Newbie Intro

Disney4Drew

<font color=deeppink>I better do a few things befo
Hi all...I'm so glad to have found this board and all of you with your great resources! Anyway, my name is Trisha, and we are taking our first family trip to Disney with our 3 year old son (he'll turn four a couple weeks after we get back), Drew pirate: . We are going at the beginning of November, so I am hoping for low crowds and mild-ish weather! Any input would be great! Also, we are going to MVMCP on Nov 13, so any helpful tips on that would be wonderful, too!! I can't wait to go! :banana:

Hi, MVMXP can be very crowed so for the parade get a good spot about 45 mintues before. You might like to have dinner at Tony's then wait outside for the parade. It gets bad when you leave so don't wait till the last mintue because of your son. Have a wonderful time. :love: :love: party: party: party:

Hi, Trish, from one Mountaineer to another (I am originally from Parkersburg). You will learn much and become addicted just like the rest of us DISers!

:wave: :welcome:

My DS 16 and I are going to WDW in 33 days. We will be staying at BC for six days and then we going on the Disney WOnder for three additional days and nights.

Welcome! :wave:

Congratulations on your upcoming trip to Disney, and on finding the DIS boards. This is a great resource, and I'm sure you will find TONS of useful info. I particularly like the 'Disney for Families' and 'Disney Tips' boards for planning a trip. Just beware-- the DIS is addictive.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the welcome! I already AM addicted, LOL!! I have started to plan our trip for next year....DH thinks I bumped my head or something! I have made all our ADRs and have started an itinerary and am reading and highlighting the Unofficial Guide!

The last time we went as a family was April 2002 and my kids were 3 1/2 and 5 and we took my mom who had never been and we had such a great time, but hubby told me since it is so expensive we couldn't go again for 5 years, well.... 5 years is almost here and I am planning it now although not much planning going on since I can't book any packages yet. But I just found these boards today also and already I can't stop reading them. By the way my newest son who will just have turned 2 when we go in April of 2007 is named Drew also. Have a great time.

Welcome to the DIS Tricia! Drew is an excellent name! It also happens to be my middle name, so I'm a bit biased there.

The best advice I could give you is to do some regular walking long before you head to WDW. The place is huge! Disneyland in CA is fairly compact, but this place is all spread out. So pack comfy walking shoes and that pre-trip exercise is very helpful. Also, be sure to drink water throughout the day and keep sunscreen on. I'd wear a hat too. You'll still get plenty of sun if you are hoping to get a tan, but don't be one of those poor sun burned and miserable folks out there. I always carry water on me and I use one of those water bottle carry straps that Disney sells though you can hit wallmart and save some $$$. The point is you don't want to get dehydrated. Thats nasty. Ugh.

Hmmmm November. Good month to go. Fairly cool yet not really because of the humidity. But take that with a grain of salt as I'm here in Colorado with very dry air. Oooohhhhh you'll be there for the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival!!!! I wish we were going this year! You MUST attend it! Make ressies for sake and sushi pairing in Japan. It is the best! And all those free wine tasting seminars! You are sooo lucky!

Have fun and have a drink and a toast for ole' Darian at the Rose & Crown!

:wave: Tricia & :welcome:

My dd was 3 when we went. I would suggest taking a stroller--even an umbrella one because when they get tired they get tired fast! I would suggest an umbrella one as apposed to renting because you can take it with you & fold it up quickly & its not too heavy.

Hope you have lots of fun. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter