News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very interesting. If they set that all aside as protected land it frees up a large amount land they can develop now. But when you drive around the property it doesn’t really feel like there is a huge area that they could develop left? I’m sure somebody has a good map somewhere showing undeveloped land that can still be used.
There is certainly a lot of land that can still be developed on WDW property.

Very interesting. If they set that all aside as protected land it frees up a large amount land they can develop now. But when you drive around the property it doesn’t really feel like there is a huge area that they could develop left? I’m sure somebody has a good map somewhere showing undeveloped land that can still be used.

Below is the best map I could find quickly of the boundaries of the WDW property (the gray area). No idea what land is usable for building/good quality/not sink holes but looks like a lot of land west of World Drive (so South of the golf courses and the MK Parking lot and North of Coronado Springs). Also a good sized L-shaped plot of land if you look East of World drive and west of the Campsites and then down around south of them and north of the EPCOT parking lot.

I think that later location could be interesting as would fit with the field buildings as the former airport site that recently were reported to be building up and then if there is a new Hotel at the front of EPCOT it could be close to a new park there too

(just really spitballing here though)

WDW_Area_RoadMap.jpg

Below is the best map I could find quickly of the boundaries of the WDW property (the gray area). No idea what land is usable for building/good quality/not sink holes but looks like a lot of land west of World Drive (so South of the golf courses and the MK Parking lot and North of Coronado Springs). Also a good sized L-shaped plot of land if you look East of World drive and west of the Campsites and then down around south of them and north of the EPCOT parking lot.

I think that later location could be interesting as would fit with the field buildings as the former airport site that recently were reported to be building up and then if there is a new Hotel at the front of EPCOT it could be close to a new park there too

WDW_Area_RoadMap.jpg

A lot of the undeveloped land has other issues that have kept it undeveloped. The two best sites for major construction that are underutilized are STOLport and the TTC parking lot (which is currently designed to divert flooding waters in a major event). The rest of the useable plots have allot of varying issues, sinkholes, swamp, etc.
The red land is the best for building.

Attachments

• IMG_6895.JPG
    IMG_6895.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_6896.JPG
    IMG_6896.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 113

There is a map somewhere that shows suitable and not suitable land. This purchase is just to offset the wetland properties they can't use.

A lot of the undeveloped land has other issues that have kept it undeveloped. The two best sites for major construction that are underutilized are STOLport and the TTC parking lot (which is currently designed to divert flooding waters in a major event). The rest of the useable plots have allot of varying issues, sinkholes, swamp, etc.
Exactly the map I was looking for thanks!

If you notice the DHS portion of this map the new parking lot is on an unsuitable portion.

Thanks for sharing this map!

And I am glad I looks at the Key in the second image as my first thought was "green" means "good to go" and "red" was "bad, can't use it", but it is actually the reverse

If you notice the DHS portion of this map the new parking lot is on an unsuitable portion.

Could that be before they built up so much fill from the pond next to fireworks launch across World Drive? It was all low lying swamp before that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter