News Round Up 2017

I'm of the opinion it's best to keep it to the historical greats. Current and recent presidents are much more polarizing now in our political climate. Allowing things to cool off and focus on the office of the presidency is a better approach to that attraction. Plus different administrations have different approaches to outside media and this keeps it simple. As a side note, I think people can find controversy in just about anything if they look hard enough. The minute you start to bring your personal beliefs into business and acting like you're being persecuted is the minute you start losing respect. I guess celebrities and politicians are too used to being coddled these days.
I would RATHER hear from historical presidents. We have youtube we can listen to the current ones any time haha

I'm of the opinion it's best to keep it to the historical greats. Current and recent presidents are much more polarizing now in our political climate. Allowing things to cool off and focus on the office of the presidency is a better approach to that attraction. Plus different administrations have different approaches to outside media and this keeps it simple. As a side note, I think people can find controversy in just about anything if they look hard enough. The minute you start to bring your personal beliefs into business and acting like you're being persecuted is the minute you start losing respect. I guess celebrities and politicians are too used to being coddled these days.
True, but they decided to do it in 1993 (wouldn't be too big of a hooplah had they not chosen to change that formula to begin with) and have done it ever since. Like I said at this point if going by number of years the attraction has had a longer time of the tradition of the current presidents speaking. But I get what you're saying.

They've only done the last 3 Presidents. Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush weren't recorded. More haven't than have since opening. I don't think it's a big deal if they stop to avoid the hassle. As it is I've heard people boo all 3 of the recorded Presidents at various times. Might be better just to give it a rest.

I have to agree with this. There are presidents I've absolutely despised, but I wouldn't have booed an animatronic version of that president. Honestly, Nixon's Checkers speech would be less controversial.

I know Pete is onboard. He said that DCL was helping people with flights who had booked through DCL and also with those who had not. I'm not sure what the policy is either.

For as much grief as they get, US airlines are uniformly good at helping out travelers that miss their flights. What they are required to do is in each airlines' Contract of Carriage. It usually says that if you miss your flight on a non-refundable ticket, you're on your own.

However, in practice almost all airlines will assist travelers in getting on the next flight without any additional fees. The only people that might experience issues are if they have tickets on Spirit or Frontier. Those ultra-low-cost carriers have business models that basically don't include any actual customer service.

Disney Cruise Line buys lots of tickets on the major airlines. They have an entire department dedicated to fixing issues with airline tickets. I have no doubt that they are working hard to get everyone home...even those people who purchased tickets on their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter