Newbie with questions about buying into SSR

Sunny37

DIS Veteran
Is there currently a promotion for new buyers who purchase SSR DVC points? Does anyone know the current price per point and how long is the purchase process from start to finish if I pay with a check instead of financing?

Also, if I buy 150 points, what will my dues/fees cost me annually?

Thanks!

Is there currently a promotion for new buyers who purchase SSR DVC points? Does anyone know the current price per point?

Also, if I buy 150 points, what will my dues/fees cost me annually?

Thanks!

Yes, there is a friends and family promotion going on where if you are referred by an existing member you can get a credit of $15.00 per point so it would be $86.00 per point with a minimum buy in of 150 points.

I pm'd you alot of details and my guides contact information in case you don't have one yet.

I'm not sure offhand what the dues are, I'll have to look that up.

This promotion is only good until the 20th of this month.

$101 per point
Current promotion is $15 off per point, making it $86 per point
$86 per point * 150 points = $12900

Dues for SSR this year are $4.12 per point
For 150 points thats $4.12x 150 = $618
If you have them take it monthly, thats $51.50 per month

Dues go up a little smidge each year.. so expect that $618 number to eek up a little bit over the years.

--Heather

Dues for SSR this year are $4.12 per point
For 150 points thats $4.12x 150 = $618
If you have them take it monthly, thats $51.50 per month

Dues go up a little smidge each year.. so expect that $618 number to eek up a little bit over the years.

I actually just posted a detailed example of cost of ownership in the following thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1320287

The cost of points at SSR is artificially low right now due to the subsidy of Disney owned interest in the resort. When it is completed the estimated cost of annual dues are expected to be on par with OKW which is currently $4.40 and increasing at a rate of 3.61% per year.

Honestly, there are a lot of SSR contracts already for sale at The TIMESHARE Store and IMHO it is the best way to go as far as purchasing a contract. I know that all of my future purchases will be through them.

I'm not sure about the time to complete the closing these days, as it was a long time ago that we bought our contract but I'm sure it wouldn't take long. If I remember correctly we had all of our documentation and signed contracts with mortgage agreement within a couple of days. Our bonus for buying at Boardwalk was DVC payed for our 7 day stay at the Disney Institute. Told you it was a long time ago ;)

We just closed on SSR timeshare, friends and family promotion was 86$ a share and I think that runs out 1/20 Good Luck:cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter