NEW Wilderness Lodge FAQ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. I also have one more question. I have a standard room booked for aug 16-23. I was thinking about asking for a bunk bed room. Is there any over looking the front desk? I am thinking about calling and changing to a woods view but really dont want to spend the xtra money, but may change so i can get a better view. Are the ones facing the rooftops that bad? Either way i am glad to be going to disney and would be happy regardless of the room i get. I am just really confused over what I want to do.

I heard there may be childrens crafts in the WL lobby? Has anyone heard anything about this?

We will be ther 18-25
How will we know it's you? will you be the only one with the lime green ribbon in your hair?
Can I fax my room request to you???
Thank you for all this great information!
you're the best!

1983 Disneyland
1987 Honeymoon DisneyInn
1992 offsite
2000 Port Orleans
2001 Wonder and HRH
2002 Wilderness Lodge 23 Days to Go!!!!!!!!
2003 Magic western
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

....for 999ghsts!!!! Thank you soooo much for responding; now we have a "resident expert" who can, hopefully, answer any questions the DIS'ers may have. All I know is, last night we booked the WL (7/30-8/4) and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
(Question: when you enter the lobby from the front doors, to the left is the "South" or the "North"?):confused:

(999ghsts: are you REALLY a CM????)

Greetings,
I just booked us for a courtyard room 11/30-12/7. I can't wait
for my hubby to see the lodge and all of the resorts decorated
for the holidays. We are spending our first day just visiting most
of the resorts and video taping the lobbies and the xmas decorations to take back to my office. I am a travel agent, so I
have briefly seen once before the decorations when I was at
Disney for business. Can someone throw out a couple of good
room numbers for us. We are booked with at courtyard view,
Would like a king bed, near the pool area, with a decent view.
I don't ask for much, do I (lol).

Thanks, and I love this thread.

Mary in Michigan (travelgoddes)

Originally posted by plutospup
I heard there may be childrens crafts in the WL lobby? Has anyone heard anything about this?

Yes they have this. When you check into the WL they hand you a newsletter of what is going on during the week. This will give you all of the times of everything that is happening.

My kids made American Indian looking bracelets and necklaces last year.

Hello, I got the same question about courtyard veiw. I have been checking all sites and I did gather that l think lower courtyard is what they consider near the pool. I think. Now if we could figure out where is south and north. Which side has the better pool veiw? It looks to me from all the pictures I have looked at , the side near pool bar has a better veiw of pool. The other side looks like there is a strip of trees between rooms and pool. I have never been there so I do not know. Maybe some one who has stayed there knows these answers....... Thanks Corvair

I will be there June 23-27 can not wait

On our stay last year. We stayed in room 7052. This was a concierge level room but any room ending in that will have the same view. We stayed at the Concierge level the first weekend that they started it.

Room - had 2 queen beds and you could see the Contemporary and Space Mountain from the room. We had requested a room where we could see the fireworks. Of course since we went in January and the fireworks were at 7pm and we weren't in our room to see them. This room is on the side where the smokehouse is. In the morning when we opened the balcony doors we had the great smell of the bacon and other goodies being smoked. Of course if you don't like this smell, stay away from this room. I believe that is also the side that there are deliveries but since we were so high up the beeping of the trucks backing up didn't bother us.

Concierge - The staff was great. Jack came down to the lobby to meet us when we checked in and brought us up to our room, showed us all around, explained the concierge services and showed us the view and said we would be able to see the fireworks from our room. There was always someone to greet us when we came back or when we were leaving, they always asked if we needed help with anything or if we had any questions. They left messages every day on our phone telling us park hours, special events going on, times of the parades and fireworks.

Concierge food -
7-10am Continental breakfast had the standard, bagels, muffins, danish, croissants, cereal boxes, juices, fresh fruit, hot oatmeal, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc.

11:30-3pm we weren't there for the snacks but were told that there are cookies, popcorn, fruit, preztels etc.

3pm-5pm - Afternoon tea. Assorted pastries and tea

5-7pm - wine, cheese and a dish from Artist point. Some of the offerings from Artist point were Duck breast over mixed salad greens, smoked salmon, crab cakes, etc. There was also chili one night

8-10pm - cordials and mini desserts

Courtyard can mean the rooms on the inside of the building OR the complete other side that face the villas! I would be upset if I booked courtyard and faced the villas(there is a pool there, so they can get away with this). So by saying inner courtyard you are asking for any room inside the "U"! The pool is located toward the top part of the "U". I would think these areas would be noisier. The top right outer portion of the U are courtyard, but VILLA side!
999ghsts has been a great help to all of us for quite awhile, but has remained a "ghost" to us! Was on vacation during our Dec. trip!

What a great link....if this one doesn't convince you to spend some time at WL, nothing will...!!!

Thanks for the great details!

I, too, would like to know if bunkbed rooms are available in the std view over the lobby. (Don't want to request the impossible!) Thanks!

kimmar067,
I had to think about this for a minute, but the north side of the U is on your left as you face the front of the building. Our room was on the south side of the first floor facing the woods about six rooms from the end. I liked it b/c I didn't have to take stairs or an elevator (I had a bad back at the time), but it was still a long walk all the way thru the building. If I recall correctly, the outdoor bar is on the south side as well. The path to boat dock to get to MK or CR is on the left/north side. It leads past the geyser (there's supposed to be hidden Mickey around the geyser, but we couldn't find it).

When you enter the lobby of the WL, be sure to notice the support columns around the room. They look like large logs bound together in a group, but not all of them reach the ceiling. Those that don't have various animals carved into the top of them. The chandliers (sp) all have buffalo cutouts on them (maybe other animals too-I can't remember). They look pretty sharp!

Okay, now I have a question. They used to sell those stone coasters at WL in the Merchantile Exchange (the kind that soak up water) and they had the WL logo on them. Does anyone know if they still sell them? I had a set but they no longer hold water. I may call/email WDW Mail Order, but wanted to find out before contacting them. Thanks!

Yensid1071,,,, Thanks for your help. You helped me to understand the courtyard better. I definatly want inner courtyard. If you were courtyard end of the U, how come you looked at the woods instead of pool? Did the pool end before your room? Where you were at is just about were I want to be. I do not know if I want ground floor or up so we have a veiw. Are there stairs at the end of the U? It sounds to me that you were near the pool bar. Thanks for info. When I booked I just said courtyard thinking I would be right near the pool. So thanks again for the info. Corvair.... Sorry I can not help you with your Question......

When we were there the children's activities were in the afternoon (I can't remember if it was 1 or 3 pm) outside on the deck behind the bar/towel area. We kept showing up late so we never took part - just watched. They posted the information in the lobby near guest services.

Thanx for the info on the childrens activities. Does anyone know if they still do a "Lady Bug" release?

Corvair,
Glad I could help! Actually, we had woods view (now lodge view, I think), but the door at the end of the hall opened out to the courtyard. There is a staircase by the entrance/exit as well. It's been a long time and I need to pull out my WL info, but we were at the end of the pool. The entrance at that end is just past the pool and close to the pool bar. I hope this helps clarify where our room was located!

At that exit, there is a trail which leads back around the woods/lodge view rooms and up to the front of the resort. It takes you to the Villas (it branches to go to the pool or the front entry), bus stop and an entrance near the Merchantile Exchange. If you walk any of the trails, be sure to look for the bear paw prints in the cement. And listen for the "crickets", too. At night the outdoor (and some indoor) lights flicker as if they are candles. It's a neat effect that adds to the atmosphere!

I'd really like to know about all lodge activities, tours, like that-Architecture tour, lady bug release, taste of the lodge (they used to have something like this), Hidden mickey tour, etc.? We really want to soak up the "ambiance" of the lodge as much as possible.

...used to have a tour of the grounds, which featured the smokehouse, and you got to sample some of the smoked meats, including venison (as offered in Artist Point). Do they still do this? Also, they used to have a "nature" segment for the kids at 8PM, where they talk about some woodland animals and let the children pet them, too.

(QUESTION: if no room type is requested [ other than std], will they automatically delegate a room w/2 queen beds or a king bed?)

i would also love to know about the children activities and if they still have the nature segment. My kids would love that

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter