No thread about the handle-less mugs?

A non-issue for us. I'm not a big fan of the reusable mugs either way. Mind, we own a bunch of them.

I'd venture to say, the handles made them bulky to ship to WDW from the company that makes them. WDW will probably pay lower shipping costs.

Funny thing is, it takes up the same exact amount of space. I believe they are still using Whirly mugs, and comparing these two styles (which I believe are accurate to the types in question) http://www.whirleydrinkworks.com/productinfo.php?prod-code=CM-16&cat=jw&sub=c and http://www.whirleydrinkworks.com/productinfo.php?prod-code=CM-16H&cat=jw&sub=c, both take the same exact amount of space to pack 75 in a shipper. (Click the details tab on the link) The only difference between the two is a slight bit of weight. And since they are dealing in pallets of mugs at once, potentially filling an entire truck, I'm not sure if there is any real cost savings on weight. At that volume they may just be charged on flat rate for the whole filled truck.

You can do that? I never thought that was possible.

Hacksaws are a wonderful thing.....

I really don't like the mugs and only get them because they are part of the dining plan. When I get home, I usually give or throw them away. I use to enjoy getting the mugs when they were made better and each resort had their logo incorporated in the design. I was really bummed when we stayed at the Polynesian and they had the new mug. The new mugs are rather lame. They are cheaply constructed and in my opinion, the designs are boring. I prefer the mugs with handles (after all, they are no longer mugs without handles). I think they should offer mugs and cups and that would make everyone happy.

Its basically glued on. I think there may have been 2 littles holes on the outside of the mug after it was pulled off. I would suggest doing that while it's empty.

I was in the unique situation where the change over happened right during my split stay. So I got the handle ones at our 1st resort, then the handle-less ones at the 2nd resort. And while I'm a big fan of the handle-less ones at home, they were a major PIA while there. As the designated drink-getter each morning, and having a collection of hot and cold beverages at once...trying to jockey 4 mugs without handles was difficult.

I really hope WDW comes to their senses and provides both as a choice.

Good news everyone...looks like handles are returning (according to this article)! http://www.chipandco.com/disney-world-souvenir-mug-handles-returning-246607/

My husband likes to think he is responsible for the comeback since he emailed Disney saying that if handles don't return, the sales of Mickey ice cream bars will dramatically decrease since he can't hold 2 mugs and eat one at the same time! He is sitting here patting himself on the back right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter