No thread about the handle-less mugs?

I think people (myself included) have become jaded a bit by how Disney conducts business over the past decade, we convince ourselves some egghead did a study that by removing the handles it will lead to greater revenue generation, by people not being able to carry as many mugs to fill.....yes its paranoid...but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised

There was a thread and it was even linked to by wdwinfo but a mod shut it down.

I like the new mugs. We don't carry them into the parks (why would you, you can't refill it unless you are using it for water only) and with out the handle it will actually serve a function once we get home. It'll fit in cup holders and if I wanted to carry it around I can put it in the bottle holder on my backpack. With the handle your only option was to clip it on something.

I didn't even know removing the handles was a thing. I don't tend to use the handle (I grip the cup around the middle) so it doesn't really affect me, but I can see how the handle could be a necessity for some people and kids. Losing the handle does make the cup more compact and easier to pack though.

I ripped the handle off of my last one so it would fit in the cup holder of our stroller. Good move on my end.

A non-issue for us. I'm not a big fan of the reusable mugs either way. Mind, we own a bunch of them.

I'd venture to say, the handles made them bulky to ship to WDW from the company that makes them. WDW will probably pay lower shipping costs.

I don't like no handle. As someone who takes all of our mugs to get filled, its much harder to carry 5 mugs without handles. I know a lot of people also clip them to bags and such to carry them. Its not really a mug without a handle.

OP you're a misguided soul to old mugs my Dis friend. Those handled things fit NOWHERE. Now we can fit them into our backpack sides, car cup holders and bicycle cup holders. The change is brilliant. Now let's all go find another good change to nuke Disney about.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter