newbe to seaworld. how long to see it all?

geoffgill80

Earning My Ears
hello, my family (daughter 14, daughter 16, wife) is going to US/IOA staying at the hh this august for 4 nites, then off to the beach club for 7 nights. We are Disney veterans but hav'nt been to universal or seaworld in almost 20 years.

here is my question........ right now i have tickets for one day at seaworld and 3 days park-park for universal. we arrive early on a Wednesday and transfer to Disney on Sunday. that gives us 2 3/4 days at US/IOA and the one day at Disney. Should I add (for fairly short $$) a 4th day to my US tickets?? How long will it take us to tour Seaworld? I am thinking if Seaworld is a fairly short day (there at open, tour to 4 or 5?) we may want to go to US/IOA in the evening.

any info would be appreciated!!

It depends on which day in august. If you are there while summer nights is still going on it will be a full day open to close. They have night shows that start after dark and they are different from the day shows. Also the reason it takes a while to finish even on an early day is because of the way they space out the shows. Some don't start first thing in the morning. For us Seaworld is a full day park but one full day and you should do everything. They are busy during the summer but its nothing like the other parks.

For us it was a one day but we also did not see everything. We also have much younger kids and a bigger family. And we had a private meet and greet with a dolphin after the first dolphin show. When we were there the Shamu show was only 2 times a day and we missed the first one so we had to wait until 530pm for the second one. The park closed at 6. So yeah, you would have to look at showtimes to figure out how long a day you would stay. I wouldn't plan another thing on that day. We went back to where we were staying, ate dinner, and went to bed early.

I have no Idea about how long it will take to tour the parks as I have the same question myself, but check into the Orlando Flex tickets if you plan on having 4-5 days at Universal/Seaworld/Bushgardens it could be a big savings.

I have no Idea about howl long it will take to tour the parks I have the same question myself but check into the Orlando Flex tickets if you plan on having 4-5 days at Universal/Seaworld/Bushgardens it could be a big savings.

I think the OP mentioned he already has tickets, but the flex tickets are worth it if you plan to hit the water parks as well. Otherwise, cheaper to pay for US & SW separately.

OP, for us SW is an all day park as well. It all depends on the time of the shows and how many shows there are per day. Are your DD's thrill seekers? If so, calculate time for the rides. IMO, Manta is the best coaster in the Orlando area. There are many animal exhibits to see as well. We took our time and enjoyed all of what SW had to offer.

DW, D'Sis and I were recently in Orlando (December 2010) and did WDW/Universal/Sea World. With all the additions, expansions and upgrades Universal is doing at the moment, you should be fine with 3 days. We had 3 day PtP tickets and were able to do everything we wanted. By the time you go, hopefully one of the new additions (Transformers 3-D) will be open. Love this ride. We did it at Universal Hollywood.

Sea world is at lest an all day park for us, really two days , the shows take up more time than you think and pretty much all of them are worth seeing. We also got the Orlando flex tickets and loved them! Go to as many parks as you want , changes parks during the day if you want, good for 14 days. It was a great value .

I will be another vote for at least one full day at SeaWorld (we would do more, but that's just us.....while we very much enjoyed US and IOA, we :love: SW). There is plenty to see and do to fill one entire day, open to close. If your kids are coaster lovers, they will want to do Manta more than once!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter