Now is the time to worry

Southwest, ohas rarely steered me wrong. I've heard jet blue is pretty cheap out of NY. I also found STA, which is like a student travel site, and they have GREAT airfare, but I've only looked at over seas stuff. I would bet it's the same for domestic.

(Seriously, I say great, it's 1/6th of the price, simply cause I'm a student and under 26 :banana:)

Congrats! I bet you'll have a great time!:goodvibes

I found a flight for just under $90 from jet blue, and it includes the first bag. Probably what I'm gonna end up taking.

I second that! I want to say my Mears ticket was $18 (Maybe actually $12 though) to get to my hotel the night before, if you go straight to check in the day of, they usually have a coupon for CPs. They were friendly, helpful, made a bunch of jokes, and my van was full of other CPs. It was a great start.

Can someone clarify what exactly double time is? I know it's 2x pay, but when do you get it?

Oh gosh, I can't remember exactly. I know even with a 14 hour shift my managers weren't even worried about me being close to getting double time. I believe if you have two full shifts less than 8 hours apart you get double time. You really don't need to worry about it. It's pretty unlikely that you'll ever be scheduled it, and in the few cases I did see it scheduled, the managers switched it around when they found out. It was an accident. You will also be turned down for any requests to work a shift that will earn you double time. There are some exceptions, but not likely.

Anything over 8 hours is overtime, which is time and a half. You get this up until 15hours, where you go into Double time, and they REALLY don't want you to do this, lol. My roommate right now is QSFB and I'll say it's tiring for her, but she's in a small resort location that's really busy. She really liked working at Pecos Bill's in MK, though. The cool thing is when you get deployed to another location for a week or two. It's a whole different costume you get to wear!! The best thing is to make the most of it!! And I mean, go for all the Housing events, even if you think they're cheesy! Get out of your apartment! Don't be afraid to go to the parks, even on your own! DO EVERYTHING!!! This is your time to just have fun and work at the same time. Know that not every day is magical and some days just downright suck, but there are also awesome days full of great friends and amazing experiences!

I'll let you know that my school let me take Work Experience credit, I just had to do some special projects for my adviser. This second program I just took online classes through my university so that I was at least part time.

The best thing is to make the most of it!! And I mean, go for all the Housing events, even if you think they're cheesy! Get out of your apartment! Don't be afraid to go to the parks, even on your own! DO EVERYTHING!!! This is your time to just have fun and work at the same time. Know that not every day is magical and some days just downright suck, but there are also awesome days full of great friends and amazing experiences!

I wanna second this. I know a lot of people who avoided the housing events cause they thought they were lame. You know what wasn't lame? Being on a strict budget and still getting an awesome meal that I couldn't afford otherwise. It was a great way to meet new people, and just fun to hang out.

Yes. Second that. Go to the housing events...get there early for grocery bingo lol. That was pretty fun lol. Every once in a whole they have "field trips". During my program they went to an Orlando Magic game, Busch Gardens and stuff for like 25 dollars. And if you have time and want to volunteer, go to Give Kids The World. Working with the kids there was amazing.

BigDreamer said:
I'll let you know that my school let me take Work Experience credit, I just had to do some special projects for my adviser. This second program I just took online classes through my university so that I was at least part time.

I'm doing my internships for school when I go down for the college program in two weeks and I have to get my manager to fill out some paperwork. Did you also have to have your manager do anything when you did your work experience credit for your school? Did you have any problems getting the manager to fill out your paperwork? Thanks!!

I'm doing my internships for school when I go down for the college program in two weeks and I have to get my manager to fill out some paperwork. Did you also have to have your manager do anything when you did your work experience credit for your school? Did you have any problems getting the manager to fill out your paperwork? Thanks!!

If it's someone to fill out paperwork I think someone else takes care of that- Kent Philips was the education coordinator when I was there and he was the one who took care of all the paperwork that someone at my work had to fill out for my internship. His office was in Vista Way.

When I did mine last year, my managers knew exactly what to do! One of them was specially assigned for the CP kids, and so I was assigned to her. I gave my counselor her information and they set up a basic communication. I had to set goals with my manager and at the end, she evaluated my completion of them, and sent the results back to my school. They were really understanding and easy to work with!

Oh good, that makes me worry less!! When you did your CP, did you email or call them before you got there or did you just bring your papers with you and tell them when you got there?

OK, rather than clutter the board with another thread, I'm bumping this one. So earlier in the thread I was told Mears for transport from MCO to check in. I just priced that and it was like $76. That's a bit expensive for my tastes. Any cheaper ways?

I just checked on the Mears site.. if you take a shared van shuttle from the Airport to the Holiday Inn Sunspree (which is a hotel across from Vista Way), the fare is $21, one way, adult. I am sure if you call and tell them you are a CP and you need to go to Vista they will be able to drop you right there for the same price (or less if there is a discount, be sure to ask!!)

I just checked on the Mears site.. if you take a shared van shuttle from the Airport to the Holiday Inn Sunspree (which is a hotel across from Vista Way), the fare is $21, one way, adult. I am sure if you call and tell them you are a CP and you need to go to Vista they will be able to drop you right there for the same price (or less if there is a discount, be sure to ask!!)

There's supposed to be a coupon that takes you to Vista Way for the College Program- I used it on my CP and it was like $21 to be driven straight to Vista.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter