Official 2021 "Disney After Hours Boo Bash" Thread

is october 24 a good date to go? i just impulsively went online and bought two tickets yesterday for that date and it was available.

is october 24 a good date to go? i just impulsively went online and bought two tickets yesterday for that date and it was available.

Sure. Why not?

It seems a great time since it'll be late October and everyone will be in a very Halloweenie frame of mind inside and outside the parks. Seems like it would be better than my family trick or treating on Aug. 17 (so much melted chocolate).

We're locked in for opening night. Curious to see how it compares to Villains After Hours, which is sort of what it sounds like (moreso than MNSSHP). We found the original VAH to be so-so (definitely the worst ticketed event we've ever encountered at WDW). So we'll see how this one stacks up.

Bought 2 tickets for my oldest (13) daughter and myself during our trip in September. She mentioned on a walk recently that she wanted to recreate the midnight picture in front of the Castle that we took of her back in 2015 when she was 7. Since we're going in an off-peak time where the park closes at 9pm, this was the easiest way to do that. Plus, we wanted to do some night time riding of our favorites like Haunted Mansion (me) and Space Mountain (her). I may annoy her with making her watch the Cadaver Dans.

I saw on someone’s post that it was possible to cancel a Boo Bash ticket and get credit toward another stay....has anyone been able to do that? I know you are able to change party dates but have never heard of a credit to a resort stay.

I know this will be speculation since Boo Bash is new, but I have a question. We are three adults going September 5-8. We plan to head to MK on the 5th and then again on the 8th before catching our flight home that evening. We’re now debating doing Boo Bash, but not sure if we are better off doing it on Tuesday than on the Sunday. Any thoughts? Currently leaning towards the Tuesday. We currently have a park reservation for HS that day and had planned to go to Epcot in the afternoon/evening.

Bought 2 tickets for my oldest (13) daughter and myself during our trip in September. She mentioned on a walk recently that she wanted to recreate the midnight picture in front of the Castle that we took of her back in 2015 when she was 7. Since we're going in an off-peak time where the park closes at 9pm, this was the easiest way to do that. Plus, we wanted to do some night time riding of our favorites like Haunted Mansion (me) and Space Mountain (her). I may annoy her with making her watch the Cadaver Dans.

I have a pic of my then age 4yo holding up a watch showing 2am in the MK. I wonder if we'll ever see those kind of hours again.

Last edited:
I know this will be speculation since Boo Bash is new, but I have a question. We are three adults going September 5-8. We plan to head to MK on the 5th and then again on the 8th before catching our flight home that evening. We’re now debating doing Boo Bash, but not sure if we are better off doing it on Tuesday than on the Sunday. Any thoughts? Currently leaning towards the Tuesday. We currently have a park reservation for HS that day and had planned to go to Epcot in the afternoon/evening.
At this point it's anyones guess since it hasn't started yet, and no one can predict how different crowds will be on different nights. I say do whatever works best for your current plans. I personally chose to go on the Tuesday during my trip rather than the Friday of my trip because I know more locals will be there so probably higher chance of more crowds, nothing against locals, just Friday events tend to have higher crowds. Sundays are always a toss up for me in the past, sometimes they're super busy and sometimes they're not, so at this point I really do honestly feel you just do what works best for your trip.

We could've done Friday (the 3rd) or Sunday (the 5th). We chose Sunday since that's the last night before we return home. I think Tuesday might be a better day but from the look of things, either day is pretty open. I wonder if these will even sell out. Sunday might be more likely since the next day is Labor Day and I'd guess more people would leave out that day to return home rather than after Tuesday. I think with the 50th being just a month away, we have less to worry about crowd wise now. Friday is more expensive so that would tend to have higher crowds.

I am trying to purchase tickets and got email that purchase is pending then another one that it failed, has this happened to anyone else? My card number is right, there is room on the card also so its not that.

I am trying to purchase tickets and got email that purchase is pending then another one that it failed, has this happened to anyone else? My card number is right, there is room on the card also so its not that.

Did you check the website to see if that night has sold out?

I have tickets for August 24th and don't get me wrong I'm excited.....but I'm also SUPER excited for August 11th and all the trip reports.

We will be coming there for a week from Virginia starting August 22nd, and originally we were only doing 4 days at Universal, one day at SeaWorld. Then this popped up. My kids don't know we're going to spend the night at Disney. Total surprise. I'm just gonna tell them we're going to dinner and then roll up to the Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter