• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not Excited At All

GOOFY4DONALD

DH finished his plate at 50's Prime Time. They wer
I am hoping for some encouragement because I am just not excited about our upcoming trip. This trip has been harder to put together that the others. The last 2 times we went we still lived in our old house and a part time job was all it took to pay for the trip. Since we moved I have been working full time (not because of the move). Having a larger mortgage and a car payment meant I had to work even harder for our upcoming trip (we don't like to charge). Some days I feel like this trip has become more of a burden. Before I loved the planning and waking up early to make my ADRs but none of that is fun and it seems like all the fun planning of before has now turned into a chore. I was excited when I snagged an ADR for Candleight Processional w/Neil Patrick Harris. But I'm not even excited for that now. I am sure I will feel differently when I get there...at least I hope so.

Try stepping away for a week. You might be on Mickey Mouse overload. Happens to me too every trip. Usually just a few days and I can't wait to get back to planning.

Good luck and pixie dust!!!

Too many of the abbreviations overlap.

CP, I'm thinking was Crystal Palace, and I thought "how do you get to eat with Barney Stinson, that would be legen. . .wait for it. . .

DARY!!!!!"

Then I realized you meant Candlelight Processional, and sure, that's awesome too.

But I think that statistics reveal that 83% of all people think CP is Crystal Palace.

Too many of the abbreviations overlap.

CP, I'm thinking was Crystal Palace, and I thought "how do you get to eat with Barney Stinson, that would be legen. . .wait for it. . .

DARY!!!!!"

Then I realized you meant Candlelight Processional, and sure, that's awesome too.

But I think that statistics reveal that 83% of all people think CP is Crystal Palace.
It has been changed

I am hoping for some encouragement because I am just not excited about our upcoming trip. This trip has been harder to put together that the others. The last 2 times we went we still lived in our old house and a part time job was all it took to pay for the trip. Since we moved I have been working full time (not because of the move). Having a larger mortgage and a car payment meant I had to work even harder for our upcoming trip (we don't like to charge). Some days I feel like this trip has become more of a burden. Before I loved the planning and waking up early to make my ADRs but none of that is fun and it seems like all the fun planning of before has now turned into a chore. I was excited when I snagged an ADR for Candleight Processional w/Neil Patrick Harris. But I'm not even excited for that now. I am sure I will feel differently when I get there...at least I hope so.

Good luck.

I agree with PP that some times there is just overload. I always get to the point in planning that the magic is overshadowed by the reality of what we are spending. Then we actually head out and have a great trip. And start the whole cycle over again.... Lol

Don't sweat it. You are in a different place and sometimes we don't have the spare adrenalin for manic planning or excitement. My suggestion would be to just do the tasks as needed and know that in the end you will probably have a delightful trip. I loved the cp. we saw Gary sinese and it was wonderful.

Try stepping away for a week. You might be on Mickey Mouse overload. Happens to me too every trip. Usually just a few days and I can't wait to get back to planning.

Good luck and pixie dust!!!

Ditto this. No DIS, no reading guidebooks, no planning, nothing for one week. It'll work wonders.

Am I the only one thinking that maybe it's not the right time to go. I would think about putting the money in a vacation account and rescheduling to a different time. I sometimes feel if a trip doesn't come together easily it just isn't meant to be.

~After this trip, maybe you should take a break for a couple of years, and you will also be able to budget more money. Just try to relax, it sounds like you've planned a fabulous vacation! It's just that your priorities have changed since you've accepted more responsibility. Have fun! :goodvibes

Maybe it's time to try something a little different... A disney cruise instead of a disney world vacation perhaps or maybe just see if you can find different things to do at disney world than you've done in the past (fireworks cruise or a visit to Islands of adventure for example...). Perhaps an itinerary full of things you've never done before will give you something to be excited about.

We are planning on doing other things next year. We had an unfortunate accident with our fur baby that wiped out our WDW fund. We leave in 52 days and we already have the flights and everything set.

Maybe it's time to try something a little different... A disney cruise instead of a disney world vacation perhaps or maybe just see if you can find different things to do at disney world than you've done in the past (fireworks cruise or a visit to Islands of adventure for example...). Perhaps an itinerary full of things you've never done before will give you something to be excited about.
We are doing many different things that we have never done before. HDDR, Festival of the Lion King, Candlelight Processional, MVMCP. I'm pretty sure this is just a funk.

Not to get overly philosophical here, but sometimes it helps. I understand the overwhelming feelings of vaction expenses as they relate to unexpected and daily expenses. It can be a real bummer when you think of it all. Right now I'm dealing with paying for 3 vacations in the upcoming year - yikes!.

But, how I look at it is why are we working so hard? Why do we get up early and trudge to our jobs and put up with whatever? Why do I cut coupons and look for sales and think twice about buying certain items? Just so I can pay bills and give money to other people / companies?! There has to be more. Why do all this if once a year or so my family and I can take some time off to enjoy ourselves and do what we want to do and have a week away from all the stress and presssures we face everyday? Many of us work hard and we deserve to splurge on ourselves every so often...

My grandfather died when my dad was 17 (I never met him). My dad told me my grandfather worked hard every day putting in long hours and kept talking about everything he would do when he retires and was waiting until then to truly enjoy himself. Well, unfortunately he never got to retire. That stuck with my dad his entire life and growing up he was responsible and hard working, but always made sure to make the time to enjoy life and do things with his family instead of waiting until the "perfect" time, because very rarely does that perfect time happen.

You sound like a hard-working and very responsible person. You will be fine. Try not to worry so much and enjoy yourself. I think a large portion of the fun of a trip is the planning and anticipating...don't take that away from yourself. It may take some time to play catch up, but things will work out.

Take care and have a great trip!

I'm sorry I didn't realize you get to go so soon!

I found a post to a similar thread that might be applicable here: "I know this is going to sound highly corny, but there is also this strange phenomena that has affected me in the past (And a few other people that I've talked to, some on these very boards): The closer you get to a Disney trip, the less excited you become. Maybe it's due to over-planning, over-excitement, lack of sleep, etc. The day before we leave for a Disney trip, I am sometimes numb. I'm not excited, I'm not un-excited, I just ... Am." Fantasmic23

Now let me give advance apologies for what I think will be a very corny paragraph to follow.

For me (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) while I absolutely love the awesomeness of the rides and fireworks and food and shows and... The magic of Disney isn't so much in people in giant suits dancing around on a stage (though that helps) - it's in all the little realizations of how wonderful the world can be: My favorite part is watching small children meet that character they really love (My moment was meeting Cinderella when I was like 5 - I will never forget that and for me it's so special to see a child have that same moment I had so long ago - I really hope that one day I'll have my own child to introduce to Disney). There's also joy in seeing grandparents get to enjoy grandchildren and in listening to other families rave about how much fun that was as they get off a ride. The truth of the matter is that I was just at Disney this past September so I wouldn't be excited about seeing some of the same things over in November but I'm super excited about getting to make the magic for my Mom who hasn't been in a very long time. I don't look forward to Soarin for the fifth time in four years, but I look forward to watching my Mom see Soarin for her first time. Honestly for me, even these message boards are part of the magic.

I read on one message board someone suggested bringing those glow bracelets and having their kids distribute them to nearby strangers waiting for the parade to start. I've considered doing that myself though I'm second guessing because I don't know how a parent would react to their child taking something from an adult with no kids of her own...

I don't know if any of this helps, but I guess what I'm trying (incoherently) to say is perhaps if you can't get excited about the rides and fireworks maybe there's something else over there you can get excited about...

And just to leave you with a final note, this is the magic for me (add www): youtube.com/watch?v=jsCyGPYJorY

I bet you'll feel differently there! You'll get there sigh a breath if relief and think" it was worth it!"

Right now your just stuck in a rut and this vacation is very much what you need!!

Sending hugs and pixie dust!!!

I'm pretty sure your funk will disolve once you're at Disney. We take several small trips (and some not so small) throughout the year. I long for them until just before it's time to go, then I turn sullen from the stress of all the planning, packing, etc. Once we're into the vacation I wonder what the hack I was thinking!

I hope that's the case with you, and that you have a wonderful time.

:)

Haha, nice reference. :laughing: I agree that the initialisms get out of control when several things have the same initials. I've seen CP refer to Candlelight Processional, Crystal Palace, and College Program, sometimes all in the same thread. People talk about riding "SM" and I think, "Space Mountain? Splash Mountain?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter