No walking track on Disney Wish?

DisneYE

DIS Veteran
I read on another platform someone say there is no walking track on the Wish, or rather, a shorter, not continuous track.
They based this on looking at the Wish's deck plan.
I did a quick search and compared deck plans between the Fantasy/Dream and the Wish.
And indeed, the Wish doesn't show a continuous track.
I'd be incredibly upset if they did away with the track.

If they did, the MV will be my first and last experience on the Wish
I love walking on deck four while enjoying the vastness of the ocean... it's one of my favorite activities.

Anyone know about this? - Guess we'll find out in 51 days.

It was my understanding that the shipside promenade going from deck 4 to deck 6 was doubling as the running track, with ramps replacing stairs between the decks. I don't know how they handle the aft connection from the deck plan, but I would be surprised they would not include a continuous running track. There is one on most, if not all, the new cruise ships.

It was my understanding that the shipside promenade going from deck 4 to deck 6 was doubling as the running track, with ramps replacing stairs between the decks. I don't know how they handle the aft connection from the deck plan, but I would be surprised they would not include a continuous running track. There is one on most, if not all, the new cruise ships.

Thanks - I'm curious how it would look with the ramps.
But it seems certain there is a big change in the configuration of deck 4.
When you look at the deck plans, all the other ships have a distinct loop on deck 4 for the walking track whereas the one for the Wish seems to hit a wall.
Maybe the design is to prevent ppl from walking so close to the anchor room? I've always thought it's interesting that they let passengers walk so close to that area.

I read on another platform someone say there is no walking track on the Wish, or rather, a shorter, not continuous track.
They based this on looking at the Wish's deck plan.
I did a quick search and compared deck plans between the Fantasy/Dream and the Wish.
And indeed, the Wish doesn't show a continuous track.
I'd be incredibly upset if they did away with the track.

If they did, the MV will be my first and last experience on the Wish
I love walking on deck four while enjoying the vastness of the ocean... it's one of my favorite activities.

Anyone know about this? - Guess we'll find out in 51 days.

There is no lower decks that you can walk all the way around there is a stairway that goes up to deck 5 and 6 on forward part of ship . There is no ramps like on a celebrity ship

it'll be the promenade on 4 and it will slant up and go all the way around the bow on Decks 5 and 6 (not sure if they put in stairs - a jogging track with stairs seems weird - but the bow area looks as though it is covered or is just outside the covered area), I have a stateroom on 6 that is just above it and my cabinmate is a runner, she wanted to know where it was so we looked it up. I'm pretty sure it is only the bow half of the ship and the promenade does not extend all the way around the aft though.

Last edited:
it'll be the promenade on 4 and it will slant up and go all the way around the bow on Decks 5 and 6 (not sure if they put in stairs - a jogging track with stairs seems weird - but the bow area looks as though it is covered or is just outside the covered area), I have a stateroom on 6 that is just above it and my cabinmate is a runner, she wanted to know where it was so we looked it up. I'm pretty sure it is only the bow half of the ship and the promenade does not extend all the way around the aft though.
Deck 4 aft is dead end on both sides and stairs forward, So sadly there is no way to go around on 4

Deck 4 aft is dead end on both sides and stairs forward, So sadly there is no way to go around on 4
Right, the promenade is clearly on decks 5 and 6. The deck plan shows stairs, which I guess adds some challenge, for better or worse. There's no way to go around aft on the deck plans, though. So, either the deck plans aren't accurate (possible, since they're still being revised as we learn more about the ship) or you're expected to go through the aft elevator area on deck 5 to make a loop.

Right, the promenade is clearly on decks 5 and 6. The deck plan shows stairs, which I guess adds some challenge, for better or worse. There's no way to go around aft on the deck plans, though. So, either the deck plans aren't accurate (possible, since they're still being revised as we learn more about the ship) or you're expected to go through the aft elevator area on deck 5 to make a loop.
there is no way to go around on those decks either

There is also the most important section of the promenade on deck 4. There is one set of stairs on the starboard side that is marked as handicap-accessible between deck 5 and deck 6, giving me the impression that this would be a ramp instead of stairs.

I watched a video of the launch of the ship on YT yesterday. It showed detailed HD views of most decks visible from ground level and there is definitely no way to go around on the aft side of deck 4. However, I saw some stairs going down to deck 3, but they seem to be only for crew members.

There is also the most important section of the promenade on deck 4. There is one set of stairs on the starboard side that is marked as handicap-accessible between deck 5 and deck 6, giving me the impression that this would be a ramp instead of stairs.

I watched a video of the launch of the ship on YT yesterday. It showed detailed HD views of most decks visible from ground level and there is definitely no way to go around on the aft side of deck 4. However, I saw some stairs going down to deck 3, but they seem to be only for crew members.
Right, decks 4-6. I missed the 4 in my post, but of course that's the biggest chunk of the promenade. As I said, I think you're expected to go through the aft elevator area to cross the ship and continue.

I really hope that there is a running track. It's usually pretty busy early in the mornings when I run onboard so it would seem strange to me that they would shunt all those people into the fitness center. Going for a run early in the morning before my family is up ranks pretty high up among my happy places. I never miss a run when I cruise and the dreadmill just isn't the same at all.

It is possible that the walking path does circle the aft but it is enclosed just as the other ships are enclosed at the forward and aft. I was looking at pictures of the Wish and there are portholes on deck 4 aft of the shipboard promenade. Trying to find some hope because my favorite activity is also walking around deck 4 on the other ships. :)

Ok. I just watched the fully lighted Wish arriving in Port Canaveral. I am 90% certain that the track goes all the way around. It just goes up to deck 5 aft and completes the trip around the Aft. If you check deck plans you can see the extension of the track on deck 5 as well. Yay!

We are early birds and always walk on deck 4 usually about 5:00am. I hope the wish has the walking deck. Though I don’t see us on the Wish too often. We will do it once unless they do something longer. Planning a b2b next year. We prefer the 7+ night cruises, so happy with the Fantasy.

We are early birds and always walk on deck 4 usually about 5:00am. I hope the wish has the walking deck. Though I don’t see us on the Wish too often. We will do it once unless they do something longer. Planning a b2b next year. We prefer the 7+ night cruises, so happy with the Fantasy.

For myself a 5:00am start would be a LATE EARLY BIRD :0). My deck walking usually begins 2:00am to 4:00am and takes place while the decks are being hosed down. I too prefer a continuous around the ship on the same deck exercise track.

Last edited:
Ok. I just watched the fully lighted Wish arriving in Port Canaveral. I am 90% certain that the track goes all the way around. It just goes up to deck 5 aft and completes the trip around the Aft. If you check deck plans you can see the extension of the track on deck 5 as well. Yay!

I thought it would have been awesome had the lights on the verandahs spelled out DCL WISH or simply WISH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter