New VGF rooms are now available online.

Looks like normal 7/11 month booking windows are in effect. As members book VGF2, availability should open at some of the other resorts, too.

I'm surprised (thought we'd have to wait until 8 am Eastern), but happy for all those hoping to book today. Good decision, DVC - it will spread the 8 am load on the servers. :)

Looks like normal 7/11 month booking windows are in effect. As members book VGF2, availability should open at some of the other resorts, too.

I'm surprised (thought we'd have to wait until 8 am Eastern), but happy for all those hoping to book today. Good decision, DVC - it will spread the 8 am load on the servers. :)
There’s even availability over NYE popping up at other resorts 😳

I made two bookings for resort studios within seven month window. One was a move from gfv deluxe lake to resort studio

resort studios and the two real beds appeal to me more

I was able to change an upcoming reservation we have for this November to a resort studio. Looks like website is now down

Is there any advantage to the resort studio over deluxe other than two real QS beds?

I booked the resort studios so I could try and change my 2 bedroom from VGF to SSR points in early December...different memberships. I am glad I logged on early because I was able to do it...took work cause I had to do one night at a time to ensure no waitlist grabbed it and system is no dwarfing out.

I also made the change for my one night 1 bedrooms in January and March because its looking more like those will be solo trips and I don't need it for that one night (since I go to RIV for two nights after in a 1 bedroom).

I'm getting the 7 Dwarves message. I saw the message about VGF resort studio reservations can only be modified on the phone, not online. Do you think that will hold true after today now that new online bookings are allowed?

I noticed alot of movement already with the new openings...
I was able to get 1 night in standard resort studio.

Last edited:
I noticed alot of movement already with the new openings...
I was able to get 2 nights in standard resort studio.
Same here.

I had pieced together a few days end of March but was nervous that it was too close to spring break time. It was the earliest time frame I could piece together with out 2 home resorts.

This morning I was able to move both reservations up 2 weeks with plenty of availability. One of those was BWV standard studio.

I'm getting the 7 Dwarves message. I saw the message about VGF resort studio reservations can only be modified on the phone, not online. Do you think that will hold true after today now that new online bookings are allowed?
Just checked mine for December and they can now be modified online.

I notice the message at the top of the website but it allowed me to move through all the "modify" screens. I didn't actually do it since I don't want to change but it looks as though I can.

Now I have a real dilemma. I have a trip in a Boardwalk 1 bedroom standard view for August 14-20. I could instead rebook it for a standard view resort studio at GF for the same dates for 45 less points. We're doing the halloween party and Deluxe Evening hours at magic kingdom so being within walking distance to MK would be a real plus. We also have two daughters, aged 6 & 3, so the splash zone at GF would be nice. We've also done Boardwalk before but have never done the GF. On the other hand we really like having a separate room, full refrigerator with freezer, and washer and dryer, and being able to walk to Food & Wine festival would be fun. We are really torn. Anyone have any thoughts on which one we should go with?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter