No ponchos on Frozen

My phone was built in a year that begins with a 2, and most assuredly is NOT ok getting wet, not even remotely ok. My DSLR . . . was an $800 plus investment which I have absolutely no intention of testing when it comes to water. A zip lock bag is a whole heck of a lot less expensive than either of those pieces of electronics, but to each their own. If you are comfortable sticking a thousand dollars worth of electronics in your pocket, and hopping on a water ride, more power to you.
Let's see... My compact system camera is an eos-m I paid $450 for but I could replace it for $300 if something beyond repair happens to it. My DSLR is an eos t4i , with a lens we're talking $600-ish. On a third to half our days in WDW I have both on me. I carry them in my Foxfire Safari style vest (they actually sell it in a couple shops in the parks). If a long soaking downpour starts or if I get completely drenched on kali river rapids I'll move them to my bag but otherwise I would rather have them close at hand in exchange for the small bit of risk of moisture damage.

I get it, some folks are more risk averse than I am. But the question came up concerning the water from the frozen ride ruining someone's camera and I'm just saying that this risk is actually very low.

I guess it isn't so much that I am averse to any risk, it is more that I don't see the point of taking the risk when I can easily mitigate it. I can open that zip lock bag in a matter of seconds if I want to take a picture. To each their own, and I'm not trying to say you are wrong, just doesn't make sense to me.

At the end of the day, each of us will do what we are comfortable with doing. I personally have never gotten even remotely wet on FeA. I did get a pretty good drenching on Pirates the last time I rode it though, and that too was a ride on which I had never gotten wet before. That is all the encouragement I need to keep my stuff protected lol.

If you are afraid to get wet don't go on a ride in a boat.

Pure postulation...such as It's a Small World, Storybook Land Canal Boats, Jungle Cruise, and the Liberty Belle? Like these, neither Maelstrom nor Pirates of the Caribbean were previously "water" rides so what changed?

Pure postulation...such as It's a Small World, Storybook Land Canal Boats, Jungle Cruise, and the Liberty Belle? Like these, neither Maelstrom nor Pirates of the Caribbean were previously "water" rides so what changed?
I've gotten wet on Pirates several times since 2002.

If the OP was afraid of getting wet to begin with, hence the need for the poncho, then she was aware of the risk.

If the OP was afraid of getting wet to begin with, hence the need for the poncho, then she was aware of the risk.
Of course I (though not the OP) am afraid of getting wet - you're right, that's why the need for a poncho. The sudden lack of ability to wear the poncho (according to OP) is what is confusing to people.

Have they fixed that issue with pirates? Or are people still getting fairly wet on that ride?

maelstrom.jpg
I want one of these but with the creepy kid with the knife gutting the fish lmao.

Beats me.

Even though I still read occasional reports about "wet guests" on Pirates,
we've made a couple of trips in the years since the original "boats with standing water on the floors and drenched front-row guests"
came up. On the multiple times we rode Pirates on those trips (all in the afternoons and evenings, so the boats had been in operation and made their rounds for hours) I paid special attention,
and the boats we rode in (and the other boats I observed) were all desert dry inside, seats and floors.

Last edited:
Have they fixed that issue with pirates? Or are people still getting fairly wet on that ride?

I rode Pirates three times last year. I got wet one time, when I was sitting in the back and a cannon ball "landed" in the water right next to me. But it wasn't a huge amount of water and I was fairly dry by the end of the ride.

The other two times, not a drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter