News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s kinda premature to have a “Star Wars tour” in the studios when the main draw to said tour (the land) is still a construction zone. But people must sign up for it so :confused3
The tour has been around for a while now. It used to include the dessert party with it but now it doesn't.

The tour has been around for a while now. It used to include the dessert party with it but now it doesn't.
Gotcha. I could actually see it being worth it with the party chipped in, but not so much as is. Again, I guess some people dig it or they wouldn’t offer it

Pixar play parade is sort of a bland parade. Much prefer Soundsational. The new floats don't make me want to see it.

I always thought IOA just had deeper theming of its lands - never thought of the book thing but it doesn't complete fit. Kong? Lost continent? Even Jurrasic park, though originally a book I would say it's nothing without the movie.

Someone mentioned nostalgia. We went to universal last in 1997 and IOA in 2000. US has literally 2 rides left that were there 20 years ago. Hard to keep nostalgia when your IP doesn't hold up over time.

I'm sure Universal will have transportation and I *think* it's been talked about before on here what options they may use but I forget. Buses would seem the easiest but it would be great if they utilized a variety of options. One thing that had me thinking is if they would replicate what they have for their existing parks as far as a central parking garage structure(s) for the additional stuff OR if they would opt for parking lots. Parking garage would be better usage for space IMO. And it makes me wonder if people could just opt to park in the new area and take transportation to the other original parks and then 'hop' so to speak back to the new parts.

Transportation from the existing Universal Orlando resort to the expansion property is a big unknown. That area is already pretty congested. Adding dozens of buses to those roads only going to make it worse.

Unlike at Walt Disney World with their unusual Reedy Creek set-up, the roads to/from the new Universal property are public. And, they are lined with lots of businesses. You'll find hotels/motels, retail, food, light industrial, and offices. (Even Disney operates a facility in that area where hundreds of Cast Members work on a daily basis.) I could easily envision law suits if some of those businesses decide that Universal transportation adversely affect their ability to operate.

The previously announced hotels at the old Wet N Wild site shouldn't be an issue. They are right off of Universal Blvd. It's a short trip over Interstate 4. I don't believe there are any other businesses who would be adversely affected by a constant stream of buses.

Edited to Add: I don't know if there is a precedent for private businesses using public roadways to transport people/goods between two private properties at the levels required in this situation. Therefore, I don't know if a lawsuit is just.

Last edited:
Pixar parade looks amazing. So Disneyland has paint the night and this for a day time parade.....and WDW has a day time parade (that’s great, too).

Didn't Paint the Night move over to DCA?

I will point out at one point WDW had FIVE parades (if we go all the way back to Tapestry of Nations - which admittedly was only around for 2 years and that was 17 years ago) but even as recently as 5 years ago had FOUR and now has one - which is pretty pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter