October 12, 2013 - Western Caribbean on the Fantasy!!!

Hello Group. I'm Rus. I will be sailing with my wife Michelle, and a group of other friends. This is our 3rd DC. We are in 10160.:dance3:

Welcome!! I'm Tammy and will be sailing with my DD and my Aunt. For my DD and I, it will be our 3rd DC, but this will be my Aunt's 1st (although she has cruised on Carnival).

Hello Group. I'm Rus. I will be sailing with my wife Michelle, and a group of other friends. This is our 3rd DC. We are in 10160.:dance3:

Hi All!

Rus, you are in 10164 my friend, connecting with Brenda in 10166 :) You guys can literally open up the wall between verandahs and have the whole back of deck ten to yourselves :)

I am holding out til my August cruise before committing to Oct 2013. Hoping to grab 10160 or 10660 when hubby and me sail the Magic out of NY. The 10% booking discount and extra credit (or reduced deposit - whatever they are offering at the time) should be worth waiting for. We shall see...

Hey all! Just wanted to say "hello"! Our thread is so quiet....Even thought we have 2 cruises before this one, we've actually been doing some planning for this one. The theme is "non-DCL excursions".......

In Costa Maya, we are going to be heading over to Tropicante. In Grand Caymen, I *think" we will be doing Captain Marvin's (Stingray City & a beach stop), and at Cozumel, we like DCL's Fury Catamaran Sail Snorkel & Beach Party, so in the year leading up to this cruise, I'll be exploring possibly doing that on our own too if it's possible.

We are going on a Western December 8th, but aren't doing much, as the weather in Dec will more than likely be a little chilly for us.....

What is everyone else planning?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

By this time next week I will be on the Magic and will have my Oct 2013 reservation made! Hubby (my non-cruiser) is already balking about sailing for a weekend, so, it looks like my DD will be my sailing buddy for October :)

When we do our excursions we stick with Disney's only because I never want to be the family left at the dock having literally missed our boat : /

Hi All!

Rus, you are in 10164 my friend, connecting with Brenda in 10166 :) You guys can literally open up the wall between verandahs and have the whole back of deck ten to yourselves :)

I am holding out til my August cruise before committing to Oct 2013. Hoping to grab 10160 or 10660 when hubby and me sail the Magic out of NY. The 10% booking discount and extra credit (or reduced deposit - whatever they are offering at the time) should be worth waiting for. We shall see...
We're in 10664, so we may be neighbors!!!!

We are going on the Magic in September 2012 with the great DVC pricing we got! It is weird to plan a cruise less than 60 days out. It feels like I just made my reservation and we're going in 40ish days! I have been on the other thread and facebook back for that cruise, therefore MIA here. I will resume my planning for this cruise once I'm done with that and our WDW trip in October.

tiggerwannabe said:
When we do our excursions we stick with Disney's only because I never want to be the family left at the dock having literally missed our boat : /

We used to be like that - took us until our 6th cruise to go off on our own, but the boards made us feel very comfortable in going with Bernard's Tour in St. Maarten. We had an amazing experience with them. Saw more of St Maarten than any DCL excursion & it was only $40/person. We were back in plenty of time before we left (like 90 minutes).

Captain Marvin's is another highly recommended group on the DIS by many folks, so I'm not worried there either.

Tropicante is a resort that you hop on a cab to, so if we miss the boat, it's our fault!!

I'm ready to safely branch out :)

@ Kendzee, nice!

My last trip to Orlando was last January, I am so ready to get back into Disney mode....

Great info on the excursion companies, I will def keep them in mind as planning progresses.

Hey all! Just wanted to say "hello"! Our thread is so quiet....Even thought we have 2 cruises before this one, we've actually been doing some planning for this one. The theme is "non-DCL excursions".......
In Costa Maya, we are going to be heading over to Tropicante. In Grand Caymen, I *think" we will be doing Captain Marvin's (Stingray City & a beach stop), and at Cozumel, we like DCL's Fury Catamaran Sail Snorkel & Beach Party, so in the year leading up to this cruise, I'll be exploring possibly doing that on our own too if it's possible.
We are going on a Western December 8th, but aren't doing much, as the weather in Dec will more than likely be a little chilly for us.....
What is everyone else planning?

We haven't really planned much yet. Still need to get together with my Aunt (she lives in a different city than us, but still here in SE Louisiana) to see what she likes to do.

By this time next week I will be on the Magic and will have my Oct 2013 reservation made! Hubby (my non-cruiser) is already balking about sailing for a weekend, so, it looks like my DD will be my sailing buddy for October :)

I'm the same....still like to stick with Disney excursions. Only our 3rd cruise, and not comfortable yet with going on our own for anything.

Also, we are going to Disney in September, 2012 and again in February, 2013. The Sepember trip is only 6 weeks away, so I guess I need to start planning for that trip. Then in February 2013, my son & daughter-in-law are taking the 2 grandkids for their first trip to Disney. So my daughter & I will be going back to Disney again! Never had Disney trips so close together before. Can't wait for all of them!

abitagirl916 said:
still like to stick with Disney excursions. Only our 3rd cruise, and not comfortable yet with going on our own for anything.

This will be our 9th DCL cruise. It takes a while to get comfortable with going off on your own. We were really gun shy for a while! Now, we realize the absurd savings!!! (Although, there are still some things I won't do on our own.)

We aren't going on any excursions on our Dec cruise at all & on our March cruise, we are going to have friends take us around in San Juan & in St Thomas are taking a cab to Maegans Bay beach (maybe even squeeze in a trip up to Paradise Point depending on time).

We have been going to a WDW water park once every week this summer & start our bi-weekly day trips back on Aug 17th. We are actually spending a long weekend in Oct there, too. It never gets old ;)

This will be our 9th DCL cruise. It takes a while to get comfortable with going off on your own. We were really gun shy for a while! Now, we realize the absurd savings!!! (Although, there are still some things I won't do on our own.)

We aren't going on any excursions on our Dec cruise at all & on our March cruise, we are going to have friends take us around in San Juan & in St Thomas are taking a cab to Maegans Bay beach (maybe even squeeze in a trip up to Paradise Point depending on time).

We have been going to a WDW water park once every week this summer & start our bi-weekly day trips back on Aug 17th. We are actually spending a long weekend in Oct there, too. It never gets old ;)

It must be so nice to live so close to WDW. My dream is to someday move to either the Orlando area, or, at least within an hour or so of WDW. Being I live in Louisiana, I can't go to the World as much as I would like. If I did live close, I believe I would go really often like you are able to do.

abitagirl916 said:
It must be so nice to live so close to WDW. My dream is to someday move to either the Orlando area, or, at least within an hour or so of WDW. Being I live in Louisiana, I can't go to the World as much as I would like. If I did live close, I believe I would go really often like you are able to do.

Yes, one hour is perfect for us ;) Our driveway to WDW is 72 miles, so it takes 1 hr to get there (& only a 2 hr drive to Port Canaveral). We chose Tampa because we'd be 1 hr to WDW & 1 hr to the Gulf beaches. We like Tampa better - we get a breeze so it's not sweltering summer heat like in Orlando, and it has less tourist traffic. I can truly say I love our town!!

Now, if we were rich, I'd take a vacation condo in Celebration ANY DAY!!!!!! A girl can dream, can't she?

I'd love to visit Louisiana some day!! It's on my "visit wish list."

I know were are still over a year away from our cruise, but has anyone decided where they will stay the night before the cruise? Even though we will probably drive to Port Canaveral from Louisiana, I still like to arrive the day before the cruise. In the past I have stayed at the Radisson on the Park-n-Cruise package and taken their shuttle. Just wonderin if I should consider any other places that have a Park-n-Cruise package. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I know were are still over a year away from our cruise, but has anyone decided where they will stay the night before the cruise? Even though we will probably drive to Port Canaveral from Louisiana, I still like to arrive the day before the cruise. In the past I have stayed at the Radisson on the Park-n-Cruise package and taken their shuttle. Just wonderin if I should consider any other places that have a Park-n-Cruise package. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Good question. DH and I were discussing if we wanted to add a couple nights before, but that sounds like a great idea. We really need to figure out a nice hotel with a shuttle is we pass up WDW the night before.

Booked us on this sailing over the weekend. 3 of us from Seattle.
Dw Andrea, DS Bryce (16 now 17 at time of sailing 18 day after cruisel and my self DH Dave.

All very excited, wish it was closer. Trying to talk DW into another MR trip this fall

Hello from Massachusetts!!!!

Our family is also booked on this cruise :)! It will be our 6th all on DCL! We have cruised on the Magic, Wonder, & Dream - including renewing our vows in 2011 on the Dream :). This will be the first time we ventured out of double cat 11 rooms to a single cat 4! My DH Ray (39), I-Heather (37), DD Kayla (12), DS Tyler (9), & DS Mackenzie (7) will be driving down to PC from our small town in Massachusetts. We loved participating in the FE exchange on the Dream so PLEASE add us to the FE list!!!!

Presently, we will also be joined by my brother, SIL, & nephew (7) and family friends and their two children (12 & 8). I will send them our "meet" link so they can join in the fun!

We are busy getting ready for the beginning of school in 3 weeks - yikes! It'll be the first year all of our kiddos will be in "full day" school since our youngest will be going into kindergarten! The first few months of school go by SO fast - which is good cuz it'll bring our cruise "12 month" mark that much closer!!!!

Excited to get to know you all :) Chat with ya soon!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter