No Turn On Red...what does this mean to you?

Cantw8

Skating on thin ice and the sun's coming up
OK, my vent for the day....

What exactly does No Turn On Red mean to you guys? To me, it means... No....Turn....On...Red. So why is it that everytime I come to a red light and I am in the right hand lane, 20 buttheads behind me are playing a symphony with their horns???? Am I wrong? I discussed this with coworkers and ya know what one said??? "What that means is, no turn on red if there is traffic coming. If there is no traffic, then you can turn." Duhhhhh, really? Then what is the sign for???? Then what exactly does Wait For Green mean? If you have to wait for green, doesn't that mean no turn on red??? Is it me? Do I have to go back to traffic school???

Hey, Pam
I hear ya, girlfriend!!!! :smooth:

I agree, no turn on red means exactly what it says. I'm not sure about other states, but we have lots of intersections with signs that say, "no turn on red except for right lane after stop." Apparently people here don't understand what that sign means either!

"What that means is, no turn on red if there is traffic coming. If there is no traffic, then you can turn."

That statement goes hand in hand with those who say"I didn't run a red light it was ORANGE " sigh:rolleyes:

Yah know I think those behind you are just plain color blind...........yeah thats the right answer color blind!!

"Wait for green" confuses me too! Actually, I think it is used for when opposing traffic has a left turn arrow, so you MIGHT think you're gonna get a green, but you are not. At least not right away.

The new one in New Jersey is turning LEFT on red.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Driving around on Saturday = taking your live into your own hands.

Yup. Definitely means NO TURN on red. But here is the question: What does a YELLOW light mean? Because here on L.I. it means speed up and get through the light before it turns red!

No turn on red = this is meant for everyone else...you go ahead and turn buddy. :rolleyes: One of my pet peeves. Sorta like yield .

Originally posted by Cantw8
So why is it that everytime I come to a red light and I am in the right hand lane, 20 buttheads behind me are playing a symphony with their horns????

Hey, we were at the same intersection the other day. I watched 4 cars turn on red and then I waited for the green. All the buttheads behind me were honking away!

Do you think if they posted a sign at all traffic lights that spelled
out "STOP when light is red" that would help?
:rolleyes: I'm so tired of seeing 5 cars go thru a red light before someone finally stops. :mad: I think there are alot of people
who need to go back to traffic school. JMO!

My favorite is "No Turn On Red" -- cars are stopped -- but that one "VIP in his/her own mind" pulls out around all the stopped cars and then turns red!!

Traffic morons....don't get me started.

Here's another one. What does a STOP sign mean? Around here they are apparently just some type of roadside decoration!

There is an intersection right outside my office that says "no turn on red 7am-10pm". OK, it's 4:30pm. I'm sitting at the intersection and sometimes get horns. One time I almost witnessed a tragedy when someone turned on red and almost plowed over someone in the crosswalk. That's another thing people forget - you must yield to pedestrians.

Sometimes I want to get out of my car - run to the sign and point to the "no turn on red sign" for all the honkers behind me.

then there are the times when there is that little "exception sign"
"No turn on red - Except Saturdays and Sundays" and THEN I'm behind someone who only read the first part and we sit thru the light - I want to go to them and say - ITS SATURDAY!!!!

sigh

Yeah, we have one of those NO TURN ON RED signs at the intersection right by my building. This is one of those intersections that looks like a big X, so if you turn on red, you will probably get creamed. At least 2 or 3 times a week, I have to swerve while turning left because some moron has his head turn completely the other way and doesn't realize I have a green turn arrow and then they get mad at ME!! Yeah, that's my fault that you made an illegal turn.:mad: HELLO, there are no fewer than FOUR signs in various locations that says, NO RIGHT TURN ON RED.

Another one is the 3 lights preceeding this intersection have signs that indicate via pictures and words (for those who can't read) "NO LEFT TURN - 7AM -9AM. This does not mean you can turn left at 8:20 and sit there holding up traffic. No left turn, means no left turn! You're turning into a college for goodness sakes, you'd think you could figure this out!

Ok, I'm done venting!

Not to excuse the honkers, but....I know here I have been in a right hand turn lane and sit and sit and sit and wonder why the idiot at the front is not turning right and it is not until I get closer to the intersection that I can actually SEE the sign. It is at that point I think to myself - thank goodness I didn't honk. I live in the Los Angeles area and believe me, the drivers here offer no mercy and no slack for anyone or anything. It's every man/woman for him/herself!!! Sorry you got such rude treatment:(, but better safe than sorry:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter