Not accepted :(

I am definitely going to reapply in the fall!!

Working for Disney is something I have wanted to do since I was nine years old. I have been thinking about what could have happened and some of the things that might have attributed to me being turned down is that I had to do the interview on my cell phone (not the best connection) and my narrow choice of roles.

I would just like to hear from someone that was turned down after their first interview but was accepted later.

Age doesn't matter for your CP, however, what you pick as a role does.

There's certain roles like QSFB & Custodial that always need people. However, Hospitality, Entertainment, and Costuming almost always fill up, and it's VERY COMPETITIVE to get into them. I know that the role I ended up with had over 30 people in it, but now they only take something like 10 people out of the entire pool of people for that position.

They probably did hire 7K, but probably about 5K was QSFB (that's what all my roommates had). I'd recommend in the future that you apply for some roles that, while you may not love them, that you could do. Not all QSFB is carts, you could be indoors at a park, or at a resort, and you get the pay deferential.

Age doesn't matter for your CP, however, what you pick as a role does.

There's certain roles like QSFB & Custodial that always need people. However, Hospitality, Entertainment, and Costuming almost always fill up, and it's VERY COMPETITIVE to get into them. I know that the role I ended up with had over 30 people in it, but now they only take something like 10 people out of the entire pool of people for that position.

They probably did hire 7K, but probably about 5K was QSFB (that's what all my roommates had). I'd recommend in the future that you apply for some roles that, while you may not love them, that you could do. Not all QSFB is carts, you could be indoors at a park, or at a resort, and you get the pay deferential.

Just curious which role you heard only takes between 10 and 30 people. I'm already accepted for my position, but you have me cuirious now, lol:goodvibes

Just curious which role you heard only takes between 10 and 30 people. I'm already accepted for my position, but you have me cuirious now, lol:goodvibes

It used to take 30 when I took it, but it was a newly created position then. Now it takes only about 10 people. And that's BBB Hostess.

I really thought about putting custodial...but someone told me that if you check it, then you're definitely going to get custodial, because nobody wants to do it (and I wouldn't mind it, other than I get queezy over protein spills)

Ya don't put custodial unless you really don't mind doing it. I didn't even put custodial on my checklist when I applied, but during the interview I was asked if I would consider it and crazy me said I would. Low and behold when I got my acceptance it was for custodial. I hated the job mostly because people are disgusting when they are on vacation and someone is there to clean up after them, but when I extended I was able to transfer to attractions. So even though I hated doing custodial I wouldn't trade it for anything, because of the great time I had down there and the seasonal job at Test Track i have now.

Yes, custodial is gross, but I will say that it isn't a difficult job, and you have a strong possibility of being placed in a park if you take it.

To top it off, there's high guest interaction (if you like that), and minimal supervision while working.

Yes, custodial is gross, but I will say that it isn't a difficult job, and you have a strong possibility of being placed in a park if you take it.

To top it off, there's high guest interaction (if you like that), and minimal supervision while working.

Exactly! I didn't want it at first, but it really wasn't that bad. I ended up enjoying it.

so sorry ohmickey. I don't think i've known of anyone who has not been accepted unless it had to do with like past legal troubles or no role availability or something . I was only 18 on my first program, and only selected four roles on the check sheet, and applied late. That's strange. definitely try for fall/fall advantage next year, i don't think you should have much trouble, I guess select more roles, and apply super early. Bon Chance!

Yah i heard this year they recieved a lot of applications so I would def apply early and check any role that you are willing to do.

Okay, this scares me :guilty:

I want to be a CP in Fall 09, but reading this scares me to death that I might not get picked. :sad1:

I am a campus rep and I know that this year has been a very competitive year. Only about 1/2 of the people that apply for the college program will be accepted.

Okay, this scares me :guilty:

I want to be a CP in Fall 09, but reading this scares me to death that I might not get picked. :sad1:

I wouldn't worry too much, just apply as soon as they start accepting applications and choose every role that you feel you would enjoy doing. As long as you meet all the other qualifications and don't limit yourself to one or two roles I think you should be fine.

I am a campus rep and I know that this year has been a very competitive year. Only about 1/2 of the people that apply for the college program will be accepted.

Why do they think there is such an influx of applicants this year? Does it have to do with the economy? That's crazy only half of applicant are being accepted when like 7000 are in the program...interesting.

I wouldn't worry too much, just apply as soon as they start accepting applications and choose every role that you feel you would enjoy doing. As long as you meet all the other qualifications and don't limit yourself to one or two roles I think you should be fine.

Thank you for the encouragement :goodvibes

Why do they think there is such an influx of applicants this year? Does it have to do with the economy? That's crazy only half of applicant are being accepted when like 7000 are in the program...interesting.

I think the college program has just become more popular with time. When I did my first program back in the Spring 07 there were always people coming up asking how I liked the program, how hard it was to get into, and stuff. And I think a lot more college students are taking time to do internships or study aboard than ever before. I mean it might have a little to do with economy but I think it has more to do with the popularity of the program.

Yeah, the CP has definitely gotten more popular since I did my first CP. I applied for my first CP towards the end of the recruiting season, and was able to get my third choice. Now you have to apply early to get one of your top choices, and if you apply as late as I did you run the chance of not getting in at all.

Only about 1/2 of the people that apply for the
college program will be accepted.

I am pretty sure that is an overstatement. The CP is indeed a competitive program, but I don't think it's that competitive, lol.

As others have said, it definitely seems important to check off as many roles as possible on the Role Checklist. Lifeguard, Custodial, Quick Service, Merchandise, and Attractions are the ones they really need people for.

From the 6 schools that I know of that have had their presentations so far near me, only about half of the people that interviewed got offered a position. I know that it sounds crazy and it normally isn't as hard, but this year EVERYONE wants to do a CP.

I applied late in the game and only picked a handful of choices. I was lucky to get my first choice, hospitality, as I've learned it's quite competitive. Most of the hospitality roles go to the ICPs. However.. I really wish I could switch roles. The hours are the worst (we're open 24/7..) and we're always on OT- which is great for the paycheck, but leaves little time to enjoy the parks. There is no slow season in resorts as there are always conventions taking up huge blocks of rooms and many people stay at the hotels and never even enter the parks. I'm happy I tried it but if I were to give it another go, I would choose a different role.. maybe character attendant or BBB. Front desk is where everyone seems to complain which can be really hard some days because it feels like a personal attack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter