Ok , i have to ask, whats the holiday taping schedule, and how does it effect the parks? Ty.

They usually film the parade in Disneyland and some concert performances in various DW parks. I’ve never been to DW during filming, but I was at DL when they filmed the parade one year. It was a moderate nuisance....lots of roped off areas that made crowds a bit congested in certain areas, no photographers in choice areas like the castle, plus fantasyland was unexpectedly closed from 5pm onward because of a performance. Not a huge deal, but it did impact our trip. There’s an article on Disney Tourist Blog that covers it in more detail, and I think his overall takeaway is that it’s nothing worth seeking out to watch, but probably won’t have a huge impact on your stay if you don’t seek it out.

Updating with the link to the blog post:https://www.disneytouristblog.com/christmas-day-parade-filming-disney-world-disneyland/

Last edited:

You can’t predict the weather this far out, and Nov is notoriously unpredictable. Could be any temp between 40-90. I remember getting caught out on a cold night and having to buy a sweatshirt.
Two years ago I was cold and was wearing multiple layers and had to go back to the room mid-day to change. Last year I had to buy tank tops because it was extremely warm.
It’s currently saying partly sunny and mid to high 70s for my entire stay. I would love it if it stayed like that!
Ok , i have to ask, whats the holiday taping schedule, and how does it effect the parks? Ty.
I was in WDW last year and I felt it was less of an inconvenience than it is at DLR because they didn’t film the parade at WDW.There were roped off areas for filming at EPCOT but we missed most of the major stuff. Magic Kingdom filmed stuff before the fireworks show and after fireworks, so the castle wasn’t lit up with the holiday lights. It had projections for the performance instead. It did bring some extra crowds, but we avoided the areas and it was fine. I think they released the schedule a little bit before and if it had been anyone we were interested in seeing, it would have been cool to watch for a little bit.

Last edited:
These are my tentative plans for our trip:

Sun 11/17 - Probably airport dinner. (Chick-fil-a, I hate your politics but love your chicken.) Check in OKW in the evening (late arrival).
Mon 11/18 - Epcot day, F&W festival for eats
Tues 11/19 - AK (half day w/FPs), Yak & Yeti lunch 2 pm, return to resort to swim or to Disney Springs depending on weather - dinner counter service at DS somewhere
Wed 11/20 - Possibly Backstage Magic day, if I can convince my BFF. Otherwise, regular MK day, counter service meals
Thurs 11/21 - Epcot day, F&W festival for eats
Fri 11/22 - DHS day. Brown Derby lunch 2 pm. Otherwise... not sure. Expecting crowds and to stay far away from SWGE (ha) Might be an early evening back at the resort if park's too crowded. Not expecting much out of DHS this year.
Sat 11/23 - MK day. Probably rest in early evening (we're 40 now and thus exhausted all the time!) and head to late dinner at California Grill (9:15)
Sun 11/24 - Check out. Brunch at Olivia's. Disney Springs for shopping or movie until 4:30ish. Back to resort for DME to MCO.

Welp, it's been a long time since these original plans and we've had some massive changes to our schedule, due to some budget changes (we need to do a more scaled-down trip.)

So this is the new plan. I think it'll work - a lot more QS than we're used to, we're thinking of getting the QS Dining plan this time around, which should help with that as well as F&W festival.

New plan with MidDay Magic = breakfast in our room almost every day :)

Sun 11/17 - Probably airport dinner. (Chick-fil-a, I hate your politics but love your chicken.) Check in OKW in the evening (late arrival).
Mon 11/18 - Epcot day, F&W festival for eats.
Tues 11/19 - AK prob half day; return to resort to swim or to Disney Springs depending on weather. Lunch QS in AK; dinner QS at Disney Springs.
Wed 11/20 - Magic Kingdom Day. Lunch & Dinner QS.
Thurs 11/21 - Swim day. Lunch & Dinner QS.
Fri 11/22 - DHS day. Lunch & Dinner QS.
Sat 11/23 - Sleep in late. Possibly Fantasia Gardens and Disney Springs day. QS snack. Late dinner at California Grill (9:15.)
Sun 11/24 - Check out. Brunch at Olivia's. Disney Springs for shopping or movie until 4:30ish. Back to resort for DME to MCO.

Welp, it's been a long time since these original plans and we've had some massive changes to our schedule, due to some budget changes (we need to do a more scaled-down trip.)

So this is the new plan. I think it'll work - a lot more QS than we're used to, we're thinking of getting the QS Dining plan this time around, which should help with that as well as F&W festival.

New plan with MidDay Magic = breakfast in our room almost every day :)

Mon 11/18 - Epcot day, F&W festival for eats.
Tues 11/19 - AK prob half day; return to resort to swim or to Disney Springs depending on weather. Lunch QS in AK; dinner QS at Disney Springs.
Wed 11/20 - Magic Kingdom Day. Lunch & Dinner QS.
Thurs 11/21 - Swim day. Lunch & Dinner QS.
Fri 11/22 - DHS day. Lunch & Dinner QS.
Sat 11/23 - Sleep in late. Possibly Fantasia Gardens and Disney Springs day. QS snack. Late dinner at California Grill (9:15.)

Have you tried the QS Yak and Yeti? We had it last summer and thought it was pretty good. Definitely not the same selection, but all right. Disney Food Blog actually likes their mini mango pies better than at the TS location.

Have you tried the QS Yak and Yeti? We had it last summer and thought it was pretty good. Definitely not the same selection, but all right. Disney Food Blog actually likes their mini mango pies better than at the TS location.

I didn't even realize that was an option! That would be a fun thing to do instead of the CS Y&Y that were in our original plans - thanks for the tip!

In exactly one month, we will be in MK for our first full park day! Hooray!!! :yay:

I am trying to figure out what time to leave our room each day...maximizing RD, but also not annoying my DH and DD13 by waking them up unnecessarily early. Let me know what time you would leave the room on these days...

Sunday 11/24 - from Poly to MK, 9:00 a.m. opening, RD ride is Space - I was thinking leave at 7:30 a.m. and take resort monorail
Monday 11/25 - from Poly to MK, 8:05 a.m. PPO BOG - I was thinking leave at 7:00 a.m. and take resort monorail
Thursday 11/28 - from Swan to HS, 7:00 a.m. EMH, RD ride is RNRC - I was thinking leave at 5:50 a.m. and walk
Friday 11/29 - from Swan to EP, 9:00 a.m. opening, RD ride is Soarin' - I was thinking leave at 8:00 a.m. and walk
Saturday 11/30 - from Swan to AK (driving our own car), 8:00 a.m. EMH, RD ride is Navi - I was thinking leave at 6:30 a.m. and drive

I was wondering about a few things...
1. What time is HS opening to let people in before they are held? For a 7:00 a.m. EMH, what time will the gates most likely open?
2. For Epcot, what is the entrance at the IG like nowadays with the Skyliner? Are we let in before 9:00 and held inside, or do we wait outside the gates until 9:00?

Thanks for any input!

In exactly one month, we will be in MK for our first full park day! Hooray!!! :yay:

I am trying to figure out what time to leave our room each day...maximizing RD, but also not annoying my DH and DD13 by waking them up unnecessarily early. Let me know what time you would leave the room on these days...

Sunday 11/24 - from Poly to MK, 9:00 a.m. opening, RD ride is Space - I was thinking leave at 7:30 a.m. and take resort monorail
Monday 11/25 - from Poly to MK, 8:05 a.m. PPO BOG - I was thinking leave at 7:00 a.m. and take resort monorail
Thursday 11/28 - from Swan to HS, 7:00 a.m. EMH, RD ride is RNRC - I was thinking leave at 5:50 a.m. and walk
Friday 11/29 - from Swan to EP, 9:00 a.m. opening, RD ride is Soarin' - I was thinking leave at 8:00 a.m. and walk
Saturday 11/30 - from Swan to AK (driving our own car), 8:00 a.m. EMH, RD ride is Navi - I was thinking leave at 6:30 a.m. and drive

I was wondering about a few things...
1. What time is HS opening to let people in before they are held? For a 7:00 a.m. EMH, what time will the gates most likely open?
2. For Epcot, what is the entrance at the IG like nowadays with the Skyliner? Are we let in before 9:00 and held inside, or do we wait outside the gates until 9:00?

Thanks for any input!
Moved you to the November thread for better planning assistance. 😊

Has anyone ever had luck with the TP room requests? This will be the first year we’ve used it and I wasn’t sure how often people have had luck. I know requesting a specific room number really pigeon holes your options so I was sure to put in the notes section the aspects of that room that made us like it. I’m not sure now if I should also add corresponding requests to my online check in?

I am trying to figure out what time to leave our room each day...maximizing RD, but also not annoying my DH and DD13 by waking them up unnecessarily early.

I feel you. I am an early riser, as is my daughter, but my son and husband are natural night owls. I had a ton of rope drop plans when I first started planning, and I have come to the realization that we are probably just not all rope drop people anymore. So most of our park breakfasts are late morning. I planned one for 8:30am, and if my husband and son are too tired, I will just hope Disney does not charge me if only two of us show up. My daughter and I can rope drop if we have the urge and then meet up with the boys later on. No reason we all need to travel together every day.

You seem to have a good plan for lodging close to the parks that you are visiting. I'd say you can probably even wake up a little later if need be, since you aren't as reliant on transportation, but 90 minutes will give you a good margin for error. The only obscenely early day on your plan is the HS day.

I am curious about the answer to your question for the international gateway too.

Has anyone ever had luck with the TP room requests? This will be the first year we’ve used it and I wasn’t sure how often people have had luck. I know requesting a specific room number really pigeon holes your options so I was sure to put in the notes section the aspects of that room that made us like it. I’m not sure now if I should also add corresponding requests to my online check in?

I have a pretty good success rate. One trip out of six I didn’t get my request. TP doesn’t request a specific room. When you choose a room they fill it in for that area. When you select “configure request “ you’ll see a list of numbers.

I usually leave the body of the request blank. I make sure to select the same requests on MDE.

Last year, 11/15-11-18, we froze at night. Well, I didn't. I wore my winter coat, hat gloves, scarf etc that I had with me anyway (because we're from upstate NY and I needed them to get on the plane). Teen-boy "doesn't get cold" didn't bring stuff...I now own the $65 MVMCP sweatshirt bc he was miserable. This year I'm chaperoning 30 teen-boys (HS marching band) and told them I already own the sweatshirt so they're on their own.

I did the tp request for the 1st time for our upcoming trip. In addition, I also called reservations like I always do and they added my request to our reservation.

I have a pretty good success rate. One trip out of six I didn’t get my request. TP doesn’t request a specific room. When you choose a room they fill it in for that area. When you select “configure request “ you’ll see a list of numbers.

I usually leave the body of the request blank. I make sure to select the same requests on MDE.

Oh interesting! Maybe I did it wrong? It says a specific room number requested?

Oh interesting! Maybe I did it wrong? It says a specific room number requested?

You pick a room, but they send a list of numbers to Disney. You'll see that when you select "configure request."

Here's what mine says: Bldg 1960s,Flr 4,NE-facing room.Exmple:4436,4435,4434,4433,4432,4431,4430,4429

ETA: they do send the request 30 days in advance now. Mine went through this morning.

You pick a room, but they send a list of numbers to Disney. You'll see that when you select "configure request."

Here's what mine says: Bldg 1960s,Flr 4,NE-facing room.Exmple:4436,4435,4434,4433,4432,4431,4430,4429

ETA: they do send the request 30 days in advance now. Mine went through this morning.
Oh got it! That makes sense! Thanks so much for the info :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!