No thread about the handle-less mugs?

I think I saw a thread on the dining boards, it was about the resort mugs in general. People were mentioning bringing a holder so the beverage runner in the morning could transport them to/from the food court.

I think I saw a thread on the dining boards, it was about the resort mugs in general. People were mentioning bringing a holder so the beverage runner in the morning could transport them to/from the food court.
I really don't want to buy a holder to carry mugs when I am on vacation. And what about a family of five or six? Typically drink holders are for 4 cups.

I like the handles when I am at Disney, because I can tie them to the basket of the scooter.

But once I get home, or if I want to use them in the car, I don't like the handles.

If they don't have handles, that just means that I leave them in the room, or put them in the bottom of the basket.

I just showed my husband that article and he was adamantly against the no handled mugs and when questioned why he was so against it, I learned the truth. Turns out that during our trip last July, when we would get back to our room in the evening, he would go get us drinks and himself a Mickey ice cream bar and eat it before he got back to the room (of course not bringing me one too!). So he's mad because now he can't carry both mugs and sneak an ice cream bar at the same time without being gone for a much longer time!

OP your a misguided soul to old mugs my Dis friend. Those handled things fit NOWHERE. Now we can fit them into our backpack sides, car cup holders and bicycle cup holders. The change is brilliant. Now let's all go find another good change to nuke Disney about.

No misguiding here! My comments show I think it's a good change. :)

I just think about all of the people I see in the parks with 45 mugs hanging off of their backpacks and wonder what they will do now...

I am surprised at how well people are taking this....I've been around long enough to remember "napkin gate"

I just showed my husband that article and he was adamantly against the no handled mugs and when questioned why he was so against it, I learned the truth. Turns out that during our trip last July, when we would get back to our room in the evening, he would go get us drinks and himself a Mickey ice cream bar and eat it before he got back to the room (of course not bringing me one too!). So he's mad because now he can't carry both mugs and sneak an ice cream bar at the same time without being gone for a much longer time!

that is so funny!

I'm now looking into what I can bring to carry ours. I like the peaceful walk by myself!

So how are they going to market these things now? Can't call them refillable mugs any more. They aren't glasses, cuz no glass, I always think of a cup as having a handle (coffee CUP, tea CUP). So I guess they have to be refillable tumblers now?

Cheapskates, all of em, I tell ya. Probably saving all of 1¢ per mug. Er, tumbler. :upsidedow

So how are they going to market these things now? Can't call them refillable mugs any more. They aren't glasses, cuz no glass, I always think of a cup as having a handle (coffee CUP, tea CUP). So I guess they have to be refillable tumblers now?

Cheapskates, all of em, I tell ya. Probably saving all of 1¢ per mug. Er, tumbler. :upsidedow
And making lots of people happy in the process.

Seems that there are a number of people that are glad they won't have handles and will therefore fit into car cup holders.

For people worried and carrying multiple mugs, I heard someone suggest tucking one or two under each arm and one on each hand. Bet you can get creative. Not ideal, but not impossible to carry four or five. You might have to put them down at your door to scan band and open door.

They could have put the handles high on the cup so they would fit in the cup holders. I don't think that they are worth the money so it has no effect on me though.

I'm thinking I'll just throw an empty, collapsed six-pack carrier in my luggage and use that to carry multiple mugs. Maybe this solution could help your husband out?

I saw a bunch of posts on Facebook about it, many people don't seem to understand why some people like the handles and are sorry to see them go. I got mugs the last three trips and I like the handles. I have very bad neuropathy in both hands and arms, and I really need the handles to help me hang on to them. I also liked that I could clip them by the handle to my purse when I was done drinking out of them. I guess I'm lucky, they do fit in my cup holder on my car. I rarely take them out though. I use them at home all the time. Not only because I like the handle, but because it has a lid, and keeps my sneaky little dog out of my beverage. He loves milk and he loves tea and as soon as I turn my back, his snoot is in my drink. Lol

There was a thread and it was even linked to by wdwinfo but a mod shut it down.

I like the new mugs. We don't carry them into the parks (why would you, you can't refill it unless you are using it for water only) and with out the handle it will actually serve a function once we get home. It'll fit in cup holders and if I wanted to carry it around I can put it in the bottle holder on my backpack. With the handle your only option was to clip it on something.

I always bring mine along for touring. I'll fill it at my food court on the way out. With the handle, I can clip it to a belt or strap or what have you when it's empty. At a meal (CS), I'll usually buy a large drink and put what I don't finish right away into it -- keeps it cooler longer and much sturdier than the paper cups you get with your meal. We often resort hop, too, or stop at a particular one to see one thing or another, and I can fill it again there at the food court. I find them very useful. Although, for me, much less so now without the handle (as others have pointed out, makes it very difficult to send one person to fill the family's mugs.....).

I saw a bunch of posts on Facebook about it, many people don't seem to understand why some people like the handles and are sorry to see them go. I got mugs the last three trips and I like the handles. I have very bad neuropathy in both hands and arms, and I really need the handles to help me hang on to them. I also liked that I could clip them by the handle to my purse when I was done drinking out of them. I guess I'm lucky, they do fit in my cup holder on my car. I rarely take them out though. I use them at home all the time. Not only because I like the handle, but because it has a lid, and keeps my sneaky little dog out of my beverage. He loves milk and he loves tea and as soon as I turn my back, his snoot is in my drink. Lol

They fit in my car's cup holder too, and my kids stroller cup holder. I will miss the handle, just for the ease of refilling 4 mugs at once and carrying them back to the room.

Dear lord please please please please keep the handle on the mugs. I feel a lot of spills coming with dropped mu....er...tumblers (as mentioned above) with people trying to do coffee/soda runs (tend to do a lot of these on our vacations). If disney offers carrying trays (like those you get on togo cups at diners say) thats more trash they are developing and an added cost to make those for guests. Not really a win win for an environmentally conscious company! BTW if you havent noticed i am against the no handle deal :earboy2:. Formal request: bring back resort specific mugs. Still got the yellow ones from dixie landings (circa 199.......)

Another reason to love being a DVC member. We bring our own drinks and stock the fridge (and those don't have handles anyway). No need to worry about Handle-gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter