Official 2017 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

Checked reservations again and we were able to get into the Storytellers Critter Mother Day brunch post half marathon. We're having my husband's mother join us for breakfast on mother's day so it'll be nice to have her celebrated a little bit.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I'm only seeing TAs selling half and challenge bibs. I think the 5K field is very small for this weekend so those will be hard to come by.

Thanks! That's the same thing I was seeing. Just wanted I check he collective knowledge of Dis!

:tinker: Top O' The Mornin'! It's Fairy Friday! :tinker:

In which I blatantly steal the "Sundays Are For Disney"/"QOTD" ideas from other threads here in the runDisney section! :teeth:

We are 8 Fridays away from Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, so to keep us chatting/sharing ideas, I thought I'd post a question each Friday that we can discuss! Questions are about Disneyland Resort and/or the Tinker Bell Races!

8 weeks to go, Pixies...Happy Fairy Friday! :tinker:

Question of the Week: ADR day has come and gone, but Disneyland Resort is known for its great counter service options. What is/are your favorite counter service restaurant(s) at the Disneyland Resort? If you're a first-timer, what places do you plan on trying?

And to my Irish lads and lasses, Happy St. Patrick's Day! Erin go Bragh!

----------------------------------------------------

My answer:

Disneyland Park: Plaza Inn (fried chicken!) and Rancho Del Zocalo (tacos!)
California Adventure: COVE BAR!! Favorite Disney counter service anywhere! I will likely visit more than once because I love it that much. I’m also planning on trying Flo’s V-8 for breakfast and possibly lunch...haven’t been there yet.
Downtown Disney: Earl of Sandwich, always a solid option. Planning on trying Ralph Brennan's Jazz Express, too.

This is a somewhat selfish question, because I need to find more good counter service spots! :teeth: Let’s hear them!!

Last edited:

:tinker:Yeah Fairy Friday !!!!!

DL: Jolly Holiday Bakery/Café (I just call it Mary Poppins) GREAT turkey sandwiches on tasty ciabatta bread. It comes with homemade chips but you can also substitute a salad instead. Caprese Sandwich also tasty. Good selection of desserts too.
French Market...in NOS also one of the bands plays throughout the day....great atmosphere and good roasted chicken. Beignets are also located right around the corner at the Mint Julep stand.
Rancho Del Zocalo--Roasted chicken and skip the rice and beans, sub veggies and the "American Breakfast Items"
Plaza Inn---Fried chicken
Main Street Candy Palace---well anything that is made there.
DCA: Flo's for breakfast....tamales and scramble eggs.
Cozy Cone for pretzel bites....even the oily "cheese" sauce tastes good.

Now I'm hungry :rolleyes1

Last edited:
GREAT question!!! I'm a DL newbie so can't add more than Earl of Sandwich, but know that I certainly keep hearing about the corn dogs and other goodies that I'll be following along with this question and taking notes!!! So glad that there are only two parks to keep things straight in! There may or may not be a note getting started on my phone of good food and snacks to try..... popcorn::

Happy Fairy Friday!:tinker:

Have I mentioned how much I love Fairy Friday? Cause I do!!

I'm struggling with food choices on this trip. As a DL newbie I want to try ALL THE FOOD! But not enough time to do it all. I haven't fully decided on the counter service choices but thinking right now to get to Jolly Holiday, Flo's and Pacific Wharf (that's counter service right)? I'm gonna need a corn dog (or two) as well at some point. I've also thought about Cove Bar but sounds like you usually have to wait a long time for it so not sure with so many other choices that we will do that.

#1 Bengal BBQ skewers!
#2 Churros and corndogs (bc they sound legendary so I must see for myself)
Funnel cake or honeybee cupcake in critter country.
Cozy cone of macaroni (to share, I don't think I could eat on my own)
Dole whip (they have cherries and an umbrella!!!)
The grey stuff, if its still there.

I'm gonna die of sugar overload aren't I?

For counter service I have my eye on more places than I have days to eat, so I'll keep my eye on what you all think. 100% the Red Tavern if it still exists.
Honorable mention to Cove Bar as long as it doesn't have an insane wait.

I forgot one....my sis and I may need to share a "Darth by Chocolate" in tomorrowland if they still have them because we've been joking about it for a few weeks now.

My must do indulgence for Disneyland are the cookies at the Pooh Corner bakery in Critter Country. My favorite is peanut butter.

I had no idea what you were referring to (like what's so great about a plain peanut butter cookie) so I googled it and is this what it is??...because OMG!! :lovestruc
Sandwich-cross-section.jpg

I had no idea what you were referring to (like what's so great about a plain peanut butter cookie) so I googled it and is this what it is??...because OMG!! :lovestruc

The ones I get are actually plain peanut butter cookies (or sometimes chocolate chunk peanut butter), but they are very thick and dense like the one in your photo, and they are amazing. There are definitely some peanut buttery chunks in there too. There are also Snickerdoodles, chocolate chip and other flavors that are also awesome (also thick and dense), but peanut butter is my favorite.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Cove Bar...when I went there for lunch last year they took my phone number and said they'd text me when the table was ready, so while I DID have a bit of a wait, I was able to ride Mermaid while waiting for my table instead of standing in line. Hope they offer that again!!

We used to love the cove bar in the days when not very many people knew about it. But in the past few years it has gotten out of control, and with the expansion... forget about it. IMO the quality of the food has gone down as the wait time has gone up. Makes me sad, but I am one of the rare people who liked California Adventure in the old days so what do I know :)

Question of the Week: ADR day has come and gone, but Disneyland Resort is known for its great counter service options. What is/are your favorite counter service restaurant(s) at the Disneyland Resort?

The French Market Restaurant next to haunted mansion is fantastic -- the french dip is great.

I love the treats at the Jolly Holiday restaurant on main street.

For California Adventure, the Smoke Jumpers grill is good too!

I keep seeing Jolly Holiday pop up here and I do love Mary Poppins. So I googled their menu and they have chocolate croissants and coffee stuff for breakfast? I assumed only starbucks had that kind of stuff. That may have Saturday morning written all over it! :)

I pretty much live on counter service, lol! I have the taste preferences of a child and a stomach that thinks most edible things are poison. So it's a bit of a daily adventure what I'll be able to eat.

Bengal BBQ is a favorite when I need protein. The chicken skewers are white meat and oh so delicious. Dark meat is too greasy for me. But I don't tend to eat a lot of protein during race weekends so I probably won't hit there during Tink. But I highly recommend it for anyone else.

Pacific Wharf Cafe I used to just get a loaf of bread and eat that as my main go to... But then I discovered I like Disneyland Mac N Cheese and can get it on a bread bowl on the side. I'll probably get that and call it carb loading on Saturday, lol.

I really can't wait for a frozen yogurt from Clarabelle's in Toon Town. It's the only spot to get frozen yogurt in either park. There's good soft serve on the pier near Screamin', but it's still soft serve. Last time I was at DLR, the frozen yogurt machine was down :(

I used to love the popcorn, but ever since they changed to Pop Secret, I only get popcorn if I really, really want the bucket. But that was a go to snack for me for awhile.

That's the peanut butter sandwich. It's amazing and I have to get multiple each trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter