******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! So 9pm tonight my time is 4am EST. That is pretty lucky for me really, as it will mean 11 pm for 6am ADR - and I am so much more a night person than a morning person (although I shall be making rope drops, I shall!)

Yep, times work well for me here in Sydney too!

Are you s

Is it paying more to stay at a deluxe with FD versus staying at a Mod and paying out of pocket for the standard dining plan?

Depends on how many in your party. We are 3 adults (DD is 12 so full dining plan needed), so 3 x dining plan, or even just oop spending on food, means fd makes a big impact. The dp would be $180 a day for the 3 of us. So that's what you have to do your calculations with.

Most moderates have received fd in the past, so it's probably going to be more an availability issue.
If I can get POR at $x without fd, but I can get a deluxe for only $100 a night more, then for us, it would be a no brainer to upgrade.

And of course, there are variable prices within moderate/deluxe and also within the individual resorts eg standard room vs preferred room.

What I did was work out how much I think I would spend oop on food per day, then found the midpoint between that and fd which for us worked out to $150 a day. So that's my figure for working out if spending more on the room to get fd is worth it.

I've been reading this thread for the last few days and have to join in!

My mom, DD8, and I are going for a girl's trip December 9-17. Mom is not doing so well and DD has never been, I want to gift them with this trip and a bunch of awesome memories before I don't have the chance. I've budgeted for it all, but would LOVE FD! I mean, come on, who doesn't love free food?!?!! I love watching for this with you all!

As for magic bands, I keep going back and forth and switching them. Right now, I'm settled on gray...but wait, there's more! I am going to be wearing a smart watch. Love that it shows me texts without having to dig my phone out all the time. Among a lot of other features...anyway, I don't really want to wear two big things on each wrist. With the new puck piece, my plan is to pop it out, get the carabiner magic keeper but only use the round part. I ordered an awesome black leather badge/eyeglass holder on etsy. I plan to put the puck in the magic keeper and use the badge holder. Then I also ordered a black Minnie head sticker with a silver bow and silver monogram for the center of the puck. Hoping it looks more like a necklace and will match what I'm wearing every day, which is pretty much black, gray, white, and an accent color. When I read all that, doesn't sound so great, but I think it will look awesome!

Thanks for being a fun group to hang with while we wait!

I'm trying to post a the necklace pic, we'll see if it works...I will remove the silver clippy thing and use the key ring thing only.

il_570xN.845356999_fbrq.jpg

Snazzy! My friend was wondering about this as well as she wears an Apple watch. But then I reminded her that she won't have the data turned on as she will be overseas and roaming charges would be a nightmare!

So she's leaving hers at home.

Ok guys.

Look for a discount drop tomorrow! Not specifying if it's a summer discount, or free dining....but something is dropping tomorrow. My money is on a summer discount.
Someone here knows....I believe the summer discount came out 2+ weeks prior to the FD promo.......

Or maybe they'll just release it altogether. Have they ever done that?
Fd and room offers have been available at the same time and I believe have even dropped on the same day, rumors I've heard was that FD "could" come earlier this year, but I tend to go with the words of the ones we trust, probably another summer offer......I hope it's what we're all hoping for though!

This is good to know. We'll probably just ask for the switch at the qs without mentioning the d word. Do you think it's worth talking to chefs at ts? I'm just concerned about marinades and sauces mainly. He obviously knows things, but sometimes we've found servers (not at Disney bc we've never been) have no real idea about ingredients in sauces and marinades.
If you have questions about carbs or sugars I would say absolutely ask for the chef. It can take a while but they are always helpful and friendly. Such a different diet and so much extra walking tends to result in extra highs and lows for my DH, so I'd say do whatever helps stay in control. Just be aware that it may show things down for your family. That's ok if you're expecting it, but if you have little ones who are starving and you just wanted to ask for a salad instead a cake and it means you have to get out of line and wait for a chef, and they won't allow you to just forget it and order like a normal person it can be frustrating. Also, not all restaurants treat diabetes that way. Sometimes they just replaced the dessert and we moved on. I just wanted to give you a heads up so you can plan whether or not you need to mention it and want to take the time.

Unless they just release summer fd.

Maybe seeing how the BB was for this year, they've never included May, June and July before but they did this time, even if it was just a week each month. I have a feeling that F&W starting so early this year is what is causing FD to be less.

Newbie question! Where and when do we check for discounts? If FD did drop, and I want to change my reservations to an included resort (currently at AOA) can I do that on my own since I booked through a TA? She is off on Mondays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter