No walking track on Disney Wish?

For myself a 5:00am start would be a LATE EARLY BIRD :0). My deck walking usually begins 2:00am to 4:00am and takes place while the decks are being hosed down. I too prefer a continuous around the ship on the same deck exercise track.

Wow, impressive. Is that your *morning* walk or a late night? What time do you go to bed?
I'm a 6-7 am walker and thought that was early..only a handful of fellow cruisers on the deck.
You must have the entire deck to yourself at those hours!

Wow, impressive. Is that your *morning* walk or a late night? What time do you go to bed?
I'm a 6-7 am walker and thought that was early..only a handful of fellow cruisers on the deck.
You must have the entire deck to yourself at those hours!

Morning walk. Bed is around 10ish and when I wake it's dress and walk. Typically it's only CREW cleaning the decks, hallways, stairs, common areas by stores and buffet areas but sometimes some are hanging out on their phones I imagine talking to family/friends back home.

Morning walk. Bed is around 10ish and when I wake it's dress and walk. Typically it's only CREW cleaning the decks, hallways, stairs, common areas by stores and buffet areas but sometimes some are hanging out on their phones I imagine talking to family/friends back home.
Do you then go back to bed after your walk? That would be, like, four hour of sleep if you go to bed at 10 and wake up to walk at 2.

Looking at pictures of the Wish in PC it seems the aft and fwd sections of the outdoor part of deck 4 have stairs, which could mean that either its not an uninterrupted loop because it has stairs that go to deck 5 or that the walking track leads to a larger covered section. - My guess is that they eliminated the track in its continuous form...
We'll find out in 23 days.

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 8.10.52 AM.png

Looking at pictures of the Wish in PC it seems the aft and fwd sections of the outdoor part of deck 4 have stairs, which could mean that either its not an uninterrupted loop because it has stairs that go to deck 5 or that the walking track leads to a larger covered section. - My guess is that they eliminated the track in its continuous form...
We'll find out in 23 days.

View attachment 678148
We already know that the promenade has stairs and that it's on three decks now. You can see it in the deck plans that Disney has on the website. The outstanding question is whether you can make a full loop without going inside.

Urgh... thanks for sharing this.. It's so weird that the new walking path has stairs. yeah that's a big change.
I mean, it's ok but it's not ideal for joggers/walkers...I guess it'll be a one and done for me on the Wish after the MV.
I think it's great for walkers. The stairs are spaced out, so you get a bit of flat walking, some stairs, some more walking, some stairs, etc. It's an extra bit of exercise!

I'm probably the "odd man out", but we much prefer the CM's serving at the buffet and ice-cream station. Having experienced both since COVID we found it much cleaner and actually faster, especially when it comes to the "young-uns". Princess, HAL and others never did have self-serve. It will be more sanitary since people don't wash their hands between eating and going for a second serving.

I'm probably the "odd man out", but we much prefer the CM's serving at the buffet and ice-cream station. Having experienced both since COVID we found it much cleaner and actually faster, especially when it comes to the "young-uns". Princess, HAL and others never did have self-serve. It will be more sanitary since people don't wash their hands between eating and going for a second serving.
I would say, "will I be judged if I keep asking for more servings," but then I remembered that you can literally order the steak AND the lobster AND the chocolate cake at dinner if you want.

I think it's great for walkers. The stairs are spaced out, so you get a bit of flat walking, some stairs, some more walking, some stairs, etc. It's an extra bit of exercise!
It's different that's for sure. If you're a runner you're not used to climb stairs when doing your run.
It's a matter of preference I suppose. I'd much rather a continuous loop. I already climb stairs most of the time when I'm on the ship.

My whole thing is it's NOT a buffet if it's served. It's a cafeteria. I hated cafeterias in school and I still hate them.

It's different that's for sure. If you're a runner you're not used to climb stairs when doing your run.
It's a matter of preference I suppose. I'd much rather a continuous loop. I already climb stairs most of the time when I'm on the ship.

It's actually running down stairs that I would be most concerned about. The track seems short enough between stairs that it seems like it would be disruptive. If I am thinking correctly, you would be descending stairs every half a lap. That's pretty frequent. It would become particularly frustrating if you add people to the stairs and you essentially have to stop to a walk. I would also be surprised if Disney didn't ask people to walk the stairs to avoid accidental injuries. I don't run on most cruises, but if I enjoyed running laps outside previously, this would be a pretty big downgrade.

Last edited:
I'm curious - has anyone studied the deck plans enough to see what Disney gained by departing from it's normal promenade design? I haven't looked closely enough, but it seems the gain would need to be substantial given how many guests seem to enjoy the old design.

Edit: Looking at just Deck 4, it seems they wanted the extra space for the theater and Marvel restaurant. Probably needed, but it was a big price to pay.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!