No thread about the handle-less mugs?

Those handles are in the same place as the old ones, so no arguing "oh they don't fit in cupholders", etc. :sad2:

But they are removable. Slide them off they fit in the cup holders. Slide them on you have something to make holding multiples or hanging on a bag workable. No arguments needed

How do these cups handle hot drinks? Just asking cos I always have hot tea... I assume with a handle it would be easy but would it be too hot to handle without?

In my recollection, they mugs are really well insulated, so I don't think it's an issue either way.

I like the handles.

Just wondering, are they selling at the same price (while being cheaper to make)?

Probably! Price is based on the value the market will bear. Remember that Disney's deal with Coca-Cola essentially makes the cost of soda next to nothing, so pricing has never been correlated to costs.

And I don't mean to be rude. But I wonder if people complain this much when something else in their life changes.

I have considered the fact that this mug change doesn't actually affect my life as much as, say, when OPEC countries collude to fix oil prices. Or when mortgage companies' greed cause a housing bubble which destroys 20% of the value of my home. Or when politicians make backroom deals to fund pet projects that siphon off funding from essential services. But I don't get this worked up over any of those things.

But it's a lot more fun to argue about a mug handle, than the real depressing problems that rip us off. And that's why we'll do it for another six more pages. Heck, I'm not even at Disney World right now! I'd be so lucky to have that mug issue affecting me right at this moment!

Prefer a mug with a handle, vs. a tumbler. But I've been disappointed with the mugs since they stopped being resort specific with the graphics changed regularly. We didn't even buy mugs last time ... I brought my Tervis tumbler and stocked the fridge with Pepsi bought off-site.

And as long as I'm whining, I also miss the rubbery resort specific magnets. :) Oh, and the black plasticware vs. the red, blue and purple that they used to offer ... those forks, knives and spoons screamed (to me at least) YOU'RE AT DISNEY. Black is blah.

"Or even better, use a Tervis as their mug.

Imagine, a Tervis with Disney resorts on it. "

July of 2013 I took my family on a Disney cruise to celebrate my oldest grandson's HS graduation. I was able to order a Mickey Grad patch Tervis Tumbler for each of us and had them personalized. Was sorely disappointed last year when I wanted to order similar ones for my granddaughter's grad cruise and they were no longer available. :(

I'd buy a Disney resort (or theme park) specific TT in a heartbeat.

While on vacation: Handles are great! Makes it easier to carry around the resort; especially when needing to carry more than one.

While not on vacation: Handles are awful! They make it hard to fit the cup into cup holders and they take up way too much room in the cupboard.

I am torn on this one, lol.

I don't see myself buying the Disney mugs again in the future but I just discovered and started using Tervis cups at work. They don't have handle and I think they are great.

Oops. I just finally read the original article (and maybe missed this important detail elsewhere). So these new handleless mugs are only being sold as a test at Saratoga Springs.
Disney will decide whether to roll them out to other resorts based on guest feedback.

It seems that this board has always been cynical, but honestly, the accusations of some nefarious plot are even more cynical in that context. If guests don't like the new mugs, then I'm sure Disney won't want sales to go down. And if offering two types of mugs is even more profitable, that might even be the answer too.

I bet it would be really interesting to work at Disney. Every little thing you test gets instantly scrutinized on this board. I'd be on these boards every day, just to see who was calling me a "corporate bean counter" and wishing that I would get fired along with Bob Iger. But then again, I wouldn't be able to resist replying on these boards and that would be my undoing. :rotfl2:

i kinda like the handles but only because my hands are wrecked and i can't hold a tumbler without it being painful.

I, too, have not had a refillable mug since 1999. At that time, I could refill our All Star Music mug in the parks. Now THOSE were the good old days. We liked the mug because I could hook that handle on my purse strap.

It is a shame they don't offer more colors for families.

i kinda like the handles but only because my hands are wrecked and i can't hold a tumbler without it being painful.
That's interesting. :flower1:

I also have hand problems. (RA and Lupus) And not having a handle is much better, because my hands hurt more when I hold something small, like a handle.

Amazing how different people are.

How do these cups handle hot drinks? Just asking cos I always have hot tea... I assume with a handle it would be easy but would it be too hot to handle without?

I drink a lot of hot tea and I've never had an issue with the mugs getting hot on the outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter