Not accepted :(

OhMickey

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been turned down the first time they applied and accepted the following year?

I am a sophomore at a small college. I interviewed at the end of August and I thought it went great. I was optimistic. However, last week I received a letter saying that I would not be offered a position for the Spring Advantage. I want to do the college program and I do not know what went wrong.

I applied for hospitality, marketing, and table service.

Anyone have ideas on what possibly went wrong? I intend to apply for the Fall Program and I hope that someone can offer some feedback and suggestions for next time? I really want to work for Disney and intend to learn something from this..even though it turned out not like I wanted it.

i mean if you think it went well im sure it wasnt you, they probably just filled up on the roles that you checked before they got to you possibly.

Has anyone been turned down the first time they applied and accepted the following year?

I am a sophomore at a small college. I interviewed at the end of August and I thought it went great. I was optimistic. However, last week I received a letter saying that I would not be offered a position for the Spring Advantage. I want to do the college program and I do not know what went wrong.

I applied for hospitality, marketing, and table service.

Anyone have ideas on what possibly went wrong? I intend to apply for the Fall Program and I hope that someone can offer some feedback and suggestions for next time? I really want to work for Disney and intend to learn something from this..even though it turned out not like I wanted it.

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine why you would have been turned down.

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. It could have been an issue with roles as a previous poster said.

Whatever it was, apply again and I would say you have a really really good chance of getting in. You've done the interview so you know what to expect. Maybe try putting down some more roles.

You will get there next time. It will be worth the wait and they will wonder why they didn't take you the first time.

Squish86,

Thanks for your positive outlook....

I read that they were accepting 7000. I dont know if I just misread my interviewer. But I heard a lot of "thats good". And when I called to see if they got my application they said everything looked "great".

I was thinking that maybe it was because I'm younger..only a sophomore. Or maybe they really weren't hiring 7000 after all (because of the economy).

If I didnt get the job because they were looking for something in particular, then I want to make sure I dont make that mistake again!

no prob, yeah i dont know maybe you could email your recruiter and ask him/her if there was any specific reason that might have held you back, and ask for some ways to do better next time maybe

I am alittle confused. are you appyling for the CP? if so at Disneyland? I have never heard of the marketing role in CP, thats what throws me off. I cnat offer any advice on PI yet because I havent gone through that process. But if we are talking about CP they may still be accepting 7000 but they may have filled the roles you applied for. What I tell all the students that apply for CP at my school is check as many roles as you are willing to do because the more roles you check the better your chances are. there is nothing worse then having a great, qualified applicant and then having all the roles they applied for filled it was probably not you they may have filled those roles. the ones you chose dont have alot of opening. custodial, lifeguarding, merchandise, attractions, and Quick Service food and beverage are the ones with the most openings and since you didnt check any of those that may be the problem so next time check check check those roles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I'm sorry I meant merchandising. I hope you're right. I knew that hospitality would be really difficult to get. But that is what I want to do after I graduate. Next time I won't restrict myself. I know that working at any position would be a great learning experience.

Thanks so much for your help..

I'm sorry you didn't get accepted. Maybe it has something to do with the roles, as others said. I hope you can get in next time you apply.

My guess would also be the roles. Those are pretty competitive. Try again in a year or so. I personally thought it was better to be over 21 for the program. I felt I got more out of the program than I would have if I was younger. I was more mature and I was surrounded by mature people at home.

Im really shocked you didnt get accepted. Im so sorry. I probably has nothign to do with your age. My first program I was 19 and a sophmore in college and a lot my friends were only 18. Definitely check off all the roles you are willing to do, that does make it a lot easier to get accepted. And just reapply, it really is worth the wait.

No, I don't think it would be age-related. My first CP I was 19.

It has nothing to do with age. My suggestion, check off some more roles. I selected every role except for ones that I could not perform (lifeguard and transportation; can't swim and can't drive). That showed them I was willing to be flexible. I'm sure you'll get in next time! *hugs* I do believe those roles fill first, so try again for the fall.

And I give anyone under 21 who does the program major props. I couldn't have done it.

Oh gosh...I hate reading posts like this. (I don't know why I do it)
I worry about not getting accepted like that...for some unknown reason. I applied last night and my interview is tomorrow. I signed up for only 2 out of the 5 important roles (merchandising and attractions) Then I checked a few other roles. I really thought about putting custodial...but someone told me that if you check it, then you're definitely going to get custodial, because nobody wants to do it (and I wouldn't mind it, other than I get queezy over protein spills) I regret it now, I wish I could just be like "just put me wherever, I don't care as long as I'm there!"

I don't know...I worked as a manager at the Disney Store for a year and a half (until they closed) that's really my selling point...that and just that I really want to do this program more than anything else.

I don't know what to expect during the interview at all. What sorts of things do they ask you about?

Yeah, I would say check off any role you would be willing to do, any role that you would accept if it was offered to you, even if it's not your first choice.

Also, I think work experience helps so I don't know what you have done, but try getting a job (if you can) and that could help with being accepted for the Fall

I worry about not getting accepted like that...for some unknown reason. I applied last night and my interview is tomorrow. I signed up for only 2 out of the 5 important roles (merchandising and attractions) Then I checked a few other roles. I really thought about putting custodial...but someone told me that if you check it, then you're definitely going to get custodial, because nobody wants to do it (and I wouldn't mind it, other than I get queezy over protein spills) I regret it now, I wish I could just be like "just put me wherever, I don't care as long as I'm there!"

I don't know...I worked as a manager at the Disney Store for a year and a half (until they closed) that's really my selling point...that and just that I really want to do this program more than anything else.

I don't know what to expect during the interview at all. What sorts of things do they ask you about?

Well if your interview is tomorrow you can still add other positions of interests during your interview!

They ask you during the interview if you want to add any roles to your checklist so you can always do that. I had only checked off like one and they let me add more even after my interview was over. They are really flexible and appericate that we are flexible with options. Plus having work experience at a Disney store will work in your favor. Just relax and act normal lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter