New VGF rooms are now available online.

Now I have a real dilemma. I have a trip in a Boardwalk 1 bedroom standard view for August 14-20. I could instead rebook it for a standard view resort studio at GF for the same dates for 45 less points. We're doing the halloween party and Deluxe Evening hours at magic kingdom so being within walking distance to MK would be a real plus. We also have two daughters, aged 6 & 3, so the splash zone at GF would be nice. On the other hand we really like having a separate room, full refrigerator with freezer, and washer and dryer. We are really torn. Anyone have any thoughts on which ones we should go with?
New room and save points? Sounds like a win if you want to try it.
Plus you can walk/monorail to MK instead of bus from BWV.

Now I have a real dilemma. I have a trip in a Boardwalk 1 bedroom standard view for August 14-20. I could instead rebook it for a standard view resort studio at GF for the same dates for 45 less points. We're doing the halloween party and Deluxe Evening hours at magic kingdom so being within walking distance to MK would be a real plus. We also have two daughters, aged 6 & 3, so the splash zone at GF would be nice. We've also done Boardwalk before but have never done the GF. On the other hand we really like having a separate room, full refrigerator with freezer, and washer and dryer, and being able to walk to Food & Wine festival would be fun. We are really torn. Anyone have any thoughts on which one we should go with?
I just say no to studios

The new rooms at VGF2 are now available for online booking.

There are currently full availability in all new rooms from opening date and way beyond December.
Days are missing for Standard view for some dates in November and December already. And December 7 for TPV. That didn’t take long.

I switched my Christmastime trip from Riviera to the new GF rooms. Love the GF over the holidays! So glad I was able to snag some availability and keep my dates.

Is there any advantage to the resort studio over deluxe other than two real QS beds?
The original deluxe studios in VGF1 are 374 sq. feet, most BPK resort studios will be larger at 440 sq. ft.. A couple of the resort studios in BPK will have additional sitting areas in the turrets and will be substantially larger. It’s possible a resort studio or two in BPK will not have a balcony.

Booked 2 nights in October. Be interesting to see how this moves around the demand for the DVC properties.

Booked 2 nights in October. Be interesting to see how this moves around the demand for the DVC properties.
I'm west coast and checked last night before bed just in case - (about 2 am EST.) I was able to switch out my Rivera standard studio 8 nights stay Halloween and first week of November. I immediately checked the Riviera availability and it was gone/never went back into inventory. I assume it was taken by a waitlist. I had waitlisted the Rivera stay right at 11 months and it only recently filled. I was really torn on switching. Riviera is by far my favorite oasis at wdw. I figured it is probably the only time we will have the opportunity to book 8 nights in a standard view at Grand Floridian. I assume theme park view will be readily available at 7 months but at almost twice the cost of standard and more than most one bedroom standard view units at other resorts I wont be spending that many points on a theme park view GF resort studio unit. We're booked for the Halloween night MK party and am looking forward to walking back to the resort. I do much prefer the pool, morning coffeeshop right downstairs, dining choices, skyliner and lack of crowds of Riviera though.

I'm west coast and checked last night before bed just in case - (about 2 am EST.) I was able to switch out my Rivera standard studio 8 nights stay Halloween and first week of November. I immediately checked the Riviera availability and it was gone/never went back into inventory. I assume it was taken by a waitlist. I had waitlisted the Rivera stay right at 11 months and it only recently filled. I was really torn on switching. Riviera is by far my favorite oasis at wdw. I figured it is probably the only time we will have the opportunity to book 8 nights in a standard view at Grand Floridian. I assume theme park view will be readily available at 7 months but at almost twice the cost of standard and more than most one bedroom standard view units at other resorts I wont be spending that many points on a theme park view GF resort studio unit. We're booked for the Halloween night MK party and am looking forward to walking back to the resort. I do much prefer the pool, morning coffeeshop right downstairs, dining choices, skyliner and lack of crowds of Riviera though.
The theme park view pricing is pretty wild. We have Halloween Party tix for Oct 25 so I switched out 2 of our BWV nights to stay at the GFV2 bc of the walk and to check out the new rooms. Just chose standard view. We are pretty stoked.

Like you, I am not sure when we will be able to stay again bc we would only stay in the standard room bc of the cost of the other views.

Looks like normal 7/11 month booking windows are in effect. As members book VGF2, availability should open at some of the other resorts, too.

I'm surprised (thought we'd have to wait until 8 am Eastern), but happy for all those hoping to book today. Good decision, DVC - it will spread the 8 am load on the servers. :)
Does this mean that for non-GF owners, they will need to wait until 7 months to book the new resort studios? I think that's true correct?

I am glad so many are changing, and they are happy. Resort studios are available for my December dates with friends, a 5 night and a 3 night stay, but I am sticking with BWV. Lack of microwave puts me off. Plus, keeping what I have saves me over 30 points.

The theme park view pricing is pretty wild. We have Halloween Party tix for Oct 25 so I switched out 2 of our BWV nights to stay at the GFV2 bc of the walk and to check out the new rooms. Just chose standard view. We are pretty stoked.

Like you, I am not sure when we will be able to stay again bc we would only stay in the standard room bc of the cost of the other views.
My Riviera stay was broken up into two ressies. I had not merged them yet and I was really tempted to just do half the stay at GFV2. I think it was only one point per night difference between the two. I even consulted DD's before I hit the cancel Riveria button. We figured we have lots of opportunities for future stays at Riviera standard with a home resort advantage but this will likely be our only chance at GFV standard so we went with the entire stay at GFV2.

We did a MK Christmas party last year during our Riviera stay and the bus situation afterward was seamless but just as soon as you rely on the bus system working in your favor there's a major glitch. Will definitely be nice not to have to chance it.

This stay is just daughter's and I. We will miss the split bath with ability for two to shower at once but the proper beds might make up for it. We're excited too. I hope they have a coffee shop that can make similar morning drinks. We found the food service too far from GFV1 to run to grab something while getting ready in the morning but GFV2 sounds like it's closer to run to get a coffee in the morning. Now I just need it to be a good coffee. It was such a treat to get something special to start the day off right downstairs at Riviera vs waiting in long lines once in the park for Starbucks.

I am glad so many are changing, and they are happy. Resort studios are available for my December dates with friends, a 5 night and a 3 night stay, but I am sticking with BWV. Lack of microwave puts me off. Plus, keeping what I have saves me over 30 points.

I'm crossing my fingers this will let my BWV waitlist fill, but realistically I know there are probably not too many members jumping at the chance to change studios and pay 30+ more points for the same trip 😅

My Riviera stay was broken up into two ressies. I had not merged them yet and I was really tempted to just do half the stay at GFV2. I think it was only one point per night difference between the two. I even consulted DD's before I hit the cancel Riveria button. We figured we have lots of opportunities for future stays at Riviera standard with a home resort advantage but this will likely be our only chance at GFV standard so we went with the entire stay at GFV2.

We did a MK Christmas party last year during our Riviera stay and the bus situation afterward was seamless but just as soon as you rely on the bus system working in your favor there's a major glitch. Will definitely be nice not to have to chance it.

This stay is just daughter's and I. We will miss the split bath with ability for two to shower at once but the proper beds might make up for it. We're excited too. I hope they have a coffee shop that can make similar morning drinks. We found the food service too far from GFV1 to run to grab something while getting ready in the morning but GFV2 sounds like it's closer to run to get a coffee in the morning. Now I just need it to be a good coffee. It was such a treat to get something special to start the day off right downstairs at Riviera vs waiting in long lines once in the park for Starbucks.
You are making me want RIV points just for the coffee :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter