News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh...it's just not the same as locating the same mug in the parks. Takes the fun out of it, for me anyway. I can say for sure that every time I take a sip of my coffee, it's in an actual mug that was in a Disney park! Each to his own though.
I do agree but for the infrequent visitor I'm sure this is a great bonus. Plus you don't pay the markup on Amazon. The downside for us is that they don't accept (as far I would think) Starbucks gift cards on ShopDisney (which is the only reason we have any Starbucks gift cards so we can buy You Are Here Mugs).

If I could have bought the old design (pre-September 2017) of DHS and AK on ShopDisney I would have in a heartbeat.

That being said I know we forgot to get our You Are Here mug from D.C. when we were there a couple years ago. I've often thought about paying the markup on Amazon and getting it.

ETA: I should also note when I was there in September you couldn't get the AK and DHS mugs because they were being redesigned........Luckily @AMusicLifeForMe was able to get both for me when he was going on a trip not too long after I got back but otherwise I would have had to rely on Amazon once they were available on there and pay the markup so ShopDisney would have helped me out there too.

Ahhh...it's just not the same as locating the same mug in the parks. Takes the fun out of it, for me anyway. I can say for sure that every time I take a sip of my coffee, it's in an actual mug that was in a Disney park! Each to his own though.

Totally agree. I'm only buying a "you are here" mug if I am "here"! To me that's the point of the souvenir aspect of it.

Totally agree. I'm only buying a "you are here" mug if I am "here"! To me that's the point of the souvenir aspect of it.

Well it does say, "you are here".
I guess for a gift, only if you forgot or did not have enough room in the luggage, they wouldn't have to know. ;)

NEWS

Price increase for premium dining experiences and more on Disney Cruise Line

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...C-K7LYK5r28ctnBRWtKfHqlGsKh3bykBOJJ9N77XkIIVs

new-disney-cruise-massage-dining-prices.jpg
I'm glad I ate at Palo on Wednesday and not on Friday.

No I haven't, but 100% agree with it. I didn't know about the temp track thing (well I knew they used temp tracks, but not how it affects the score). However, I knew that the reason Marvel movies aren't memorable is pretty on purpose, and while "safe" is the way it's described, it's more to do with wanting the music to fit from film to film with eachother. The one "flaw" if there is a flaw to the MCU is that method of keeping the whole machine very neutralized, from the style of shooting to costumes to the editing. Even the movies that are "out there" like Doctor Strange really aren't all that out there. It's just most noticeable with the score.

Watching the video when they ask "hum something from a Marvel movie" all I thought of was "Ooga Shaka, Ooga Shaka, Ooga, Ooga, Ooga Shaka"

Like everything else it's a pretty copycat industry. A lot of what we are hearing now stems from "Dark Night"-ing of movie soundtracks - and the popularity of the sounds of Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard who composed it. In fact I mentioned the Pirates soundtrack - but even that isn't THAT original, as he ripped himself off from both "The Rock" and "Gladiator".

This conversation made me think of Thor:Ragnarok - which actually did some unique stuff with score getting Mark Mothersbaugh and they put some pretty funky stuff into it. But still not all that memorable.

Yeah, those like 4 bars from the credit roll are fairly familiar, but I wouldn't exactly call them catchy.

That first Thor: Ragnarok clip sounded like the theme from Stranger Things.

So the dirt, germ, and grime conversation started with a discussion about the germs on the shampoo bottles. Think about this and see if it blows your mind... Soap is self cleansing. Have you ever questioned if soap can get dirty? It is somewhat of a mind bender. Soap does get dirty! This doesn't seem to be much of a problem, though. A number of studies have been done on the matter in which test subjects were given bars of soap laden with E. coli and other bacteria and instructed to wash up. None of the studies found any evidence of bacteria transfer from the soap to the subjects' hands. Feel safe and free to use the soap in the dispenser.
I don’t think that they were questioning the soap as much as the container itself

So the dirt, germ, and grime conversation started with a discussion about the germs on the shampoo bottles. Think about this and see if it blows your mind... Soap is self cleansing. Have you ever questioned if soap can get dirty? It is somewhat of a mind bender. Soap does get dirty! This doesn't seem to be much of a problem, though. A number of studies have been done on the matter in which test subjects were given bars of soap laden with E. coli and other bacteria and instructed to wash up. None of the studies found any evidence of bacteria transfer from the soap to the subjects' hands. Feel safe and free to use the soap in the dispenser.

This makes me think about an episode of Friends where they’re arguing about using the same toothbrush and Joey compares it to using the same soap. “Soap is soap. It’s self-cleaning”. “Oh yeah? Just think about the last thing I wash and the first thing you wash.”

Did you fly? They say one of the most contaimenated area is the tray table. Also the seat back pouch.
Yes I flew, but I also wipe down the tray tables armrest entertainment screens and seat backs with a little disposable bleach pack. That's usually sufficient, I'm not obsessive about germs or anything, but traveling I know I'm exposed to things that I'm not exposed to in my own area. So I do what I can, and wash my hands and take my zinc. This trip, it didn't work. But I had a blast anyway.

Storybook dining at Artist Point started today. They play a song and there are lighting effects when the characters come out. The Evil Queen is a post meal meet like the Beast at BOG.

Saw on WDWNTs Twitter (they are there) that you get a signature card (shaped like an apple) but characters will sign other things when they come around as well

Also there is an extra dessert after the regular dessert that they bring around in the huntsman chest

@WDWNT: As a second dessert course, here is Snow White’s heart, a special gift from the Huntsman to the Evil Queen https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1074434675668590592/photo/1

Just saw the DIS tweet that they are just sitting down to dinner there now

Saw on WDWNTs Twitter (they are there) that you get a signature card (shaped like an apple) but characters will sign other things when they come around as well

Also there is an extra dessert after the regular dessert that they bring around in the huntsman chest

@WDWNT: As a second dessert course, here is Snow White’s heart, a special gift from the Huntsman to the Evil Queen https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1074434675668590592/photo/1

I have it booked post Dopey Challenge in January so hopefully the food reviews are good.

That will go over so well. What was Disney thinking? I bet it is gone within 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter