No thread about the handle-less mugs?

While I doubt it was some "nefarious" decision to discourage guests from taking them into the parks (or to slow down the use of the soda (since one person can't refill everyone's mug at once) .... it WAS probably a money saving decision from just the cost of the cups. The cups are cheaper for Disney to make, yet they sell them at the same price. Plus probably more can be shipped/stored in a box without handles.

Plus I am sure some prefer the no handle.
I'll admit I used the handle to clip it to my belt/backpack for water in the parks, but I could have lived without it too.

Like others have said, I am sure Disney will just start selling slide on handles with various colors/logos. Which is a pretty good deal for all as the handles will be re-usable (at your next visit) if the cups aren't. I'd buy one!

It's not like the existing handles were anything special .. simply a plastic handle GLUED onto a normal cup anyway.

Or am I just missing it?

Interesting decision....I know a lot of people carry them into the parks and fill them with water. (I don't, too much hassle)

Thoughts?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...-resort-refillable-mugs-at-walt-disney-world/
Lots of opinions on these handles! I like the no-handle option, it's my favorite thing about my Cabana Bay Beach Resort mug that I got last year. I was in love with their Halloween one too, but it has a handle on it which isn't my favorite. Still bought it though. :P

Thanks for starting this thread; we featured it on today's edition of the DIS Daily Fix!

I am the cup filler. I have arthritis in my hands so I use the handy cup carrying container that POR provides in the mornings with breakfast. Use the same one the entire trip to reduce waste AND I can carry treats on the flat part in the middle! Handles or not, I am good!

I also love the handles. We travel with 4-5 adults and it is so easy for one person to make the morning coffee run for all of us. I can't imagine trying to carry more than 2 mugs without handles (especially for hot liquid). In addition, the handles are easier for my young son.

My sisters and I are all sorts of devastated! :D(HA!) How on Earth will we manage without the handles ! ? ! o_O We can't clip em with our many Disney designated carribeaners, we can't carry tons of mugs for coffee runs in the am and OH MY and I thinking about the spills! Spills at the pool, spills at quick service, spills in the hallways, bus stops...
We are mug fanatics, we don't need the 10+ mugs we each have.. for real, they don't even fit in our cabinets.. but boy do we LOVE them!
I'm still healing emotionally from them taking away the Wilderness Lodge Logo from the mug..... sob.... now the handle is gone?

#bringbackthehandle #stopthemadness :sad2::sad:

How do these cups handle hot drinks? Just asking cos I always have hot tea... I assume with a handle it would be easy but would it be too hot to handle without?

I am team handle. Remember those beige Typhoon Lagoon "tumblers" that didn't have handles, but had that fake leather wrap around it with Typhoon Lagoon printed on it? I had a bunch of those. They gave them out at TL. Anyway, I let my son take them when he moved out because.... they didn't have handles. I hang a carobiner from the handle with my nametag on it, and use the carobiner to clip it to my park bag. I don't know what kind of cars people have but in every car, van and truck that we've had in the last 10-15 years have fit them fine in the cup holder. Also, we're beyond the stroller days, but when we had one, the mug with the handle fit just fine. Also for those with arthritic hands, the handle is important. I hope they find a way to offer both kinds, and while they're at it, bring back resort specific mugs. :coffee:

Did I read that they only came in 2 colors? We love the handles as DH does drink runs in the morning and evening. While we could learn to make do without handles, we do like having 4 different colors to tell mugs apart.

That's more my concern than the handles. With 6 of us, more colors means more easily identifying which cup is whose.

I have mugs with and without handles here at home - when driving I actually prefer the handle. But for park use where I want to stuff it in the side "bottle" pocket on my backpack, handless is much better.

I don't see why they couldn't offer both personally.

The cups with handles do not fit in my current car or previous car, and I often bring a cup in the car, so I like this change.

I am the cup filler about half the time. If i can't carry them I'll just get a drink carrier at the cafeteria. Or make two trips.

Handles make the mugs a more efficient weapon.

While I hate handles on my mugs while I'm drinking out of them, I'd love to have the handle on it just in case I ever needed to flog a mugger with it.

Handles make the mugs a more efficient weapon.

While I hate handles on my mugs while I'm drinking out of them, I'd love to have the handle on it just in case I ever needed to flog a mugger with it.

But if used as a projectile, the handle compromises the aerodynamics of the cup...... Just saying ;)

Someone should take their refillable mug to Bed Bath and Beyond, or wherever sells Tervis products, and see if any of the Tervis handles fit the Disney mugs? Of course, that would be an additional expense.

I don't like no handle. As someone who takes all of our mugs to get filled, its much harder to carry 5 mugs without handles. I know a lot of people also clip them to bags and such to carry them. Its not really a mug without a handle.

I liked the handles. I could carry all 3 of ours in one hand to go refill.

I really don't want to buy a holder to carry mugs when I am on vacation. And what about a family of five or six? Typically drink holders are for 4 cups.

that is so funny!

I'm now looking into what I can bring to carry ours. I like the peaceful walk by myself!

I'm thinking I'll just throw an empty, collapsed six-pack carrier in my luggage and use that to carry multiple mugs. Maybe this solution could help your husband out?

I did like the handles as I would carry all 4 of them at one time, but they tend to get thrown out after the trip because the handle makes them less useful at home. Now, if Disney wants another maney-making opportunity, they could sell removable handles like the ones you can buy for Tervis tumblers! Ha!

I also love the handles. We travel with 4-5 adults and it is so easy for one person to make the morning coffee run for all of us. I can't imagine trying to carry more than 2 mugs without handles (especially for hot liquid). In addition, the handles are easier for my young son.

My sisters and I are all sorts of devastated! :D(HA!) How on Earth will we manage without the handles ! ? ! o_O We can't clip em with our many Disney designated carribeaners, we can't carry tons of mugs for coffee runs in the am and OH MY and I thinking about the spills! Spills at the pool, spills at quick service, spills in the hallways, bus stops...
We are mug fanatics, we don't need the 10+ mugs we each have.. for real, they don't even fit in our cabinets.. but boy do we LOVE them!
I'm still healing emotionally from them taking away the Wilderness Lodge Logo from the mug..... sob.... now the handle is gone?

#bringbackthehandle #stopthemadness :sad2::sad:

I think I got all of the multiple-mug-filler people above! I found this:

3cb1eb12cefab29c5826d80ff79e743d.jpg

that people make and use on the Disney Cruises. I think a beer six-pack carrier would work too, and look how adorable it is decorated! Not that I needed another DIY project before our trip...

I don't participate in the refillable mug offer, so this has no effect of my vacation routine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter