October 12, 2013 - Western Caribbean on the Fantasy!!!

hrarcham said:
our youngest will be going into kindergarten! !

Our 5 year old daughter is starting Kindergarten next Tuesday & I am very excited :) Actually, it will be weird to have an empty house from 8-2 everyday!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So I had to say goodbye to my last March 30, 2013 Fantasy cruise group and say Hello to my new group- You all... So Hi

My name is Cori-sahm to Kayla (currently 6 1/2 but will be 7 1/2 on cruise-gotta get those 1/2's in there or some little one gets angry lol) who is going into 1st grade and Zachary (4, but will be 5 on cruise) going into Pre-K. We currently live in Charlotte, NC but I am orginally from Seattle/Tacoma, WA area where my mom lives. However, we might be relocating yet again (when I say again, we just moved to Charlotte from the D.C. area a year ago)-dh, the king, is looking for a career change, basically that is why we rescheduled our cruise to a later date.

on this cruise it will be us 4, my FIL and FIL'sGF, and my mom- three cabins total. This will be my very first cruise

:welcome: to all the newcomers to our cruise. Are you as excited as I am about this cruise?:yay: Hope to "talk" to everyone a lot more during our wait until October, 2013.

Hello everyone...

I booked a category 4A stateroom yesterday on disneycruise.disney.go.com. We were assigned 10100. We are reallly looking forward to our very first cruise, especially DS who'll be 10.

Martin

Hello everyone...

I booked a category 4A stateroom yesterday on disneycruise.disney.go.com. We were assigned 10100. We are reallly looking forward to our very first cruise, especially DS who'll be 10.

Martin

Welcome!! You are going to love your Disney cruise, and so will your DS. I really don't know much about the kids clubs, since my DD is older, but from what I hear, most kids love them. Even if he doesn't go to the Clubs, he will have a blast...there is the AquaDuck, the Fantasy has the AquaLab which looks really fun. I want to try that myself. Always something going on. The shows are great. We really enjoyed them on my cruises on the Magic and the Dream. Glad you joined us to countdown!!

Hello! My husband and I just got back from our third Disney cruise (this time an Alaskan cruise on the Wonder) and we booked this cruise while on board. We will be celebrating our four-year wedding anniversary on October 17, so we had the date in mind before weeks before we went on our Alaskan adventure.

We're not sure if we're participating in the FE yet; we never have before, but we're leaning towards doing it this time. :) Our stateroom number is 8570.

Welcome!! You are going to love your Disney cruise, and so will your DS. I really don't know much about the kids clubs, since my DD is older, but from what I hear, most kids love them. Even if he doesn't go to the Clubs, he will have a blast...there is the AquaDuck, the Fantasy has the AquaLab which looks really fun. I want to try that myself. Always something going on. The shows are great. We really enjoyed them on my cruises on the Magic and the Dream. Glad you joined us to countdown!!

Thanks! We are really looking forward to the cruise. We plan on DS spending at least a couple of evenings in the Oceaneer Lab/Club, especially if we can get into Palo or Remy. We're sailing just 2 weeks after our 18th anniversary. I am Martin, DW is Kirsten and DS is Daniel.

I just switched sides of the ship from stateroom 10100 (port) to 10592 (starboard). I changed for a view of the Florida coast as we sail south out of Port Canaveral and a <possibly> higher chance of a CC view when docked there...

We live in Cape Coral about 4 hours from Port Canaveral and will drive up the night before. We plan to stay at one of the hotels offering the 40% Port Canaveral parking coupon and will park at the port.

Pondering FE - we'll probably do it for DS.

Martin

Thanks! We are really looking forward to the cruise. We plan on DS spending at least a couple of evenings in the Oceaneer Lab/Club, especially if we can get into Palo or Remy. We're sailing just 2 weeks after our 18th anniversary. I am Martin, DW is Kirsten and DS is Daniel.

I just switched sides of the ship from stateroom 10100 (port) to 10592 (starboard). I changed for a view of the Florida coast as we sail south out of Port Canaveral and a <possibly> higher chance of a CC view when docked there...

We live in Cape Coral about 4 hours from Port Canaveral and will drive up the night before. We plan to stay at one of the hotels offering the 40% Port Canaveral parking coupon and will park at the port.

Pondering FE - we'll probably do it for DS.

Martin

Hi Martin, Kirsten and Daniel. I'm Tammy, DD is Rachel and traveling with us on her first Disney cruise is Jeanette, my Aunt (a big kid at heart). We will be in stateroom 6146.

I have stayed in the past at the Radisson, parked there and used their shuttle. Which hotels offer the 40% Port Canaveral parking coupon? I'd like to check them out and see if we would prefer staying somewhere else this time and parking at the Port. It would be much more convenient to park at the Port and a discount would be nice.

Which hotels offer the 40% Port Canaveral parking coupon?

Hi Tammy, Rachel & Jeanette,

I found the hotel names in another thread visited each web site and posted info below:

Best Western Cocoa Beach - click on the Free Cruise Parking banner at the top of the page.

La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach - click on the Port Canaveral Parking Package Learn More button on the lower right side of the page.

Days Inn Cocoa Beach - click on the Cruise Parking Special banner at the top of the page.

International Palms

Martin

Hi Tammy, Rachel & Jeanette,

I found the hotel names in another thread visited each web site and posted info below:

Best Western Cocoa Beach - click on the Free Cruise Parking banner at the top of the page.

La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach - click on the Port Canaveral Parking Package Learn More button on the lower right side of the page.

Days Inn Cocoa Beach - click on the Cruise Parking Special banner at the top of the page.

International Palms

Martin

Thanks, Martin, for the information. I will check out these hotels so that we can decide which one is best for us, and compare to staying at the Radisson on their park & cruise package.

Hi everybody, just joining in. I still have a ton of posts to finish reading through on this thread, but wanted to give an intro before I had to go pick up kids from school.
My name is Brandy, and we will be a party of 5, DBF, & kids DS14, DS10, and DS8 at time of sailing. This is everybodys first cruise, except mine, I have been on Carnival twice.
I must admit, I am quite jealous of all of your bookings, our cruise is still a hopeful maybe as I cannot book until July/August 2013, and that is IF there is still room on this sailing. (I have to wait that long to book to get my CM rate).
Look forward to chatting some more with you all!!

Hi everybody, just joining in. I still have a ton of posts to finish reading through on this thread, but wanted to give an intro before I had to go pick up kids from school.
My name is Brandy, and we will be a party of 5, DBF, & kids DS14, DS10, and DS8 at time of sailing. This is everybodys first cruise, except mine, I have been on Carnival twice.
I must admit, I am quite jealous of all of your bookings, our cruise is still a hopeful maybe as I cannot book until July/August 2013, and that is IF there is still room on this sailing. (I have to wait that long to book to get my CM rate).

Brandy, we hope that you all are able to join us. It would drive me crazy to have to wait that long to book, but I guess it's worth it to get your CM rate. Where are you a CM? I assume Disneyland since you live in CA. I've never been to Disneyland, but love Disney World. Since I live in Louisiana, Orlando is a bit closer. But one day I would love to visit DL. Look forwarding to chatting with you over the next year.

They just released CM rates for our Dec cruise & the discount is amazing!!!! Too bad I'm not a CM!! I'm hoping that Florida resident rates will follow :) Then, I can just roll the savings into payment for our spring break cruise in March.

I'm excited about this Oct cruise since we have something planned at each stop.

Welcome aboard... My sister is a Disney employee, although not a CM, at Walt Disney Animation Studios also in California. She says she "works for the mouse".

They just released CM rates for our Dec cruise & the discount is amazing!!!! Too bad I'm not a CM!! I'm hoping that Florida resident rates will follow :) Then, I can just roll the savings into payment for our spring break cruise in March.

I'm excited about this Oct cruise since we have something planned at each stop.

I'm already looking at and planning excursions, too. It's fun even at "1 year, 1 month and 1 day" 'til the cruise. (according to your ticker) :thumbsup2

Martin

Hi all! We just booked this cruise when we were on the Wonder last week (to Alaska!). It'll be me (Jen), my husband (Phil), and our son (Ryan - who will be 6 at the time of sailing). My parents will also be coming and we have connecting rooms. We're in rooms 8576 and 8578 (I think). This will be our 3rd cruise and my parents' 2nd cruise. We were all on the Magic in May.

Even though this trip is still crazy far away, I figured I would stop in and say "Hi". :wave2:

Hi all! We just booked this cruise when we were on the Wonder last week (to Alaska!). It'll be me (Jen), my husband (Phil), and our son (Ryan - who will be 6 at the time of sailing). My parents will also be coming and we have connecting rooms. We're in rooms 8576 and 8578 (I think). This will be our 3rd cruise and my parents' 2nd cruise. We were all on the Magic in May.

Even though this trip is still crazy far away, I figured I would stop in and say "Hi". :wave2:

Hi Jen!:wave2: Welcome to you and your family!! I am so excited to be cruising on the Fantasy next year. My DD and Aunt will be cruising with me. My DD & I have cruised on the Magic and the Dream so far. We have never been on the Wonder, but maybe, someday!:goodvibes

Brandy, we hope that you all are able to join us. It would drive me crazy to have to wait that long to book, but I guess it's worth it to get your CM rate. Where are you a CM? I assume Disneyland since you live in CA. I've never been to Disneyland, but love Disney World. Since I live in Louisiana, Orlando is a bit closer. But one day I would love to visit DL. Look forwarding to chatting with you over the next year.

Actually, I am a CM at one of The Disney Store's in NorCal. We go to DLR annually now, used to be more often. I am actually working in my 3rd Disney Store, made the mistake of leaving once, and it will NEVER happen again :)

Sorry, but I do not know how to multi-quote different posters on here.

Mhconely, that is so cool!! :thumbsup2 I have touring the studios on my Disney bucket list :goodvibes

Silverfox97, they must have JUST released them, as I was on the other day and they were only into Nov. And yes, they are crazy good deals.

Can anybody tell me what an FE is?

Also, we are planning on flying out a day or 2 early, so we can spend 1 day at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. MOst likely we will stay at a DoubleTree or Hampton, etc, using points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter