We recently used this service. You check your lightsabers and other large items at the First Order Cargo Shop. Then at the end of the day it is waiting for you at Stroller Rental just outside the park. It was easy, fast, and convenient. It was the first time I used it and it was way nicer than using a locker which is what I have done in the past.

Thanks for that info, I'll consider it.

Have a couple questions about Smugglers Run.

I heard it’s possible that the pilots can make this a bumping ride that causes motion sickness. Does it create the feeling of drops the same way Star Tours or even Soarin does? I have a read a couple people say younger pilots can make it not a great experience. I don’t want to ruin anyone fun so I need to try to get an idea if I will be ok on this ride. I do not like the feeling of drops (I can do Pirates but that’s the biggest drop I will do).

Anyone have experience with single rider for Smugglers? Wondering if it moves pretty quickly like Cars usually does since it’s a 6 seater.

Have a couple questions about Smugglers Run.

I heard it’s possible that the pilots can make this a bumping ride that causes motion sickness. Does it create the feeling of drops the same way Star Tours or even Soarin does? I have a read a couple people say younger pilots can make it not a great experience. I don’t want to ruin anyone fun so I need to try to get an idea if I will be ok on this ride. I do not like the feeling of drops (I can do Pirates but that’s the biggest drop I will do).

Anyone have experience with single rider for Smugglers? Wondering if it moves pretty quickly like Cars usually does since it’s a 6 seater.
I get motion sickness, and for the most part this ride was fine for me. The only place that made me get a little queasy was at the end when Chewy takes over the controls and flies you back to base. This is at the very end as you are approaching the base planet after the asteroids. That gave a little queasy feeling but not that bad. I have ridden the ride multiple times. I generally cannot ride Incredicoaster or Guardians because of my motion sickness. Star Tours, Space, and Big Thunder do not bother me at all. So hopefully that gives you a frame of reference.

We recently used this service. You check your lightsabers and other large items at the First Order Cargo Shop. Then at the end of the day it is waiting for you at Stroller Rental just outside the park. It was easy, fast, and convenient. It was the first time I used it and it was way nicer than using a locker which is what I have done in the past.

Is this for any guest that purchases large items in Batuu, or only for DLR hotel guests? I might want to use this, since I will be buying stuff for me and DS and staying offsite.

I get motion sickness too, and this ride is fine for me. I am so busy focusing on shooting things or fixing things, that I don’t notice any effects.

My daughter loves this ride and was willing to stand in the 60 minute line tonight. It took 33 minutes to get our assignments and a total of 45 minutes from start to finish.

We did single rider, and it moved well. I think the wait time for regular line was 50 minutes and we did it in 20 with single rider.

I did single rider 5 times over 2 days in SWGE.

The single rider is a side corridor to the far left of the standby entrance. The corridor splits into 2 sides, left and right. You can go either side. There are 3 levels of steps / stairs on each side, 2 sets then a corner and then one set to the top. At the top of the stairs you are at the loading area for the standby line. The CM will call the next party from the standby line and ask how many in the party. Then depending on the party size from the standby line, they may call up to 3 people from the single rider line.

The handing out of positions is completely up to the CM. Some just randomly hand out the cards, some choose specific people in the group to be pilot and then give out the other cards randomly. There is about 5 minutes to try to swap positions in your group once you are in the loading area.

I got engineer 3 times, gunner once and pilot once.

The single rider wait time is approx 20 minutes once you go up the first set of steps. If the single rider line is back at the main corridor before the two sides of steps, leave and come back another time.

For those of you who have ridden Smuggler's Run, how good is it? I know this is very subjective, but what would you give it out of 10? Especially compared to, say, big E-Ticket attractions like Indie and Space Mountain and Splash Mountain? I only ask because I'm really never that pumped for the new motion simulator ride no matter what theme park it pops up in. It's always a bit...meh?

But SR looks a lot more interactive so wondering if that takes it up a notch or two?

So what do you give it out of 10? And what ride in the Disney lineup hits that 10 mark for you?

For those of you who have ridden Smuggler's Run, how good is it? I know this is very subjective, but what would you give it out of 10? Especially compared to, say, big E-Ticket attractions like Indie and Space Mountain and Splash Mountain? I only ask because I'm really never that pumped for the new motion simulator ride no matter what theme park it pops up in. It's always a bit...meh?

But SR looks a lot more interactive so wondering if that takes it up a notch or two?

So what do you give it out of 10? And what ride in the Disney lineup hits that 10 mark for you?

each person has different idea on good, so this is my description
  1. You sit in a cockpit very similar to what you see in the movies.
  2. The seats are 2 pilots at the front, 2 gunners in the middle, 2 engineers at the back
  3. The seats area actually along the the 2 sides, with a centre aisle, IMO the view of the action is not obstructed from the back seats.
  4. The seats have lap belts, similar to Star Tours. The engineers and gunners can hold onto handles in the seat backs in front of them.
  5. The 2 pilots have a desk in front of them, the gunners and engineers have a wall of buttons on the side wall.
  6. The buttons light up, like the game Simon Says and you press them as required
  7. Hondo gives audio instructions, tells the pilots when to pull the lever to go to Hyperdrive, the gunners when to fire and the engineers when to fix things
  8. There is auto mode or manual mode for gunner position, cant remember about other positions
  9. The left pilot gear stick moves the ship left and right, the right pilot gear stick moves the ship up and down.
  10. The purpose of the mission is to collect coaxium tubes. Most crew will only get 1, but some will get 2.
  11. The cockpit moves about depending on the pilots, the more times you crash into things, the more bumped around you get.
  12. If you get lost in the action, and shout and cheer and just really not think or be too serious about the experience, you will enjoy it more
  13. Dont get too caught up in, oh I have to be pilot, one ride I did, there was a mother and daughter first time on the ride and they were both pilots. The child was not able to follow the instruction and afterwards I heard the mother say, that was cool but maybe next time we wont be pilots.
  14. It feels alot more real than Star Tours, you dont wear the 3 D glasses
  15. Star Tours just felt very dated and flat after Smugglers Run.

It’s very comparable to Star Tours. I’d rank them similarly.

2. The seats are 2 pilots at the front, 2 gunners in the middle, 2 engineers at the back
  3. The seats area actually along the the 2 sides, with a centre aisle, IMO the view of the action is not obstructed from the back seats.
  4. The seats have lap belts, similar to Star Tours. The engineers and gunners can hold onto handles in the seat backs in front of them.
  5. The 2 pilots have a desk in front of them, the gunners and engineers have a wall of buttons on the side wall.
  6. The buttons light up, like the game Simon Says and you press them as required
  7. Hondo gives audio instructions, tells the pilots when to pull the lever to go to Hyperdrive, the gunners when to fire and the engineers when to fix things
  8. There is auto mode or manual mode for gunner position, cant remember about other positions
  9. The left pilot gear stick moves the ship left and right, the right pilot gear stick moves the ship up and down.
  10. The purpose of the mission is to collect coaxium tubes. Most crew will only get 1, but some will get 2.
  11. The cockpit moves about depending on the pilots, the more times you crash into things, the more bumped around you get.
  12. If you get lost in the action, and shout and cheer and just really not think or be too serious about the experience, you will enjoy it more
  13. Dont get too caught up in, oh I have to be pilot, one ride I did, there was a mother and daughter first time on the ride and they were both pilots. The child was not able to follow the instruction and afterwards I heard the mother say, that was cool but maybe next time we wont be pilots.
Thanks Tink. I have a question for those of you who go with families. I will be solo and this ride sounds really interactive. Do you want me to sit reasonably quietly and just do my job or engage with your family? I'm honestly curious. I know it will be different in each group but I wanted to azk.

Thanks Tink. I have a question for those of you who go with families. I will be solo and this ride sounds really interactive. Do you want me to sit reasonably quietly and just do my job or engage with your family? I'm honestly curious. I know it will be different in each group but I wanted to azk.

I was solo in Disneyland and on all 5 rides of Smugglers Run. TBH, just be you, holler and cheer and yell instructions, if thats what you feel like. Dont be worrying about "intruding" on a families ride. Chat with your fellow riders as you wait to be called to your pod, it breaks the ice and then everyone has a better ride, instead of sitting stiffly in silence. Any you will find as the experience starts you naturally engage.

I personally think it’s better than Star Tours. The graphics are cool, and it feels like you’re flying. When you crash into things you really feel it. I’m not a big fan of simulator or rides that require work (I.e. TSMM and Buzz). But I don’t think the ride is too complicated. I was worried about that aspect before doing it too.

Thank you for the descriptions. That helps so much. I will be going over this whole thread to take notes. But this post helps us so much. :thumbsup2

I am going to be solo too.. I intend to have fun for me. If a family at Disneyland, riding a new ride, gets irritated due to my excitement then poohey on them :)

Here now and didn’t have time to read through 39 pages, so not sure if it’s been mentioned but want to share my experience this morning.

They have not been doing the boarding groups so I wrongly assumed that all entrances to the land would be open this morning. (Not just Critter Country.) We are staying at DLR so we had early entry. Got in at 7 and went on Hyperspace Mountain and then went and lined up at Fantasyland along with many other people
at 7:30. At 2 minutes to 8, CM comes by to say that only Critter Country entry is open at 8. By that time we didn’t have time to go back to the Hub so just followed the masses the long way. Long story short, hundreds of people got in ahead of us and I still haven’t been on MFSR :( Hoping to get on tonight if I can last that long!

Here now and didn’t have time to read through 39 pages, so not sure if it’s been mentioned but want to share my experience this morning.

They have not been doing the boarding groups so I wrongly assumed that all entrances to the land would be open this morning. (Not just Critter Country.) We are staying at DLR so we had early entry. Got in at 7 and went on Hyperspace Mountain and then went and lined up at Fantasyland along with many other people
at 7:30. At 2 minutes to 8, CM comes by to say that only Critter Country entry is open at 8. By that time we didn’t have time to go back to the Hub so just followed the masses the long way. Long story short, hundreds of people got in ahead of us and I still haven’t been on MFSR :( Hoping to get on tonight if I can last that long!
Oh no :( if it helps. We got in line for MFSR around 1:50-2ish, and were off by 2:30. The posted time was 75 minutes. I noticed though the line did curve into the back part at all, so I knew it would be less than 75 minutes. So it could be a shorter wait than posted depending on where the line is.

I have been keeping an eye on the wait times the last few days. It has calmed down every day in the afternoon. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!