookies - Lunching Pad (we asked for several cookies, they were happy to)
Snickerdoodle Cookies & Cocoa - Cosmic Rays (we asked for several cookies, they were happy to)
Saw Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum (didn't wait to meet, just saw)
Saw Santa Goofy (didn't wait to meet, just saw)
7 - Under the Sea - No Wait
Saw Belle in Christmas Dress, Snow White & Prince, Aurora & Prince (didn't wait to meet, just saw)
Chocolate Chip Cookies - Pinnochio Haus (we asked for several cookies, they were happy to)
8 - Carousel - No Wait
Saw Eeyore / Pooh / Tigger / Piglet (didn't wait to meet, just saw)
9 & 10 - People Mover (twice, just stayed on for the second ride) - No Wait, fun to see the inside of Space Mountain with the lights
11 - The Edge Effect Show at Tomorrowland Terrace
Iced Gingerbread Cookies - Columbia Harbour House (we asked for several cookies, they were happy to)
12 - Photopass with Christmas Muppets (Outside Hall of Presidents) - No wait (one couple in front of us)
13 - 9:45 p.m. Main Street for 10 p.m. Fireworks - Great spot near hub (front right)
14 - 10:35 p.m. Stage Show After Fireworks - Leaned against a hub fence (plenty of room / space)
Immediately after Fireworks headed down Main Street (for parade spot in snow) - About halfway down (perfect... performer interaction - we were standing first row behind people seated)
15 - 11 p.m. Parade
More Iced Gingerbread Cookies - Columbia Harbour House (we asked for several cookies, and they gave us SOOOOOOOO many... that end-of-night thing)
Bonus Snow on Main Street on our Way Out
Picked up free pictures in front of exit
Boat to Wilderness Lodge (no wait)

We went through the hub during the earlier stage show and around the early parade time - they looked a lot more crowded than what we had at the 10:35/11 show/parade. The later evening felt a lot less crowded than MNSSHP that we went to in September.

Fireworks, parade and snow were amazing. 15 attractions, plus tons of cookies and hot chocolate, shopping, character sightings, Christmas dinner, an awesome 2022 Party ornament... all while celebrating and remembering my dad... couldn't have been better.

Is there a waitlist for sold out parties? Has anyone ever gotten into one last minute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter