News Round Up 2017

I guess I find that concept underwhelming. I would find it better had they managed to create a whole village of these AA's
That would cost as much as the floating mountains probably. The tech is so new I'm guessing it was hard enough to get just that one perfected.

I guess I find that concept underwhelming. I would find it better had they managed to create a whole village of these AA's

I think this whole discussion is taking place more on the Pandora thread, but just to add my two cents: Having ridden the ride, I actually found the AA underwhelming and the rest of the ride totally fascinating. Clearly YMMV and my opinion does not seem to be the norm in regards to the AA, but I would definitely re-ride for scenery and experience alone.

I think this whole discussion is taking place more on the Pandora thread, but just to add my two cents: Having ridden the ride, I actually found the AA underwhelming and the rest of the ride totally fascinating. Clearly YMMV and my opinion does not seem to be the norm in regards to the AA, but I would definitely re-ride for scenery and experience alone.

I'm in agreement, the scenery,bioluminescence and the flora and fauna were all excellent. The only complaint I had about River Journey is it's too short.

I'm sorry if this has been reported.

Let the Paint the Night rumors begin again:

WDW News Today is reporting that sources at the Disneyland Resort told them that the very popular nighttime parade, Paint the Night, is packed and ready to be sent to an unknown location. They think that the location will be Walt Disney World.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/05/rumor-paint-night-electrical-parade-packed-leave-disneyland-going/

I would pee myself if it somehow got here before my July trip. I just find it unlikely as HEA is enough of a new draw. PTN plus HEA sure would help pull the night crowds from Pandora. I know this is crazy, but what if they put it in DHS or Epcot?

k, but, here's my thing. Disclaimer: I have not stepped foot into Pandora... yet. However, the River Journey seems to focus on this one of a kind AA. In fact, it's the pinnacle of the ride. You take a slow moving ride through, albeit impressive, projection and scenery, to see ONE animatronic singing a song flailing away and then get off the ride. That, to me, is very underwhelming. Now, had they had a WHOLE RIDE of these animatronics, I might be a little more impressed. I'm not really understanding the point of this ride. FOP, even though I have not ridden, and possibly may not be able to (fingers crossed :wizard: that I've dropped enough lbs) I think is impressive and that just uses tech we already have.

I don't know, but the river ride may be one of those one and done kinda deals.

Disclaimer: I haven't been there yet either - but from what I have been reading, the river ride really builds towards the shamen, while that is the only AA, there is a lot going on ... so I think I could see a couple of ride on it first trip (just as there is supposed to be a lot of detail so hard to catch all the first time) and then sort of a once-a-trip thing for that ride - which is really the case for a lot of secondary rides

Avatar is getting very positive reviews. Most say photos dot do the land justice.

Yes the boat ride is short but everyone says the AA is incredible. Other than some issues with the restraint flight of passage has good reviews too. There are numerous reviews out there.

Even when I try to be objective...you fall into the snare...

Who's "most"? Objective reviews are near impossible where the "news" comes from...

I said I'd take my time and I'm gonna try to...maybe a few months for shake down.

I've read flyerjab twice...and I'm on the fence there...

What animal kingdom needs is heavy hitters to drive attendance and justify the cost of the park.

"Immersive theming" has become a bit of red herring there, has it not?

Don't believe me...it's disney that has been wrestling with this since 1999...you can choose not to think they are concerned with the money and lack of punch...but that simply isn't true.

So, does it give a peaceful and coolness vibe that one would get years ago on the Land boat ride where all of those plants were around and the growing tech so new? It's like a place of calm in a sea of Disney insanity outside?

k, but, here's my thing. Disclaimer: I have not stepped foot into Pandora... yet. However, the River Journey seems to focus on this one of a kind AA. In fact, it's the pinnacle of the ride. You take a slow moving ride through, albeit impressive, projection and scenery, to see ONE animatronic singing a song flailing away and then get off the ride. That, to me, is very underwhelming. Now, had they had a WHOLE RIDE of these animatronics, I might be a little more impressed. I'm not really understanding the point of this ride. FOP, even though I have not ridden, and possibly may not be able to (fingers crossed :wizard: that I've dropped enough lbs) I think is impressive and that just uses tech we already have.

I don't know, but the river ride may be one of those one and done kinda deals.

My point is that we won't really know what this is till we get some normal customer type consensus...

Ap holders, disboard ruling council, the Orlando sentinel, cast members, and igers kids don't represent an accurate portrayal for what animal kingdom needs: reasons for average people to divert days away from mk and MGM and drive hard attendance numbers up.

My guess those that have already spoken root for the laundry too much

So, does it give a peaceful and coolness vibe that one would get years ago on the Land boat ride where all of those plants were around and the growing tech so new? It's like a place of calm in a sea of Disney insanity outside?

If that's true...there won't be much disney insanity outside and that's not good.

Ok...no more talk of this from me.

Even when I try to be objective...you fall into the snare...

Who's "most"? Objective reviews are near impossible where the "news" comes from...

I said I'd take my time and I'm gonna try to...maybe a few months for shake down.

I've read flyerjab twice...and I'm on the fence there...

What animal kingdom needs is heavy hitters to drive attendance and justify the cost of the park.

"Immersive theming" has become a bit of red herring there, has it not?

Don't believe me...it's disney that has been wrestling with this since 1999...you can choose not to think they are concerned with the money and lack of punch...but that simply isn't true.
Read the micechat Kevin Yee review, I think that's pretty fair. Or the Jim Hill/Len Testa review.

Yes I think calming/pleasant would be the best way to put it.

I'm a little late to the discussion but just wanted to add an idea about the Hall of Presidents. I have no real opinion about whether DT should have a speaking role or not but it might be interesting if every show had a randomly selected president to give the big final speech. Then all the audio that was/is recorded for the past few and future presidents wouldn't go to waste as the years go by.

I would say peaceful and cool vibe, yes. It kind of takes your mind out of everything that was happening, at least for four minutes or so. As far as the Land boat ride, I never got the chance to experience that, unfortunately. I'm a rather new WDW fan (like, reaaallly new) and don't have a lot of history with the rides and lands. I'm much more familiar with DLR, but I've done my best to jump right into everything and learn as much as I can. I would say River Journey to me has the same effect as the Storybook Canal ride at DLR: transports me, lots of detail to look at, feels relaxed, cool story, but short. River Journey also has tons more technology and it's done very well. The vibes are different on the rides but it's the best I could think to compare it to. Storybook Canals is one of my favorite rides, and I'll make a point to ride River Journey again on my next trip.

I know a lot of people want to judge it by taking the length of time it took into consideration and I get that, but for me personally, I only found out about it last year so it just seems super cool. I can understand that for those who've waited years in anticipation, River Journey might disappoint, particularly in length.

Granted, I'm fairly new to posting on these boards, but I've followed the boards for quite a while before I even signed up. Maybe this isn't the right thread to post in, but in the last few weeks, some of these threads seem to turn into bashing sessions. It's totally ok if you have a different opinion than someone else, if you hate pandora, hate this, hate that, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I never viewed these forums as a bashing forum when I began to look at it, but it seems to have taken a turn lately. Everyone has the own idea of what they like to see happen with the parks in the future, but I've never seen any positive come out of trying to belittle someone or be condescending in your replies to them just because they don't agree with your opinion. We're all Disney fans in some form or fashion, so let's try to focus on that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter