No ponchos on Frozen

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I'm a little annoyed that I was told I had to take off my poncho due to safety hazard on the frozen ride. I had read that you can get wet and I'm going to a fancy dinner so dressed up and not wanting to get wet. I ended up getting wet even on the back row. I don't understand when you can wear one on splash mountain and this is a slow movinf ride.

I mean safety overrules everything, even though idk what the safety issue is with a poncho on the ride. Maybe someone has snagged a poncho getting on or off and they fell so they banned them from the ride?

I personally haven't seen anyone wearing a poncho on the ride, but I also haven't seen anyone get wet on it.

HOW WET did you get? I wouldn't have even thought about it till this week. We didn't get wet at all

My whole left arm got really wet and I had put my poncho over me like a blanket. It just seems like an odd thing to ban since you can wear them on more intense rides. This one barely moves at all. And they have definitely sped up the boat since the last time I rode which I think is causing a bigger splash. I was on the left side. My boyfriend didn't get wet

We got thoroughly wet on this, too. I'm sad to hear ponchos aren't allowed...this was going to be my plan for the future. I'll have to bring dry clothes, I guess. Wearing wet shorts just isn't my idea of a fun day.

I will be very unhappy if this is true (not that I'm doubting the OP, but I mean if the CM was correct and they're all told to say this). I'm the one who posted in the other thread that I would gladly wear a poncho on this ride. I wear it on all water rides because I do not like having a soaked rear end all day, no matter how hot it is outside. I'm certainly going to try this in July and will report back.

Did you really get that wet? I mean I got a bit wet, I was on front row. But definitely not wet enough to worry about wearing a poncho in May. It's no Popeye at IOA is it!

I started the when did fea become a wet ride. I got soaked, lost a camera to water.. it wasn't a little wet, never seen or been wet on this before, it wasn't the few drops like maelstrom did, it was splash mountain wet and I had no clue it was coming or that camera would have been protected.

I don't know if they are banned, but every single cast member I encountered along the way to the ride said we were not allowed to wear it and when I asked why they said safety reasons. It was very annoying and I'd love to know if someone is allowed to wear there's. the ride definitely has the potential to get you really wet

I don't know if they are banned, but every single cast member I encountered along the way to the ride said we were not allowed to wear it and when I asked why they said safety reasons. It was very annoying and I'd love to know if someone is allowed to wear there's. the ride definitely has the potential to get you really wet
This annoys me enough that I'm going to send an email if I'm told the same thing in July.

Well, now we know. Not willing to risk getting wet, avoid FEA.

I wouldn't ask WDW to change safety protocol for my comfort, and there are plenty of their safety protocols with which I disagree.

10 of us rode FEA in Feb - we filled a boat. I got soaked. No one else got wet. It was pretty funny, all things considered. I had gotten soaked the day before on Splash too... but that was bc my daughter wanted to ride in the front row, then hid under me while all the water got me and she stayed mostly dry :D

Well, now we know. Not willing to risk getting wet, avoid FEA.

I wouldn't ask WDW to change safety protocol for my comfort, and there are plenty of their safety protocols with which I disagree.
Can you tell me how it's dangerous to wear a poncho on this ride because I really don't understand it. It's slow moving. On splash mountain where you go down a major drop you are allowed to wear one. How is that one okay but this one isn't? Really doesn't make any sense to me

I honestly thought the reason for no ponchos on rides were to prevent parents from sneaking on babies onto rides that had height requirements. As for rides with no height requirements like Frozen, I'm not too sure. Possibly to prevent small service animals from getting on? Since they probably can't ride with the drops anyway (same with Pirates).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter