New VGF rooms are now available online.

I am glad so many are changing, and they are happy. Resort studios are available for my December dates with friends, a 5 night and a 3 night stay, but I am sticking with BWV. Lack of microwave puts me off. Plus, keeping what I have saves me over 30 points.
I was able to grab a couple nights at the new Resort Studio. I didn’t realize there’s no microwave. Is that correct? Not that it’s a deal breaker, but just curious. Thanks.

IMO, the charts for all of VGF (and the Poly and the RIV) are absurd. But I am a BWV owner since 1999, so that's my frame of reference, LOL. Even so, I recently bought VGF anyway. :confused3:rotfl2:

According to DVCNews.com, there are likely going to be 28 TPV studios (out of 202), so relative to the LV & SV resort studios, they are probably priced appropriately. Over the next year or two, we will know how quickly those book vs the standard & lake categories. My guess is that speed of booking will end up SV, then TP with LV lasting the longest, and the category most likely to be available when the 7 month window opens.

https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-f...s-at-disney-s-grand-floridian-resort-spa-2022

Same boat…BWV owner since 2000, favorite DVC resort by a mile! But the recent VGF2 offer was too good to pass up, so bought a 150 pt contract to do occasional split-stays or shorter MK-focused long weekend trips etc. Just booked 2 standard view Resort studios for four nights in October. Can’t wait 😊

I’m curious about how many will be w/out balconies & have studied both the floor plan for the 5th floor here https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-f...oridian-units-declared-into-condo-association & compared it to photo’s of BPK’s exterior & can’t really figure it out. One thing’s clear though, if having a balcony matters to you & you want to avoid those little box balconies on the 4th & 5th floors, best to request lower floor :).
I’m only staying 2 nights in the ‘new’ building in late Nov. before moving to our 1 br. in the original building for 10 nights, so I may not bother to make any requests for BPK & just see where I end up there.
Unfortunately they declared the 5th, 4th and half of the 3rd floor. So there will be a lot of rooms with normal balconies but all the ones with none and small ones are in play right away.

Been awhile since I been on the DIS boards. Just switched my L8 Oct rez from SSR studio to VGF resort studio. Got on here, and I guess this VGF2 rez that I have is Legit ??? Awesome !

Unfortunately they declared the 5th, 4th and half of the 3rd floor. So there will be a lot of rooms with normal balconies but all the ones with none and small ones are in play right away.

All rooms will be available for stays, not just the declared ones. Owners just can’t book more than declared.

But DVC owners will be put into rooms on all 5 floors.

All rooms will be available for stays, not just the declared ones. Owners just can’t book more than declared.

I actually thought that DVC members could only book and stay in rooms that had been declared. One of the purposes of not just declaring everything was that once declared members and DVD would need to pay dues on those declared rooms.

Undeclared rooms which Disney are able to rent to regular paying customers who pays tax on those? DVD/DVC?

Undeclared rooms which Disney are able to rent to regular paying customers who pays tax on those? DVD/DVC?
Not sure which tax you mean. If it's the state & local taxes, those are charged to the guest who booked for cash, the same as they are for those who stay at POP, CS or any other resort hotel. Undeclared rooms belong to DVD, along with the associated revenues & expenses.

Oh great, I didn't realize when giving up my Poly ressie all rooms don't have a normal size balcony. What floor should I request to have better odds on getting a normal balcony?

Just modified my Halloween weekend from Jambo Savannah View to GF resort studio standard view for just FOUR extra points. Still wide open, I was shocked.

Thanks for the info.. I assumed that was the way it worked based on how DVC rents out to cash guests the 2% they retain & breakage. So since 50% of BPK is declared then 50% of the resort studios will be available for points stays & 50% for cash stays, but the actual studio I end up staying in isn’t limited to the declared DVC units?
Of course by the time I go late this year BPK may already be 100% declared.
Oh great, I didn't realize when giving up my Poly ressie all rooms don't have a normal size balcony. What floor should I request to have better odds on getting a normal balcony?
Floors 1-3 I think. See general BPK info. & photos here. https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-floridian/news/5147-grand-floridian-s-big-pine-key-building

Not sure which tax you mean. If it's the state & local taxes, those are charged to the guest who booked for cash, the same as they are for those who stay at POP, CS or any other resort hotel. Undeclared rooms belong to DVD, along with the associated revenues & expenses.
I mean property taxes.

I mean we owners pay our dues and part of that is the proper tax. My understanding is that for undeclared rooms no property tax is paid? At least not by owners but maybe by DVD since they own the unsold/undeclared rooms.

IMO, the charts for all of VGF (and the Poly and the RIV) are absurd. But I am a BWV owner since 1999, so that's my frame of reference, LOL. Even so, I recently bought VGF anyway. :confused3:rotfl2:

According to DVCNews.com, there are likely going to be 28 TPV studios (out of 202), so relative to the LV & SV resort studios, they are probably priced appropriately. Over the next year or two, we will know how quickly those book vs the standard & lake categories. My guess is that speed of booking will end up SV, then TP with LV lasting the longest, and the category most likely to be available when the 7 month window opens.

https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-f...s-at-disney-s-grand-floridian-resort-spa-2022

I have the same frame of reference as you, based on being a BWV owner since 2000!

That said when I booked my VGF nights, I booked Lagoon view even though standard was still available. I would have sprung for theme park view but I was short a few points in the contract I was using and didn't want to borrow or use another contract.

First off, was only doing an add on to my BWV stay.

Second, once the points are all sold, getting the nights will not be near as easy as this. So it's probably a one and done and I can say been there done that. Something similar happened with VGF when it first opened - I was able to book 4 nights and check it out. After that, I rarely saw but an occasional single night. Same with Riviera, booked something early and then had to cancel. Still looking to try the tiny room for when I go as a single without family.

That is what I want as well!!! I am going to be requesting a real coffee pot and toaster when I go in July...its only one night and our group decided we can do without the micro as we move to RIV the next day in a 1 bedroom.
I have a single serve 'Mickey' coffee pot and also a small, 2 slice Mickey toaster. I drive so maybe I'll pack the coffeepot. Or my electric kettle and my french press, or any number of other things to make a DVC stay, a DVC stay.

Just a bit of joking but methinks resort studios will become 'bring your own' type rooms as many DVC owners, myself included are used to having at least a minimal amount of convenience food available and the ability to warm leftovers. I long ago stopped worrying about making ADR's for every meal and just don't enjoy eating out for every meal so something simple often works for me. Plus having snacks and drinks available for days when I just want to sit on the balcony and put my feet up, after an hour or two in the parks on my annual pass to get a little exercise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter