"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can purchase Genie+ with just a party ticket? I had read elsewhere that you couldn't.
I've read conflicting reports also. I wish I had tried on my Halloween party day, the option was there to purchase but I didn't follow through to the last page. I will give it a try for my Dec 11 party. The only other ticket I have is a Dec 12 one day ticket.

I've read conflicting reports also. I wish I had tried on my Halloween party day, the option was there to purchase but I didn't follow through to the last page. I will give it a try for my Dec 11 party. The only other ticket I have is a Dec 12 one day ticket.
Plan Disney Answer refers to MNSSHP, but it states it is not available for parties, so I would not plan on it.

Plan Disney Answer refers to MNSSHP, but it states it is not available for parties, so I would not plan on it.
Yes, and post #999 of this thread contradicts that. Not sure if there is a glitch or other condition that allows it sometime.

There was a report on the MNSSHP thread of someone who did not have an MK park reservation or park hopper ticket and was able to use G+ on a party ticket.

Last edited:

Yes, and post #999 of this thread contradicts that. Not sure if there is a glitch or other condition that allows it sometime.

There was a report on the MNSSHP thread of someone who did not have an MK park reservation or park hopper ticket and was able to use G+ on a party ticket.
Got it! I thought they were asking if they could use buy and use Genie + for the party and my understanding was that it was not possible to use G+ at the party. Looks like it worked out for that family to get in a few rides from 4-6.

We went to the Tuesday 11/22 party.
Purchased Genie+ with just a party ticket. Stacked Jingle Cruise, Peter Pan, BTMRR, Pirates between 4-5:30.
Arrived via WL boat in front of Magic Kingdom at 3:30. Had wrist bands given out in line and then were able to walk through the taps at 3:45, held under the train station until 3:55 and then the crowded march began. We got our maps and ornaments in the main street bypass and then turned left to Adventure land.

We did Pirates 4:10-4:20
Jingle Cruise took awhile, 4:25-4:50
BTMRR at 5:00
Peter Pan 5:15-5:25
Small World at 5:30
Grabbed the last mobile order of the night from Friar’s Nook at 6:00, hit prepare now at 5:59 as I walked over from Small World
Sat and ate while they were sweeping the park
Carousel 6:30
Split group Dumbo and Little Mermaid, both walk on, Dumbo was offering to stay on and ride again
7:05 Cookies and hot chocolate at Cosmic rays,
Ate in line for Speedway 10/15 minute wait- so fun with the Christmas decorations and they were testing Tron, the ride vehicles look so cool lit up
7:30 Buzz lightyear walk on
7:45 People mover walk on
8:00 had done all the rides the kids wanted to do, we stopped for cookies at Lunching pad, I’ve seen some say the cider is apple juice but I definitely got cider. I think maybe because there’s hot chocolate people assume it’ll be hot cider? But it’s cold cider.
Headed down to Main St and got a parade spot about 8:20. Normally wouldn’t wait long for a parade spot but we got second row behind people sitting on the curb and we were ready to take a break anyway. Took turns going into stores and around 8:35/40 the Kringle Krew (Crew?) Came through to warm up the crowd. I feel like this was the perfect balance of wait time vs good spot without waiting too long, parade was to us about 8:45/8:50 and it was snowing and generally a nice atmosphere to hang out in.
We walked up to Pinocchio’s for a cookie after the parade, did Speedway a second time and then headed back for fireworks.
We walked quickly over to Space after fireworks, said 10 minute wait but I don’t think they updated it quickly enough for the influx of people, more like 20-25.

We made our way out about 11:15, before the second parade made it to Main St.

We had a great night!
So glad you were able to purchase Genie+!

There is conflicting information as to whether party guests can purchase it so going to ask a couple of questions if you don't mind answering.

1. Did you go to any other park that day?
2. If not, did you have any other tickets on your MDE account, for a future date?
3. If not either of the above, was the only ticket on your MDE account your MVMCP ticket?

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the very detailed report! Good to see you had success stacking G+, I was not thinking of buying it but now I am (party is my only MK day). Would love a few more details on how you set it up so neatly to fit in those times, did you book jingle cruise first, etc.
Keep in mind it was on Thanksgiving week so times advanced a little faster. Jingle cruise was first I booked it around 9 once it reached a 3:30-4:30 window, then Peter Pan at 11 for 4:30-5:30, Big Thunder at 1 for 3:50-4:50 and Pirates at 3 for 4:00-5:00. Once we used Pirates I booked Small World just because of it's proximity to where we'd be just before 6 but we didn't need it, it was showing 25 minute wait but was more like 3-5 minute
You can purchase Genie+ with just a party ticket? I had read elsewhere that you couldn't.
Yes, you definitely can. I've seen other reports of it as well.
Plan Disney is a group of very knowledge people but they don't have direct insider knowledge and are not Disney Employees. That answer was her best guess based on the info available and everyone took it as fact and passed it along. I think all the info it there that it wasn't possible was based on that one plan Disney answer.
So glad you were able to purchase Genie+!

There is conflicting information as to whether party guests can purchase it so going to ask a couple of questions if you don't mind answering.

1. Did you go to any other park that day?
2. If not, did you have any other tickets on your MDE account, for a future date?
3. If not either of the above, was the only ticket on your MDE account your MVMCP ticket?

Thanks for sharing!
We did a short trip. Hollywood Studios the day before and then the Party was our only park that day. No tickets for future days on our account.

Very interesting about being able to purchase genie+! If you can do that I assume you can buy 7DMT as well. I’d love to be able to do that on my party day because on my other days ILL goes to the other ILL rides which are much better lol (I’m doing 6 full days at Disney, 2 at Universal, and 1 sleep in/party day). I’m going on 12/11 and will try to remember to report. If possible I’ll buy both 7DMT and genie+ (depending on the price of genie+ that day). It would be nice to get Jingle Cruise in that day so I don’t have to worry about it the other days when I have multiple parks to worry about with rides I would like to repeat

Option showed up on my Halloween Party day, but when I clicked it, it said it wasn't available (can't remember the technical language) - all the people including me who had Party only tickets were greyed out. Glad to see someone took advantage of it for MVMCP.

So staying off site and going to the party in a few weeks

I wanna do Disney springs before hand. I assume I can’t stay parked there till after he party so is it best to park at MK after or do they allow you to park at a hotel if not a guest for a fee

Example being contemparary

Thanks

We're no longer going to be able to go to tomorrow night's party.

We're on Wonder of the Seas right now and we had to do a med evac in San Juan yesterday that put us behind a day so we're not getting into port until Monday morning.

Anyone know if the tickets will just become credits if unused?

I wanna do Disney springs before hand. I assume I can’t stay parked there till after he party so is it best to park at MK after or do they allow you to park at a hotel if not a guest for a fee

Thanks
I don’t think they would let you park at the contemporary. I would just park at the main MK parking lot

Thanks
You will want to move your car to the Ticket and Transportation Center.

We're on Wonder of the Seas right now and we had to do a med evac in San Juan yesterday that put us behind a day so we're not getting into port until Monday morning.

I think you'll need to call. they wont transfer automatically. I'm sorry your plans got messed up.

Can anyone tell me where the chocolate chip cookies are passed out at the party? They are my absolute favorite !

Someone posted this information after one of the first parties.

Thought I’d make a little treat “cheat sheet” for anyone who was looking for specific ones:

Snickerdoodle Cookie & Hot Cocoa - Cosmic Ray’s

Buttercream Frosted Red Sprinkle Cut-Out Cookie & Apple Cider - The Lunching Pad

Buttercream Frosted Green Sprinkle Cut-Out Cookie & Eggnog - Tortuga Tavern

Chocolate Chip Cookie & Hot Cocoa - Columbia Harbour House

Buttercream Frosted Gingerbread Cookie & Hot Cocoa - Pinocchio Village Haus

We got our first treats for the night at Cosmic Ray’s and they didn’t start handing them out until around 6:50pm so there wasn’t any wait there and then after that we headed to The Lunching Pad to get the ones from there and waited around a minute, if that, in line as it was moving fast with 6 windows open serving. The rest of our treats we got after 11:00pm so the lines were none existent at that point (just one or two parties in front of us) so I’d recommend doing other party stuff first and going later at night if you don’t want to hang around waiting in treat lines.

Are the cookies packaged? Rather than wasting party time eating the cookies I’m planning on bringing a bag to stock up on cookies with and eat them later. Also any advice on how to best stock up on cookies? 🤣

FWIW, I was able to use the chat this morning and this is what the CM said (I took screen shots just in case):

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221127-131347_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221127-131347_Gallery.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter