******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie question! Where and when do we check for discounts? If FD did drop, and I want to change my reservations to an included resort (currently at AOA) can I do that on my own since I booked through a TA? She is off on Mondays.
If a TA has your reservation, you can't do anything to it. Your best bet would be to book a second ressie and then if you wanted you could transfer it to her or just cancel the one with her. On the main disney page, scroll to the bottom and you will see a tab for special offers. Click on that and that's where they will be. Hth:)

Newbie question! Where and when do we check for discounts? If FD did drop, and I want to change my reservations to an included resort (currently at AOA) can I do that on my own since I booked through a TA? She is off on Mondays.

Unfortunately no you won't be able to make changes, your TA owns the reservation so only they can add it. You can book a new reservation yourself and then have the other one cancelled and provide the info for the new reservation to your TA and then they can take it over.

I thought I read, somewhere long ago in this thread, that FD would possibly be released at 2 separate times. If this holds true, summer FD and room/package discounts may drop at the same time. As I'm going in November--it doesn't really help me--I just want to make everyone aware. Don't quote me though. ...and sorry to be adding to the stress!! (I just joined a couple weeks ago so it can't be more than 2 weeks old I would say)

Noooooo..... My 180 day mark is tomorrow morning!!! The system will probably crash :crazy:. Then I'll be on the phone at 5am trying to make a BBB reservation with a million other people. :sad:. Ok ok it's not all about me.

Hi all,
I already have my vacation booked for the very end of August, can you modify on line if FD is announced? If so how? Thanks!

Omgosh, I have adr's in the morning! Please oh please don't let the system crash!!!
Yep that's what I just said also! I had a feeling this was going to happen. Even if it's not free dining it's going to be a lot on the system.

The free dining dates I have seen for 2017 only include August, September, and December.

The only official dates at the moment are the bounceback ones and they don't always match the general public fd dates. Historically, I believe the gp fd covers more dates than the bb fd does.

Any other speculation on gp fd dates are based off previous years.

Decisions , decisions. I am 99.9% positive that tomorrow's discounts will be the summer only. I've never seen them release it all in one lump and we are already behind on the release of July/August discounts. Plus even our experts haven't heard anything about free dining yet...
But if I missed it because I decided not to set the alarm....

Decisions , decisions. I am 99.9% positive that tomorrow's discounts will be the summer only. I've never seen them release it all in one lump and we are already behind on the release of July/August discounts. Plus even our experts haven't heard anything about free dining yet...
But if I missed it because I decided not to set the alarm....
I know what you mean I am having the same debate! I so don't want to get up at 4:00 to check, but if I don't and FD drops I will be kicking myself tomorrow.:sad2:

Awesome! So 9pm tonight my time is 4am EST. That is pretty lucky for me really, as it will mean 11 pm for 6am ADR - and I am so much more a night person than a morning person (although I shall be making rope drops, I shall!)

A handy tool: Go to Google and type in

what time is it in christchurch

and it gives you that city's time, date, and GMT offset. just put in whatever city you want (e.g. what time is it in new york city).

SW

Hi all,
I already have my vacation booked for the very end of August, can you modify on line if FD is announced? If so how? Thanks!
On your MDE you may have a change or modify button. Click that and it will take you to a list of things you can change. Choose the offer button and select FD. If that won't work for you, you could book a new reservation and cancel the old one, or you could wait to call in.

Couple of questions:
-We booked with a TA, but she won't be up at 4A when free dining drops. If I book a second reservation online, will I get the $200 deposit back on the first reservation?
-Will I be able to keep all of my ADRs? How do those transfer over if so?
Thanks!

A handy tool: Go to Google and type in

what time is it in christchurch

and it gives you that city's time, date, and GMT offset. just put in whatever city you want (e.g. what time is it in new york city).

SW
I had done that, but it came up with a different time when looking at dates - I think that is because we are a week off daylight savings, so it will all be an hour out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter