New VGF rooms are now available online.

So grateful for the info in this thread! I booked a 5 night stay at Saratoga Springs over thanksgiving weekend just last week. It and OKW were all that was left. As a result of this thread I checked this morning and was able to move from Saratoga to the Polyniesian! There was plenty of studio availability all around this morning. 😍

IMO, the charts for all of VGF (and the Poly and the RIV) are absurd. But I am a BWV owner since 1999, so that's my frame of reference, LOL. Even so, I recently bought VGF anyway. :confused3:rotfl2:

According to DVCNews.com, there are likely going to be 28 TPV studios (out of 202), so relative to the LV & SV resort studios, they are probably priced appropriately. Over the next year or two, we will know how quickly those book vs the standard & lake categories. My guess is that speed of booking will end up SV, then TP with LV lasting the longest, and the category most likely to be available when the 7 month window opens.

https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-f...s-at-disney-s-grand-floridian-resort-spa-2022

IMO, the charts for all of VGF (and the Poly and the RIV) are absurd. But I am a BWV owner since 1999, so that's my frame of reference, LOL. Even so, I recently bought VGF anyway. :confused3:rotfl2:

According to DVCNews.com, there are likely going to be 28 TPV studios (out of 202), so relative to the LV & SV resort studios, they are probably priced appropriately. Over the next year or two, we will know how quickly those book vs the standard & lake categories. My guess is that speed of booking will end up SV, then TP with LV lasting the longest, and the category most likely to be available when the 7 month window opens.

https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-f...s-at-disney-s-grand-floridian-resort-spa-2022
Totally agree.

That’s why I bought points at VGF2, as well… to take advantage of the 11 month booking window for standard view :teeth:

I'm confused at how there is so much available for the Resort Studios! Everything is showing me available from very end of June through the 7 month window. This is standard view. Is this a glitch?

I'm confused at how there is so much available for the Resort Studios! Everything is showing me available from very end of June through the 7 month window. This is standard view. Is this a glitch?
No glitch, just a limited time of great availability at VGF. Probably won't last the week when Facebook spreads the word.

101 rooms is a lot of rooms. Until yesterday, it was only VGF owners, and many of them may have already had regular studios (if studios are what they wanted) booked. Plus, they haven't sold very many points yet attached to these rooms.

Is there a different points chart category for these new studios? I thought it would be a little lower without the kitchenette.

eta: I just went into my account, the points for st and lv are the same as the deluxe studios, I think that's disappointing. I agree though, that additional studios are a great thing though for dvc members. I just think it's getting away from the home away from home theme. JMO

Last edited:
Is there a different points chart category for these new studios? I thought it would be a little lower without the kitchenette.
Resort studios and deluxe studios are the same points for their respective lake and standard views, although each is its own booking category. The TPV resort studios are much higher.

The thought is that resort studios are much larger than deluxe studios and therefore that offsets the lack of a kitchenette and split bath. I'm not sure that I agree but I guess DVD had to inflate the VGF2 studio points in order to maximize sales.

Your right I thought VGF1 was over a little bit more.
The original deluxe studios in VGF1 are 374 sq. feet, most BPK resort studios will be larger at 440 sq. ft.. A couple of the resort studios in BPK will have additional sitting areas in the turrets and will be substantially larger. It’s possible a resort studio or two in BPK will not have a balcony.
It’s more than 1 or two. I forget the number but I think it is around 6 on the 5th floor will have no balcony. Then there will be quiet a few with a small square balcony on both the 5th and 4th floors.

Last edited:

eta: I just went into my account, the points for st and lv are the same as the deluxe studios, I think that's disappointing. I agree though, that additional studios are a great thing though for dvc members. I just think it's getting away from the home away from home theme. JMO
This matches my view as well, but this was a quick flip "no plumbing involved". I think a lot of legacy VGF owners are afraid that even though overall studio availability may get better, this will not be good for them in many cases. It will get far more difficult to book 1BR, 2BR, and deluxe studios (original DVC building). While it might get easier to book resort studios, booking deluxe studios was only an issue in early DEC, the rest of the year availability of studios lasted till 9-10 months and wasn't a problem. I'm not a VGF owner, so this doesn't impact me, but if I were, I would be in the not excited camp. The pro of the resort studio is 2 "real" beds. The pros of the deluxe studios is 1.5 bathrooms (2 showers) and the kitchenette. For my family, the pros of the deluxe studio would be preferred most trips. But I can definitely see where some parties would prefer the resort studios. But with a greater than 4:1 ratios (202:47) and the same point chart for std and lake view, I expect availability for deluxe studios (VGF1) to be more limited.

This matches my view as well, but this was a quick flip "no plumbing involved". I think a lot of legacy VGF owners are afraid that even though overall studio availability may get better, this will not be good for them in many cases. It will get far more difficult to book 1BR, 2BR, and deluxe studios (original DVC building). While it might get easier to book resort studios, booking deluxe studios was only an issue in early DEC, the rest of the year availability of studios lasted till 9-10 months and wasn't a problem. I'm not a VGF owner, so this doesn't impact me, but if I were, I would be in the not excited camp. The pro of the resort studio is 2 "real" beds. The pros of the deluxe studios is 1.5 bathrooms (2 showers) and the kitchenette. For my family, the pros of the deluxe studio would be preferred most trips. But I can definitely see where some parties would prefer the resort studios. But with a greater than 4:1 ratios (202:47) and the same point chart for std and lake view, I expect availability for deluxe studios (VGF1) to be more limited.
We would be just fine without the kitchenette sink. Just give a real mini fridge, microwave and toaster. I have stayed ad lots of other Hotels and they manage to survive providing a real mini fridge and microwave at drastically lower prices, daily room cleaning than Disney hotel prices and they seem to make money.

We would be just fine without the kitchenette sink. Just give a real mini fridge, microwave and toaster. I have stayed ad lots of other Hotels and they manage to survive providing a real mini fridge and microwave at drastically lower prices, daily room cleaning than Disney hotel prices and they seem to make money.

That is what I want as well!!! I am going to be requesting a real coffee pot and toaster when I go in July...its only one night and our group decided we can do without the micro as we move to RIV the next day in a 1 bedroom.

It’s more than 1 or two. I forget the number but I think it is around 6 on the 5th floor will have no balcony. Then there will be quiet a few with a small square balcony on both the 5th and 4th floors.
I’m curious about how many will be w/out balconies & have studied both the floor plan for the 5th floor here https://dvcnews.com/resorts/grand-f...oridian-units-declared-into-condo-association & compared it to photo’s of BPK’s exterior & can’t really figure it out. One thing’s clear though, if having a balcony matters to you & you want to avoid those little box balconies on the 4th & 5th floors, best to request lower floor :).
I’m only staying 2 nights in the ‘new’ building in late Nov. before moving to our 1 br. in the original building for 10 nights, so I may not bother to make any requests for BPK & just see where I end up there.

That is what I want as well!!! I am going to be requesting a real coffee pot and toaster when I go in July...its only one night and our group decided we can do without the micro as we move to RIV the next day in a 1 bedroom.
Doesn’t the resort studio have a real coffee pot??

Doesn’t the resort studio have a real coffee pot??
It has a Keurig. I prefer a coffee pot brew to single serve pods, too. Since our first VGF resort studio stay will be for 3 or 4 nights, I'll probably request a coffee pot, too.

Last edited:
Now I have a real dilemma. I have a trip in a Boardwalk 1 bedroom standard view for August 14-20. I could instead rebook it for a standard view resort studio at GF for the same dates for 45 less points. We're doing the halloween party and Deluxe Evening hours at magic kingdom so being within walking distance to MK would be a real plus. We also have two daughters, aged 6 & 3, so the splash zone at GF would be nice. We've also done Boardwalk before but have never done the GF. On the other hand we really like having a separate room, full refrigerator with freezer, and washer and dryer, and being able to walk to Food & Wine festival would be fun. We are really torn. Anyone have any thoughts on which one we should go with?

I took your first 4 nights of your Boardwalk 1 bedroom standard yesterday. Just wanted to say thank you, son is coming for 4 nights and will be ropedropping HS/Epcot so it made sense for us. We are then moving to VGF (our home resort) as well for the rest of the trip.

Hope you enjoy the Grand!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter