Offical Check-In List 10/30/04 "Magic"

HEY everyone. It's been quite some time since I have posted. We have been having some work done in the kitchen, new counters, sink, wallpaper, paint. As well as trying to get the baby's room done. I think everything is just about complete. I have yet to book for this cruise, but I did officially cancel the 10 day christmas one. I guess I am just waiting to have the baby before I decide to book for October.

I only have 3 weeks and two days left until my due date:hyper: My sisters threw me a baby shower last weekend, and we got just about everything we needed.

Well, thats all my news for now. I miss being on these boards, and will try to find more time to post.

Dena::MinnieMo

Hi everyone! It's been ages since I've dropped in, nice to "see" everyone again. Mom and Dad are in Disney this week so I'm working at the family business and have access to a computer. YEAH!

Hope all is going well with the planning. I'm definately ready to cruise. Although I love winter and snow, we've been having a below average winter. The temp has been single digits for almost a month now with below 0 windchills fairly often. We've gotten almost no snow because it's too cold. But anyway....

I'll try to jump in for today and tomorrow. Going to read the messages and get caught up!

hmmm.. Guess I should figure out how to change my counter too.

-Carolyn

Hi Everyone!:wave:
Sorry I've not posted much lately been working hard.

We had a great time in Disney World, the weather was a little chilly but not as cold as it has been here at home. Today we had a bit of everything rain, snow and ice. Just been awful here wish we could have stayed in Fla.

Dena, I'm glad I looked into today, I'm happy to hear that things are going well with you.
Amanda, we sure are going to miss you this year.
Karen, we are having the same weather problems here and I'm with you, I want to go home to our cozy little stateroom.

Welcome to all new Halloween Cruisers. Everyone check in with taswira, she's got a great website going for our cruise. Don't forget to sign your little ones up for our Trick-or-
Treat. I believe we said ages 12 and under, correct me if I am wrong.

It's been donkey's years since I've posted on here! My email decided it was no longer going to tell me when people posted and so I assumed you'd all vanished into thin air.

Well, as my mum said, it was freezing here last week and the country fell to pieces and this week, we have rain and guess what, yep, half the country has flood warnings. I miss my ship!

I was in London with school at the weekend which was great and the week before, I dressed up as Minnie Mouse for school when we were raising money for the performing arts department. Here is the link to some photos of my friends and I.

http://family.hickmore.net/4images/...=4&sessionid=2f59d3ee1b28263ec43270cf968dec1d

I think we need to bump our discussions up to the front! It's cold, but spring is on the horizon and there are a mere 260 days until we sail!:sunny:

Wow!!!! only 258 days till we sail, I better get started on my pre-cruise diet. Ha! Ha!

Has anyone started buying things for the cruise? I haven't but have seen some really pretty and comfortable looking dresses in the sale catalogs that I've been delivering in the past few weeks. Working as a postal carrier does have it's benefits. I don't get alot of catalogs at home but I've been collecting alot of website to shop at.

We've had some nice weather here for the past few days but I fear that is going to change today. It's cold out there.

Well off the finish up some of my painting projects that I started before Christmas. (I've got 2 whole days together off from work). I've painted Ashley's bedroom in the Princess colors, pinks purple with a blue ceiling with the puffy clouds.

Stay warm all :wave:

I'm looking for a gown for the cruise. I have 2 nice long dresses from the last one. If I had known how much we'd love cruising I would have bought something really fancy princess: which is what I wanted. I saw some beautiful gowns on the last cruise, but they were on very petite ladies.

Oh- Halloween costumes too. We're going to be pirates as of this minute, but the kids have changed their minds a million times since we booked.

Great to see eveyone else's counter with the days ticking down!

Anchors aweigh-

Julie
pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Hi:wave2: I just wanted to pop in say and say hi to all my feloow cruisers from Halloween 2003! Hope everyone is doing well!!!!!!!! Wish we were going on this sailing with y'all but I just couldn't pass up the great rate I got for the week after Thanksgiving. !

Amanda, we sure are going to miss you all this year but I do understand a great deal can not be passed up.

Speaking of great deals Ashley and I went shopping on Monday, hit the Sears store in search of curtains and ended up with a formal dress for Ashley. I got it for free, yes you read me right free. It was on the clearance rack mark downed to $19.99 then at the register they took off an additional % which made the dress $8. and some change. The cashier asked me if I wanted to know how to get the dress for free. I laughed and said sure. She said just fill out a credit card app. and it's yours for free plus we'll owe you the change from a $10. credit for filling it out. Now I that DH or I already have a Sears C.C. but for a free dress what the heck. Now Ashley is almost ready for formal night just need to find some free shoes. LOL

"NEWS" I've decided as per requested from my DH to retire from my position of Trick-or-Treat organizer for the "DIS" Group. But the good news is, is that Judi who post under "alwathers" has gladly accepted the position. So if you all would kindly help make her job easier by sending her a PM letting her know that you are interested in part-taking in our group T-or-T. She will need to know you stateroom number and if you'll have children t-or-t'***. If so please give her their names and ages. We do ask that the children be under the age of 13.
Also a date and time must be decided upon for this event. Keeping in mind that Sunday a day at sea and the actually hoilday would be perfect but DCL will also be conducting their t-or-t too on that day. Last year we got lucky that our time did not conflict with theirs. We had just finished ours when thiers was starting, most people just went right to that one, working out very well. I going to look up our times from last year I'll get back to you all with them in a few.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ginger accidently typed in my name wrong. Please PM me at alwatlers and let me know if you are going to participate in T & T and how many kids are going to join us. I know some of you guys don't have kids but still want to see all of the great costumes, so just let me know if you are planning on handing out treats at your stateroom. I will get the master list off of the other site but still PM me or email me at alwatlers@aol.com and let me know the number of kids and ages. I will keep you guys up to date on this site and the Official Halloween site. Got some great ideas for T & T. Hey Ginger I am all for having it on Halloween( sunday), just let me know when they did it last year so I can coordinate the times. If anyone else might know what time it was held last year, let me know. I think if we do it on sunday we should start about an 1 1/2 hours before the official Dis trick or treat so we have plenty of time to finish ours and get to the official meeting spot for Disney.pirate: :wave:

DCLs was held at 3pm on the 30th because it was our day at sea. Ginger had set ours up for 2pm that same day. It worked out well, although had I known DCLs was going to be so lame, we would have just went back to our staterooms.

for the info about the time. I think we will be holding it about the same time as last year. This way people can have lunch and then get ready. If we hold it later then it will be too close to Main Dinner and I know there are alot of us booked for Main. Right now we have an unofficial count of 12 kids participating in trick-or-treating and 11 staterooms. I have a few names that have kids in them but no confirmation if the kids are going to be participating. Just let me know when you get a chance. I will keep everyone up to date with the total count. If anyone has any imput about when we should do our t & t just PM or email me at alwatlers@aol.com:wave:

Sorry about misspelling your name Judi.
Only one problem, we are not sure if DCL will hold it's T-or-T at the same time as last year. We can only hope it stays the same, the timing did work out well last year.

You can count on us as a room to hand out plus our DD Ashley will be T-or-T'***. She is 8. I will have to get back to you about the stateroom number because I am going to change my ressie, turning it over to DVC so we can pay with points. We may lose our current stateroom.

Hi!
You all probably know about this from the other disboards but in case you don't, I thought I'd mention the TV show, According to Jim. The Feb 24 and Mar 2 episodes are filmed aboard the Disney Magic so you might want to mark that down in your calendars! I believe the times are 9pm EST and 8pm CST, but you should check your local TV guide for times and channels.

Thought it would be neat to see the Disney Cruise Line on TV and just wanted to make sure my fellow passengers know too!

And Judi, thanks for taking over the TorTing! I'll send you a PM.

Hi all, me and my 10 yr old dd princess: are going on our first cruise ever and we're so excited. We would love to t & t so count us in and we look forward to meeting new friends and having a blast. We're supposed to be in stateroom 6015 (just switched from 2586 cat 9). I think cat 11 will be okay for the first time and the extra almost $400 in our pockets will buy alot of souveniors I hope!!

Julie

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Aboard! I will mark you and your daughter down for t-or-t . So far we have about 15 kids participating but I'm sure we will have alot more closer to the sail date. Can't wait to meet everyone. Keep an eye on this site for any new info.

I will post a list of those that have confirmed T & T latter in the week.:wave:

Hi All!

Judi my mind has been in a fog lately please excuse me, my DD Ashley is 7 not 8 as I posted earlier. Our stateroom number is 2052 but it may change when I switch our ressie over to the DVC.

Julie - Welcome to the cruise! I added you to the Cruiser List and to access for the website. I replied to your PM with details on how to access.

Let me know if you have any problem.

Shari

We are off to Disney tomorrow for a quick four day visit. My company has a meeting on Thursday, so we're making a long weekend out of it. :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Happy to get away!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter