No walking track on Disney Wish?

My whole thing is it's NOT a buffet if it's served. It's a cafeteria. I hated cafeterias in school and I still hate them.
It can be both:

Buffet or Buffet Service - Refers generally to any permanent, regularly occurring, or temporary operation in a food establishment where unpackaged prepared food is displayed, served and/or prepared for event attendees from counters, tables or similar equipment or installations in dining rooms, lobbies, meeting rooms, bar areas, ballrooms, and other areas not traditionally used for food preparation. Such activities include, but are not limited to, buffets, smorgasbords, salad bars, sandwich bars, hors d'oeuvre tables, buffet line cooking and similar modes of food display and preparation.

It can be both:

Buffet or Buffet Service - Refers generally to any permanent, regularly occurring, or temporary operation in a food establishment where unpackaged prepared food is displayed, served and/or prepared for event attendees from counters, tables or similar equipment or installations in dining rooms, lobbies, meeting rooms, bar areas, ballrooms, and other areas not traditionally used for food preparation. Such activities include, but are not limited to, buffets, smorgasbords, salad bars, sandwich bars, hors d'oeuvre tables, buffet line cooking and similar modes of food display and preparation.

I've always seen buffets being self--serve.

But in the end it doesn't matter since they're being bougie and saying it's a "Food Hall". :sad2:

It's pretty hard to run when you have to interrupt your pace to climb or descend some stairs. That's pretty irritating, honestly.

Agreed - honestly this is a deal breaker for my jogs. Its hard enough to maneuver around folks when running, nevermind the slowdown stairs will likely cause. Not to mention the added tripping hazard.... its really not safety minded at all which is weird for Disney. Ramps would have been preferable... it'll definitely be on my comment card. For a 3 or 4 night cruise some folks may just suck it up, skip the run, go on the treadmill or do it despite the annoyance of it but for the next two ships that will hopefully have longer itineraries this a huge minus. I'll probably skip my Wednesday run rather than try to be on the treadmill in a mask, do the CC 5K that Sat then call it good till I'm back on land.

This makes me glad I switched from the Wish to the Dream. I'll probably never sail on the Wish because of this.

Agreed - honestly this is a deal breaker for my jogs. Its hard enough to maneuver around folks when running, nevermind the slowdown stairs will likely cause. Not to mention the added tripping hazard.... its really not safety minded at all which is weird for Disney. Ramps would have been preferable... it'll definitely be on my comment card. For a 3 or 4 night cruise some folks may just suck it up, skip the run, go on the treadmill or do it despite the annoyance of it but for the next two ships that will hopefully have longer itineraries this a huge minus. I'll probably skip my Wednesday run rather than try to be on the treadmill in a mask, do the CC 5K that Sat then call it good till I'm back on land.
Mask? Those aren't required anymore.

Mask? Those aren't required anymore.
It's a choice; we plan to wear masks indoors (though of course we'll have to risk it while we actively eat). We have another 5 days in WDW after the cruise before heading home - we're hoping we stay healthy long enough to make good on those ADRs and get on the rides that didn't exist on our last trip in Oct 2019. If we have to quarantine so be it, but we'd feel better knowing we did what we could to mitigate the risk rather than wonder "what if".

I don't care about the stairs, but my mom has really bad knees, and they encourage her to walk, but not to do stairs. Obviously on a 3- or 4-night I guess it isn't such a big deal, but not a fan on behalf of no-stairs people.

This is a nice video for sure, but I had no doubt it went around the front of the ship. The mystery is still if and how it goes around the rear :)

The stairs yes suck but worse is having to walk through senses and I believe I saw a door you have to open? Imagine relaxing on those chairs and people keep walking by

The stairs yes suck but worse is having to walk through senses and I believe I saw a door you have to open? Imagine relaxing on those chairs and people keep walking by
It sucks for both the guests trying to relax on those chairs as well as for people trying to work out. What were the Imagineers thinking?

It sucks for both the guests trying to relax on those chairs as well as for people trying to work out. What were the Imagineers thinking?
That you'd see the Senses area and want to buy a pass? I don't know. The old track went through the anchor area and stuff, which wasn't very nice to look at. Maybe they just wanted better scenery this time?

Well, I know there was certainly never random spots of standing water when I went running on Deck 4 on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago, so yeah I'm completely willing to just go running down some stairs. Who needs their tibia and fibula to be unbroken, anyway. Overrated bones IMO.

Every time I went running, it was in the 7am hour so Senses wouldn't be open, but that "path" for running is worthless. I'm sure Disney's engineeers did the math and figured out that there aren't enough runners to merit an uninterrupted loop versus whatever advantages this new setup entails, but it pretty clearly eliminates the Wish from consideration for me (and the new ships if/when they have this same configuration). I don't do treadmill running, thanks, and certainly not on "vacation," and running is extremely important to me. I don't blame Disney for the cost/benefit analysis, but that's the "cost" in that scenario. YMMV.

Surely you go up the stairs to the right near the start of the video and not through the spa?

Otherwise that design is awful.

Flat surface walk is good for bad knees. Stairs are bad for bad knees. The ramps would work but if Wish is expecting me to do stairs then maybe I'll just walk back and forth. The last cruise we were on every time I used level 4 the crew was using a hose = trip hazard. Accessing the treadmill area is just so intimidating for this old chubby lady. Do you just walk into the gym and grab one or is there a sign up?

I hate to be the Negative Nellie but I've yet to see anything that makes me go, "Wow I have to get on this ship!" Maybe I'm not the target audience for the Wish but I don't have any plans to sail her soon.

I hate to be the Negative Nellie but I've yet to see anything that makes me go, "Wow I have to get on this ship!" Maybe I'm not the target audience for the Wish but I don't have any plans to sail her soon.
The more I see of the Wish the more I feel they designed the ship for kids and then they remembered that adults exist and they may have to cater to them too.

That you'd see the Senses area and want to buy a pass? I don't know. The old track went through the anchor area and stuff, which wasn't very nice to look at. Maybe they just wanted better scenery this time?
Only on the Magic and wonder. The newer ships are just a tunnel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter