NEW VGF Building

I wonder how concerned they are that this might result in off-site people parking at DS and then taking the Skyliner to a resort near one of the parks.
It would get more people into DS, and extra foot traffic always means more money. I think it would be a net positive for Disney.

It would get more people into DS, and extra foot traffic always means more money. I think it would be a net positive for Disney.
Only if Disney can charge more rent for those retail and dining establishments. Most of the DS merchants are not run by Disney. They lease the space from Disney.

I wonder how concerned they are that this might result in off-site people parking at DS and then taking the Skyliner to a resort near one of the parks.

They can easily scan if they were worried before you could get in line or board. I would say though that its a long ways to get from Disney Springs to CBR to Epcot/HS. It also would be no different than people taking a bus to BWV/BCV/POLY to then get to the parks.

Additionally it makes sense if they had this line for the new train station and Disney Springs. That way you could put the requirement for parking on the train stop, its separate from closest to Disney Springs parking spots, and you get train passengers to the resorts/parks on that line without busses.

I have heard GF has paper thin walls. I would guess the interior walls have to be rebuilt in the conversion? Hopefully they insulate them better. Anyone experienced this at GF ?

I have heard GF has paper thin walls. I would guess the interior walls have to be rebuilt in the conversion? Hopefully they insulate them better. Anyone experienced this at GF ?
I've never heard that. But I seriously doubt they will be tearing out interior walls during the conversion.

I've never heard that. But I seriously doubt they will be tearing out interior walls during the conversion.

They might. They definitely took them all out with PVB. I'm not certain if they did with Jambo but would guess so. Pretty certain they also did it with CCV.

They did for the Polynesian. Not sure about Copper Creek. The probably have to add plumbing for the little kitchenette, so I would not be surprised it they gutted the place.

I‘ve heard that as well. There’s a very nice woman who has a DVC YouTube channel who just visited WDW and stayed in the hotel side of the Grand Floridian at Big Pine Key. She loves the resort but mentioned that she wouldn’t stay there again because of the paper thin walls that prevented both she and her husband from ever having a decent night‘s sleep while staying there. Disney will have to fix that during the remodel.

I‘ve heard that as well. There’s a very nice woman who has a DVC YouTube channel who just visited WDW and stayed in the hotel side of the Grand Floridian at Big Pine Key. She loves the resort but mentioned that she wouldn’t stay there again because of the paper thin walls that prevented both she and her husband from ever having a decent night‘s sleep while staying there. Disney will have to fix that during the remodel.
I was wondering if that was why you asked :) I watched her video and it made me think twice about buying at VGF2. At least until there is a chance for people to stay and report on their experience.

Last edited:
So will the 150 point minimum for buying at VGF2 apply to current DVC members wanting to add on at VGF too? Or does the minimum only apply to those brand new to DVC?

So will the 150 point minimum for buying at VGF2 apply to current DVC members wanting to add on at VGF too? Or does the minimum only apply to those brand new to DVC?

Add on minimums of that amount won't work so no, that won't be required for existing members. That's the amount for brand new DVC members.

It probably will be 50 pts though vs the 25 that is allowed at most properties. I believe it is only Riviera and CCV that currently have the 50pt add on minimum so I wouldn't be surprised for VGF to join that. I wonder if they'd make an exception for current VGF owners though who felt they needed just a few more points? I mean why not add on one more qualifier to purchase levels. :teeth:

I as wondering if that was why you asked :) I watched her video and it made me think twice about buying at VGF2. At least until there is a chance for people to stay and report on their experience.

I also saw this video, and now I am nervous about it because we are also considering buying points at VGF2 as soon as they go on sale.

I also saw this video, and now I am nervous about it because we are also considering buying points at VGF2 as soon as they go on sale.

Grain of salt.

Put the noisiest family next to you or above you and you will hear them at all resorts. We've had it many places where most trips you wonder if anyone is around and then the next time you wonder what happened - elephants above? Angry gorillas or lions next door? And connecting door units can often have more noise issues. Depending on your neighbors.

Probably a nice reminder to be considerate of the noise you make when staying anywhere.

I saw the same video.. We were originally between RIV and VGF, but we will definitely be 1 BR people for most family trips. Between that video and the fact that the new rooms will all be studios, we decided we were probably better off with RIV- plus the points are cheaper and the 1 BR's take a little less points to book - I am hoping that booking at 7 months will be a tad easier at VGF (at least for studios).
I just really wish they would have added on some 1 BR units... I get it though- a lot of people want studios!

I saw the same video.. We were originally between RIV and VGF, but we will definitely be 1 BR people for most family trips. Between that video and the fact that the new rooms will all be studios, we decided we were probably better off with RIV- plus the points are cheaper and the 1 BR's take a little less points to book - I am hoping that booking at 7 months will be a tad easier at VGF (at least for studios).
I just really wish they would have added on some 1 BR units... I get it though- a lot of people want studios!

We like one bedrooms as well, but wound up going with VGF over RIV earlier this year, and plan to buy additional direct points when VGF2 goes on sale. (It’s currently impossible to find our UY points on resale.) I wish they would have added one bedrooms also, but we might use one of the new studios for a night every once in a while. Nice to have them available if we’re staying at another home resort and we want to stay on property the first night after our late arrival flight.

For us, in addition to the VGF one bedrooms feeling nice and cozy, we love the lake view, the new walking path, and the complete level of immersion into a beautiful resort world. We really liked the rooms at the Riviera, but just didn’t feel those other elements. We’re also hoping the room conversion might bring a few other fun features to the GF we don’t yet know about.

I saw the video. Sound is subjective to a point. We have heard noise from rooms in BRV, BWV, OKW. was it enough to ruin our vacation, no. We have learned to put blankets or towels at the bottom of the connecting room door, and that helps alot. That lady on the video seemed a little over the top with the noise issue.

I saw the video. Sound is subjective to a point. We have heard noise from rooms in BRV, BWV, OKW. was it enough to ruin our vacation, no. We have learned to put blankets or towels at the bottom of the connecting room door, and that helps alot. That lady on the video seemed a little over the top with the noise issue.
i don’t think she was over the top. I’ve watched a number of her videos and trust her opinion. There is a general consensus out there that the VGF hotel rooms are not good, for a whole ton of reasons. I trust that they’ll fix this issue in the remodel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter