October 2013 Code Watch?!

I'm hoping there is a bounceback in the room when we get there this October. That always helps me stress less....I see that a bounceback is out for September dates for 2013 so maybe it'll be extended for us October travelers :)

What is a bounceback? My brother and I are looking to book again in Oct 2013 and anything would really help out.

I have been planning our first family trip to Disney since before our son was born! (He is now 6 months). We were going January 2014--But after much reading & finding out Hubby can't use vacation that month, we chose October 2013! SO EXCITED!

A couple questions for you DW Veterans. We are using our tax check to pay for the trip. I have been crunching numbers for Jan, but now recently Oct. We are thinking the first week of Oct starting with Sunday, so it will be Sept 29-Oct 5. In recent years, I have noticed that there is a free DP for this week. Just making sure I am correct. I plan to book the trip using our Disney Reward credit card and paying it off once we get the tax check, but I want to book it well in advance since we plan on staying at Art of Animation.

My questions are: am I right about the history of this week with the DP? Also; If the DP is not available for my week, how easy is it to change the week I want to go, and is there a cancellation fee? It will only be me and my husband on the plan, since Liam will only be 18 months. Is it worth going through re-booking to get the deal if it comes down to it, or just paying full price for the DP instead cancelling or changing our reservations? Either way, we plan on getting the quick-service dining plan! Also, when is the best time to book? I just want to make sure that when/if this offer comes out, we can call & apply it!

We are also staying in the Little Mermaid Standard Rooms- On Mouse Savers, it says the free dining plan excludes these rooms-is this due to it just opening in September, or is this how it will be next year too??!!

Thanks for any suggestions.

What is a bounceback? My brother and I are looking to book again in Oct 2013 and anything would really help out.
When you check in to a Disney hotel, occasionally they have flyers for a discounted future trip. You have to book it before checking out, and it's only available to people staying in the Disney resorts.

A couple questions for you DW Veterans. so it will be Sept 29-Oct 5. In recent years, I have noticed that there is a free DP for this week. Just making sure I am correct.

My questions are: am I right about the history of this week with the DP? Also; If the DP is not available for my week, how easy is it to change the week I want to go, and is there a cancellation fee? Either way, we plan on getting the quick-service dining plan! Also, when is the best time to book? I just want to make sure that when/if this offer comes out, we can call & apply it!

We are also staying in the Little Mermaid Standard Rooms- On Mouse Savers, it says the free dining plan excludes these rooms-is this due to it just opening in September, or is this how it will be next year too??!!

Thanks for any suggestions.

The dates have usually had a late September check in as your last date to take advantage of the free dining deal, but sometimes it's a weekday so you have to book up a week in September if you want to stay a whole week, or check in on a Thursday...etc. I know one year the last date free dining was offered in September was a Thursday, so we had to book the previous Saturday so we could stay a whole week. As long as you book your check in day on a date covered by free dining, it covers your whole trip.

As far as booking, book a package when you call. You don't have to add the dining plan right now if you don't want to, but make sure it's a package. That way if dining does come out, you can add the dining to your existing reservation and not cancel/rebook anything. If you add the dining plan now, you can also add the code later if it comes out and again avoid cancellation/rebooking. As long as you make changes prior to 45 days there is no fee. After 45 days prior to check in, there is a 50.00 fee if you downgrade the package cost and I think someone mentioned a smaller fee that Disney sometimes charges you even if you increase the cost of your package and it's within that 45 day window. If you book a room only reservation and then want to add the free dining code later, you have to rebook using the code.

There have been reports that the AOA LM rooms are not included in the bounceback free dining for 2013, so they may not be included in next years general public code either. No one knows right now how that will end up.

When you check in to a Disney hotel, occasionally they have flyers for a discounted future trip. You have to book it before checking out, and it's only available to people staying in the Disney resorts.

The dates have usually had a late September check in as your last date to take advantage of the free dining deal, but sometimes it's a weekday so you have to book up a week in September if you want to stay a whole week, or check in on a Thursday...etc. I know one year the last date free dining was offered in September was a Thursday, so we had to book the previous Saturday so we could stay a whole week. As long as you book your check in day on a date covered by free dining, it covers your whole trip.

As far as booking, book a package when you call. You don't have to add the dining plan right now if you don't want to, but make sure it's a package. That way if dining does come out, you can add the dining to your existing reservation and not cancel/rebook anything. If you add the dining plan now, you can also add the code later if it comes out and again avoid cancellation/rebooking. As long as you make changes prior to 45 days there is no fee. After 45 days prior to check in, there is a 50.00 fee if you downgrade the package cost and I think someone mentioned a smaller fee that Disney sometimes charges you even if you increase the cost of your package and it's within that 45 day window. If you book a room only reservation and then want to add the free dining code later, you have to rebook using the code.

There have been reports that the AOA LM rooms are not included in the bounceback free dining for 2013, so they may not be included in next years general public code either. No one knows right now how that will end up.

Thank you so much for your help!

thank you

I apologize in advance if this is not the right place but I am new around here!

Am I the only one who is thoroughly frustrated with the free dining and/or 30% offers? I booked our trip in January and actually booked 2 reservations so I could play the odds of getting one of these discounts. We have a res at the Beach Club and Boardwalk Villas for a 2 bedroom.

To date, I have not been able to get either of these offers on my reservations and more recently I cannot get any offers for any rooms during the week of Oct 20th to the 27th.

Has anyone had any luck for these dates? I check multiple times each day and have been since each of them was announced. It feels that although I am within the offer dates, there really arent discounts to be had. Is it BS?

We visit 1-2 times a year for a week each and have never had a problem getting a discount. This year seems odd.

Any feedback?

If you book now for October 2013 and a discount comes out later, will Disney apply the discount to your reservation?

Just to add to the response you got from montauk...

"yep" is only true if that discount is available. Available is the key word because Disney only has a limited number of discount rooms available. It's a roll of the dice an as you can see from my post above, its one I lost this year even with TWO reservations.

Am I the only one who is thoroughly frustrated with the free dining and/or 30% offers? I booked our trip in January and actually booked 2 reservations so I could play the odds of getting one of these discounts. We have a res at the Beach Club and Boardwalk Villas for a 2 bedroom.

To date, I have not been able to get either of these offers on my reservations and more recently I cannot get any offers for any rooms during the week of Oct 20th to the 27th.

Has anyone had any luck for these dates? I check multiple times each day and have been since each of them was announced. It feels that although I am within the offer dates, there really arent discounts to be had. Is it BS?

We visit 1-2 times a year for a week each and have never had a problem getting a discount. This year seems odd.

Any feedback?

If you check Mousesavers the discounts have been pretty standard really...maybe these weeks are just not included this year? I know we got FDing for October 20th, or are you saying that you didn't want FDing?

Fingers crossed for a good discount!!! We are heading down some time in October, no exact dates yet....

I just booked today for Oct 13-19, 2013. I am really hoping to get a room discount PIN or offer or at least free dining! We are staying at the Beach Club and would love to save some money!!!

We are booked yet but are looking at October 2013. We want to go down with my sister, BIL and my then 5 year old nephew (first time).

We would love a room only discount code for Wilderness Lodge!

The Sasquatch said:

Any feedback?

This is not particularly surprising on a 2BDR. Keep in mind that discounts are applied based on availability. If the 2BDRs are sold out, then there won't be any discounts. When I booked in Jan I chose BWV (for Dec) because I figured availability there is usually better than BCV. But I knew the odds of availability on a 2BDR were slim no matter where I picked. Thats why I booked in Jan. I got lucky though because there were, surprisingly, Studios available. So I split my reservation to a 1BDR + Studio and ended up saving quite a bit. But if that hadn't been available, i would have kept my 2BDR and paid rack rte. I did get a discount on my AKV 2BDR but only 5%.

As for those particular dates - isn't that Gartner? The annual IT conference fills up the Boardwalk hotels every year. No discounts during that time period. No need for it.

We are hoping to go the second week in October. Maybe we will get some pixie dust.

Thinking of booking a trip tomorrow for October 12-16th. I know its total last minute. It my twins birthday. I got the PIN for the discount, but what is this I hear of free dining? That would save boatloads of money since my twins are now considered adults!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter