NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
Would someone consider starting a thread for the "ins and outs" of the Wilderness Lodge? I am new to pertinent info (and don't have any pics to scan) re: this fabulous resort....anyone out there up to the task???
(If you want this to be the beginning, I will change the thread "name"):)

ADDENDUM:
Okay, guys, this is an OPEN INVITATION for any DIS'er who is particularly fond and knowledgeable of the WL. We need those posts - many of us are 1st timers to WL and only YOU can give us the DIRT!! So start posting....(all pics and links welcome, too:D )

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

(Note to those of you new to this thread: due to a "misunderstanding" between two CM's at WL, one of these DIS'ers had her user name deleted, causing all of her posts to be deleted also...just a simple explanation as for why some of the "Q's-and-A's" may seem a little strange when reading them!)

Floor plans (don't know how to put the actual floor plan here) http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/resorts/rooms/roomgroupingindex?id=WILDRoomGrping

Pictures www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/rescc/costcalc.asp?pageFunction=researcher&resId=WL&submit1=go!We

From MKingdom-
stayed in 3159 and 3161...a long and winding path from the lobby at the end of a long day, but with a great balcony view of the pool, geyser, and electric water pageant.
http://www.amsbaugh.com/photos/jr_a...orld/Disney.htm

Room 7052 on the concierge level has a view of the Contemporary and Space Mountain (fireworks can be seen from this room)

From 999ghsts - Your standard rooms are floors 4, 5, and 6 in the first wing on the North...MK...side, these are all the rooms that directly look over the service area also the 4th floor rooms over the front desk are standard view rooms, they all look at roof peaks.
***Standard rooms DO NOT have King Beds, They are NOT
located on any floors lower than 4 and they are ALL non smoking****

Woods view rooms (also refered to as Lodgeview) are located above the Whispering Canyon (in the Lobby) floors 4, 5 and 6...these look out at trees, they above the front desk floors 5 and 6 also looking at trees, the first wing on the SOuth side floors 1, 2, 3, 4,5 and 6 facing the trees between the Lodge and the Villas and the rooms on the North wing facing MK floors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 these rooms overlook the "otter pond" and face towards MK with some (only a handful) being able to see the Magic Kingdom

Courtyard rooms are the inner section of the building they can be in the lobby, down the North or South wing facing in towards the Wilderness Lodge Pool, they can be the end of the hallways facing out towards the Lake or they can be the South wing facing the Villas and the Quiet Pool Courtyard.

Concierge is the 7th floor (7th floor also contains the Vice and
Presidential suites and the HOneymoon suites) there is no "Designated view" for these rooms they are all priced the same but you can still request a particular view.

Deluxe rooms are what was once called the Junior suites they are at the end of the hallways and are also not view specific (they can be woods view or courtyard). These do have connecting rooms in woods or courtyard avalaible as well.

Side Notes...
*The resort is primarily NON smoking, the only rooms that are smoking are the rooms on the 5th floor South wing (Villas Wing).
*95% of the King bed rooms are Handicap accessible meaning they DO NOT have tubs (just a roll in shower).
*There is only 1 set of (woods view) rooms that have connecting
bunks(meaning BOTH rooms have a set of bunks and a queen bed)...The resort is set up to have a room with 1 queen and a set of bunk connect to a room with 2 queens...or connect to 1 king (there are some that are 2 queen connecting to 2 queen and or 2 queen connecting to 1 king....there is also one set of King connecting to King)
* The lobby of the resort is actually the second floor so if you have a first floor room on the Villas side you actually have to walk halfway down the 2nd floor hallway to the elevator and go "down" to your room.
The 1st floor on the MK side are acessed via a ramp that slopes down past the restaurants. In this same reference the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors on the MK side can not be accessed by the main lobby elevator you would need to go past all the restaurants and use the elevator by Roaring Forks.
* Dormer balconies are ALL of the 7th floor and some of the 6th. The 7th floor does not extend out as far therefore the last wing on both sides on the 6th floor has the dormer balconies. The 1st and 2nd (and some portions of the 3rd floor) in certain locations also have dormer balconies as they are blocked in by the Brick used to create the "look" of the resort. You can usually find this at the ends of the hallway (where it "T's" before the next hallway begins.

My favorite rooms are:
Standard view over the front desk (they do look at the roof but you don't have the beeping of the trucks at night)
Woods view MK side overlooking the otter pond
Courtyard I don't really have a favorite, but If I had to pick it would be the South wing inner courtyard 4th floor

OK, we have 3 interested parties, and still no faqs! Please, someone?

Okay, I'm interested too. I'd love to know *which* CM 999ghosts is (or at least what dept they work in!) Do people never say hi?

Let's get cracking on this FAQ thread!

John :bounce:

I, too, would be interested in a faq's thread. We are staying there in June and would love to know everything there is to know about the WL.

Sue

...obviously we have more than a few DIS'ers out there who have inquiring minds when it comes to the WL....let's send out some EXTRA SPECIAL PIXIE DUST * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * to 999ghosts so that he/she(???) will oblige.

(REMEMBER: chant to yourself [it'll make the pixie dust more effective:D ] "We want a WL FAQ thread, we want a WL FAQ thread, we want a WL FAQ thread........" is it working yet???)

HI, I would like to know alot about WL. Can any of you WL lovers help me choose the best location for a room? I Have courtyard veiw and I do not know anything about the location except it looks over the pool. I read on a post that that does not mean you will be near the pool. I thought that is what I payed extra for. Cann you help??? I want to be close to the pool and a nice veiw but not to high up and close to the hot tubs. I want alot huh? All you WL experts please help us learn more about this resort. thanks corvair

...corvair, we'll SOMEHOW get your post answered. After all, isn't that why we have this FABULOUS DISBOARD????

Be patient - I'm sure someone will pull thru......Let's get this "baby" off the ground!!:wave:

corvair.. DH and I were in rm 1163 just this month...pool & snack bar just outside of rm......also we were very close to door leading outside...I thought it would be extemely noisey at night for sleeping but wasnt that bad....DS and fam. in next rm (connecting) with bunk beds...hope this helps. We have also been on the sixth floor (dormer rms) the view is gorgeous. We love the LODGE..

I am no authority thats for sure but I LOVE the LODGE...I would sleep in the lobby if I could...just stayed there this month. I dont think the bunk beds can be moved..G-kids have slept in them the last few trips...ladder is built into the beds at the end...rails around the top .. I think the dormer rms. on the sixth floor have a great view and of course the balcony in enclosed around lower section..one problem with this was little kids want ing to stand on the chairs to see parade and part of the fireworks. Artist Point is lovely and the food superb..great atmosphere. We love Wispering Canyon..its great fun...ate at the snack bar this time it was ok... kids love the pool and the slide...i even went down...yikes.....

..thank you for such an honest post. Basically, what we are trying to start here is a perspective for the "feel" of this resort. Many of us will be visiting this beautiful location for the first time, and I want the readers to get that certain sense of anticipation that, after reading these posts, it will only build the excitement and make more DIS'ers happy about choosing the WL!!!:D

Thanks, buzzsgramma, cool name, when you stayed in 1163 what floor was that? Do you recommend bottom floor or up a liittle higher for the veiw? Was this a courtyard veiw? Thanks for the response. It seems like all of the other resorts all kinds of people respond about room location but for some reason can not get much help with WL. Thanks so much, any other WL info would be grestly appreciate....... corvair

thanks corvair Yes it was a courtyard view.... great for convenience (no elevators to deal with), but for a thrilling view we loved the 6th floor looking out over the pool towards Artist Point. Have also stayed in a lobby rm. I believe now called woods view(someone feel free to correct me) we sat on the balcony and watched them build the villas...thats when we first looked into DVC. Enjoy your stay.

We stayed at WL last September and loved it! I'd call the atmosphere "the romantic west." There are lots of nooks and crannies with comfy chairs/sofas inviting you to stop and take a break from your day. Somehow the architecture and rocks make the temperature seem cooler inside. The fireplace in the lobby is beautiful and I believe the colors mimic the rock layers of the Grand Canyon. Theme music playing in the lobby throughout the day sounds like something from an epic movie (Last of the Mohicans?). The overall affect definitely has the Disney magic!

The next time we stay there, I'll ask for a room closer to the lobby. We stayed in 3159 and 3161...a long and winding path from the lobby at the end of a long day, but with a great balcony view of the pool, geyser, and electric water pageant.

MKINGDOM, Can you tell me more about the lay out of the rooms? You said you were in room 3159. I was going to request to be at the end of the U shape courtyardveiw. Someone told me that the steps were at the end so you could use them to get to the pool instead of going through the lobby. Is this kind of where your rooms were? I would rather be more convenient to the pool than the lobby. Your veiw sounds like just what I am looking for. Were you close to the boat dock? Was this on the third floor? Thanks for any info. corvair..................................................................... At looking at the map of WL were you close to the poolbar?

...when you exited the lobby to walk towards the pool area, were your rooms on the left or the right?
(OOOOHHHHH, this is getting SOOOOO exciting!!!:bounce: )

I stayed at Wilderness Lodge a few years ago. We were in a Woods View room, #4082. It had 1 queen bed and bunkbeds. If I remember correctly, it had a solid balcony, I'm thinking it was sorta like a dormer balcony (4th floor). It is in the lobby area, behind the fireplace. It was a great room, however during the night you could hear the vaccum in the lobby. I did not notice any noise from Whispering Canyon, as it was below us. Our view was of woods.

We love the Artist Point restaurant, especially the Berry Cobbler!

Can't wait to stay at Wilderness Lodge again! Hopefully we'll be able to stay there for a weekend next year!

do you have any pics you csn share with us? (I don't know about anyone else, but I sure would LOVE to see 'em!!):cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter